GDT Sabres at Winnipeg 1/5/18 8pm MSG, GR

Brawndo

With all of the USA WJ games going on, I've completely forgotten about the last two Sabres' games.  In both cases, I've come on here and seen the GDT after the game is already over.  Doesn't sound like I missed much.

we are picking 5th ?

He's been listed anywhere from 3rd-7th in the rankings that I've seen, but it is quite possible that we will draft 5th.  There's a very good chance that we end up in the 2nd-lowest spot, so three of the other 13 teams would have to pass us on the three draws.  Rough guess (don't feel like calculating it): 1 in 4 chance that happens.  If we do catch someone else (I don't see the Coyotes catching us), then the chance of drafting 5th goes up.

A day late and a dollar short

so TRUE. What really disturbed me about last night's game is all the missed shots that Eichel had. He must have had about 15 shots and at least half of them missed the net. That's not elite skill, that's frustration setting in.            I know he has been hot of late, but on a losing team (thanks to Terry and Kim Pegula) people get down in the dumps and want to escape the losing as soon as possible. But you wake up in the morning and although you're $80 million richer, you are still a bum because you are on a losing team that has no clue on how to win.  That losing team is going to continue for a long time. I think Eichel signed a deal with the devil.

Edited by Marvelo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.