Sabres at New Jersey Devils 12/29/2017 at 7pm in Prudential Center

jsb

He's learning what it takes to win. Also Casey Mittlestadt is the captain.

Think it's still gotta be Eichel. He's still the franchise.

Lol I was being sarcastic

After watching Mittlestadt play these past 3 games I wouldn't put it past him to be captain. Wouldn't it be nice to have two dominating players that it's hard to choose between them?

After watching Mittlestadt play these past 3 games I wouldn't put it past him to be captain. Wouldn't it be nice to have two dominating players that it's hard to choose between them?

Very exciting prospect these two on the same roster, and another top 5 pick this year hopefully.

Great win, but they got very lucky on that first goal when Scandella gave it away in the slot and kinda just bounced to that Sabre guy.

The Sabres have had some real bad puck luck this season. I don't expect all the bounces to start going their way but they were due for a few. The last several games have seen this.

Also, noticed that RJ is calling a lot of road games this year and Dan is at home a lot. Is RJ on an unannounced farewell tour?

There's nothing saying he can't return as a guest/honorary announcer, should the Sabres make a deep playoff run. Bruce Martyn was the voice of the Red Wings for 30+ years but retired in 1995.  He returned for Game Four of the 1997 Stanley Cup Finals, calling the second period which included Darren McCarty's second-period tally which turned out to be the Cup Winning Goal.  So even if RJ retires, it's entirely possible we haven't heard the last of him.

Edited by Anordning

There's nothing saying he can't return as a guest/honorary announcer, should the Sabres make a deep playoff run. Bruce Martyn was the voice of the Red Wings for 30+ years but retired in 1995.  He returned for Game Four of the Stanley Cup Finals, calling the second period which included Darren McCarty's second-period tally which turned out to be the Cup Winning Goal.  So even if RJ retires, it's entirely possible we haven't heard the last of him.

There is only one guy I want to hear call the Sabres stanley cup final :p

Reread this thread.

I'm reading it for the first time right now.  I had something going on Friday night and didn't get to watch the game.  Saw the highlights, now reading the thread.

Think it's still gotta be Eichel. He's still the franchise.

You couldn't be more wrong.

I'm reading it for the first time right now. I had something going on Friday night and didn't get to watch the game. Saw the highlights, now reading the thread.

You couldn't be more wrong.

I couldn't be more wrong that Eichel is still our franchise player?

We won't agree on that. He is. The captain thing, who knows. But I think it's Jack's.

Edited by Bjorn Borg

You haven't seen Middelstadt in the Blue & Gold for the regular season yet.

I kind of see Casey taking the pressure off Jack and the two of them emerging a dominant players.  Who is the actual C is actually a crap shoot, but if Middelstadt plays the same mature, 200-ft game he's playing at WJC, I could see him getting it.

Let's put it this way. They aren't going to give it to Casey his rookie year, even if he is a Sabre next year. Even his second year would be too soon, generally speaking. They aren't going to wait 3 years to name a captain, and I can't see them naming a temporary captain.

It would be a pretty odd situation to have a guy on his ELC with the captaincy over your newly minted $10 million dollar man (who is now playing up to his contract).

Edited by Bjorn Borg

Obviously their NHL futures remain to be seen, but Jack absolutely dominated his one year of college hockey leading all scorers with 71 points in 40 games and winning the Hobey Baker as a freshman. Casey isn't even at a point per game at Minnesota. Kid is a great prospect, but at this point I don't see Casey being a better prospect than Jack. But, who knows...

Was away and couldn't post, but just dropped in to say- Lehner was the Sabres worst player on the ice this game. The goal where he couldn't cover up the rebound- when it was next to his knee- was the most pathetic example of a type of goal he lets in all the time. Locate the ###### puck and cover it up, dude

Edited by erickompositör72

Obviously their NHL futures remain to be seen, but Jack absolutely dominated his one year of college hockey leading all scorers with 71 points in 40 games and winning the Hobey Baker as a freshman. Casey isn't even at a point per game at Minnesota. Kid is a great prospect, but at this point I don't see Casey being a better prospect than Jack. But, who knows...

Jack was on a loaded BU team that went to the Frozen Four final. Minnesota this year is just meh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.