GDT Jets at Sabres 1/9/18 7 PM MSG, WGR

Brawndo

This team is so depressing.

It’s not gonna get better anytime soon. It would take a miracle for them to win the lotto. Besides Casey Mittelstadt their isn’t much this team has coming. They need help in all areas especially defenseman. They need speed and skill upfront. This team is a mess and it shouldn’t be. I hate to say this but this team had more effort when Nolan was coaching.

It’s not gonna get better anytime soon. It would take a miracle for them to win the lotto. Besides Casey Mittelstadt their isn’t much this team has coming. They need help in all areas especially defenseman. They need speed and skill upfront. This team is a mess and it shouldn’t be. I hate to say this but this team had more effort when Nolan was coaching.

Don’t say that you’ll be crucified

When does eichel say trade my arse

If I’m most teams GM I don’t offer too much for Kane. Definitely not one of my top three prospects. I would trade picks and a couple low end prospects. I would lowball Bots because you have a player who is gonna leave for more money and probably a winning organization anyways at the end of the season. I don’t see them turning this team around quickly. It’s probably gonna be a few more years.

If I’m most teams GM I don’t offer too much for Kane. Definitely not one of my top three prospects. I would trade picks and a couple low end prospects. I would lowball Bots because you have a player who is gonna leave for more money and probably a winning organization anyways at the end of the season. I don’t see them turning this team around quickly. It’s probably gonna be a few more years.

Who got that much time to see if their going to competitive. Wait that’s all I ever done since 1970

Oh stop. It’s only natural to be dissatisfied with this team, but let’s not get all middle earth with the “all is lost” mantra. If you paid attention to what Guhle was doing, you’d see a kid that was following a system he has been accustomed to following. On Jack’s second goal, Guhle was heading hard to the net, just he would do in Rochester. He’s called up to get a taste of the speed here. I’m guessing he’s seen as a future and was given “development” time. He’ll replace McCabe when he’s traded.

Don’t say that you’ll be crucified

When does eichel say trade my arse

I know as much as people hate Nolan they seemed to play hard for him. Last year was the defense and they bring in 3-4 New defenseman and they are worse. Now it seems like the forwards can’t score. They lack speed on this team. I don’t think the Sabres got the memo that the league is going younger with speed and skill not slow and lacking effort. I can see why Montreal got rid of Nathan the guy is a turn over machine. Every year is something with this team. Maybe Pegula should have invested heavily in amateur scouts since it seems like this is a huge part of the Sabres problem.

You mean disappointed with the franchise

Who buying season next year that will be the real? Can’t get excited anymore with the sabres.

If not excited, then faithful. If not faithful, then hopeful. If not hopeful, then all hope is lost and you need a new team.

Been a huge fan since 70, I see no hope here. So sad that can get back to playing hockey. Great fan base getting nothing in return.

I agree. My Aunt is the one that got me hooked. She was in the Sabres booster club for years, had season seats behind the Sabres bench for over two decades. I was watching them in the early 80’s and they had a handful of decent teams but enough is enough. Buffalo fans deserve better and this team the last 5-7 years has been a fan base killer. I just don’t see it getting fixed anytime soon.

I moved away in 89 to Vegas and was a diehard fan since we moved but now that we have the Knights here my allegiance has shifted to the Knights as this is the way hockey should be played. Plus our T-mobile arena is awesome. The energy in this building is great every night.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

I just realized that the next game I have tix for is at home against Jersey.  

I typically do not drink at hockey games. Haven't for years.  (Drinking makes me want to smoke, and you can't go out for a cigarette anymore.)

This one?  Wow.  I don't know what to do.  I may actually drink and light up right in the stands.

Be careful, watching them live might have you wanting to drink the sizzurp (purple drank) then hit Ferry St to pick up some crack. So hard to watch anymore.

Ghule at least showed signs of being a puck moving defensman and was open for passes moving without the puck well. Now if he could teach Risto how to do that and find some guys with speed on wing oh and a goalie the Sabres might have something. Lehner is a mess. Bet he clears waivers... Kane looks like he has given up. Sam actually looked decent except when getting knocked off his skates but the Sabres have no one except Jack who can snipe. Man they need so much help.

Should of traded him instead of Armia

What? Why would you want to ruin Armia?

This is why I choose flights during games.  

I am flying to Milwaukee on Thursday.  I don't even need to.  I'm just going to.

Okay, I chuckled.

Shhhhhhhh......

Guhle.

That could be the tipping point for me.  If they trade their best D prospect, I'm outta here.

I agree. My Aunt is the one that got me hooked. She was in the Sabres booster club for years, had season seats behind the Sabres bench for over two decades. I was watching them in the early 80’s and they had a handful of decent teams but enough is enough. Buffalo fans deserve better and this team the last 5-7 years has been a fan base killer. I just don’t see it getting fixed anytime soon.

I moved away in 89 to Vegas and was a diehard fan since we moved but now that we have the Knights here my allegiance has shifted to the Knights as this is the way hockey should be played. Plus our T-mobile arena is awesome. The energy in this building is great every night.

It's hard to imagine but I can see shifting my allegiance to the Stars.  Woof.

I have come at a point I want Ruff back.   I think the Ideal coach would be Tortorella, bang some heads together.

But Ruff seems more realistic.

Until almost the entire roster is turned over, it won't matter who our coach is.

Highlights of this game for me:

1) Seeing what a bloated out freak Christian Ruuttu has become!  Holy cow! Always hated that guy but I can't believe how different he looks now.

2) Seeing Rayzor in that old photo in front of Sabreland.  I remember be at training camp out there when he was a rookie and was known as "Robert Ray"; got in a big fight with Darcy Loewen and the crowd was going wild.

If not excited, then faithful. If not faithful, then hopeful. If not hopeful, then all hope is lost and you need a new team.

"need a new team" is not how it works.

Sabres for life, as as that is!

:lol:

That's not how it works.  Sure, if there were only one other GM in the league, then that GM could negotiate with Bots' position of weakness in mind.  However, since a GM has to compete with many of the other 29 GMs in the league, it won't matter what Bots' position is.  If a GM lowballs him, then another will happily outbid him ... and another ... and so on ... until a "good" amount is offered.  Supply and demand will dictate his price, not the Sabres' situation.

So, um.... I met a girl. She has never watched a hockey game in her life, and expresses no interest in it. I spent last night hanging out with her, not watching hockey. I have never felt so alive...

All of my obsessions eventually crept onto my wife. If sports didn't exist at all she wouldn't care in the least. They just exist in the background for her. I missed about half a year of Yankees baseball when we first got together. About a season of the sabres too. That said, to this day, any game she has watched with me has gone to OT or extra innings. It's freakish at this point. Every. Single. One.

All of my obsessions eventually crept onto my wife. If sports didn't exist at all she wouldn't care in the least. They just exist in the background for her. I missed about half a year of Yankees baseball when we first got together. About a season of the sabres too. That said, to this day, any game she has watched with me has gone to OT or extra innings. It's freakish at this point. Every. Single. One.

None of my obsessions crept onto my wife.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.