Bruins HC: Sabres Had No Push

WildCard

You want more topics?? Well, here's a depressing one for you

@MatthewFairburn
#NHLBruins coach Bruce Cassidy on the third period against the #Sabres tonight: "In the third, on the road in a back-to-back, usually a team is going to have a push. I don’t want to be disrespectful, but I don’t know if they had a true sustained push."

@MatthewFairburn
#NHLBruins coach Bruce Cassidy on the third period against the #Sabres tonight: "In the third, on the road in a back-to-back, usually a team is going to have a push. I don’t want to be disrespectful, but I don’t know if they had a true sustained push."

I like it. I wish more coaches would sh*t-talk this team. 

@MatthewFairburn

Classic example of a leadership void.   The Sabres are a rudderless ship. 

They were so busy trying to lose that they didn’t bother to acquire the leadership that needed to be in place and active when our precious children arrived.

They did too try and acquire leadership, they just failed at it. It was one of the massive differences people believed our tank would work when Edmonton's failed. Turns out we also just drafted like Edmonton as well

They were so busy trying to lose that they didn’t bother to acquire the leadership that needed to be in place and active when our precious children arrived.

I still say that they should have signed Gionta to a two year contract this past summer.  Granted he didn't have much left, but in terms of veteran leadership he was all the Sabres had.  That was not replaced.  Pominville was not that guy.

I still say that they should have signed Gionta to a two year contract this past summer.  Granted he didn't have much left, but in terms of veteran leadership he was all the Sabres had.  That was not replaced.  Pominville was not that guy.

I don't think Pominville or Gionta are that guy honestly. You need more of a Joe Thornton

Gionta, Gorges, Moulson, and Legwand were supposed to provide that leadership. Oops.

O'Reilly I think pisses me off the most. He should have seized the "C" in the locker room before this season even began. What an overpaid, underperforming, platitude-spewing headcase this clown turned out to be.

Gionta, Gorges, Moulson, and Legwand were supposed to provide that leadership. Oops.

O'Reilly I think pisses me off the most. He should have seized the "C" in the locker room before this season even began. What an overpaid, underperforming, platitude-spewing headcase this clown turned out to be.

O'Reilly is a massive disappointment this season.   He looks completely out of shape, he's slow, lagging behind the play most nights.    His first couple seasons here he was a determined puck hound, creating chance after chance off the forecheck..    now he looks gassed after 15 seconds, shoulder slumped over, head down trying to catch up to the play from behind like he has sandbags strapped to his legs.  

O'Reilly is a massive disappointment this season.   He looks completely out of shape, he's slow, lagging behind the play most nights.    His first couple seasons here he was a determined puck hound, creating chance after chance off the forecheck..    now he looks gassed after 15 seconds, shoulder slumped over, head down trying to catch up to the play from behind like he has sandbags strapped to his legs.  

Don't forget about the crappy pass through the neutral zone that immediately comes back the other way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.