Prediction time: Who will be the next Sabre to be shipped out?

nfreeman

Burn baby burn  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Sabre to get shipped out (not whom do you want -- whom will JBott unload)?

• Kane
    • ROR
    • Reino
    • Eichel
    • Okposo
    • Larsson
    • Girgensons
    • Risto
    • Bogo
    • McCabe
    • Beaulieu
    • Gorges
    • Lehner
    • Other
  2. 2. Who will be the biggest-name Sabre to be shipped out (again -- what will happen, not what you want to happen)?

• Kane
    • ROR
    • Reino
    • Eichel
    • Okposo
    • Risto
    • Bogo
    • McCabe
    • Lehner
    • Other
  3. 3. Who do you most want them to unload?

• Kane
    • ROR
    • Reino
    • Eichel
    • Okposo
    • Risto
    • Bogo
    • McCabe
    • Gorges
    • Lehner
    • Other

Jack, RoR, Risto and Scandella aren’t going to be traded. You build a team down the middle and on defense. These guys are fine for that purpose.

These future deals are going to have to bring warm bodies back if we aren’t going to elevate the kids in Roch.

You're probably right about ROR and Risto, but I can't say I'd be surprised if either of them gets moved out.

I have a deep, dark fear that Risto is more Bogo 2.0 than he is a #1 defenseman.

I voted Reino, Kane, Lehner in that order. 

Reino and Jack as bicycle buddies with the way are playing irks me. Kane is the the stirrer that mixes the drinks and Lehner cant stop be trusted to stop a shootout or breakaway... 

3 XGMTM guys 

Edited by R_dudly

You're probably right about ROR and Risto, but I can't say I'd be surprised if either of them gets moved out.

I have a deep, dark fear that Risto is more Bogo 2.0 than he is a #1 defenseman.

As long as we trust Botterill's evaluation skills, I don't think we have to worry too much about that. Ristolainen is still a very moveable piece, if Botterill feels he has to. If he keeps him, I'll take that as an endorsement.

Can we really say that Rhino is a Murray guy?

It is very likely that JBOT would have picked him at #2 as well.

I think that both JBOT and Murray, as well as many of us, see Risto as probably a top pairing guy on most teams, but not the #1.

I would be somewhat surprised if either were moved, but with the word out that pretty much anyone could be traded that's why the somewhat.

Very good point. He came here to be part of a growing young team. Opps. My guess is if the right team comes along he’d say yes.

Also possible that he hit hitches his wagon to Jack after the dust settles and looks to captain this team (I think when the dust settles he gets the C) to respectability and perhaps beyond. Got enough years left on that deal...

I voted Reino, Kane, Lehner in that order. 

Reino and Jack as bicycle buddies with the way are playing irks me. Kane is the the stirrer that mixes the drinks and Lehner cant stop be trusted to stop a shootout or breakaway... 

3 XGMTM guys 

So if Kane is simply the "stirrer that mixes the drinks," do you think they can just toss whomever onto Jack's wing and they'll pot 28?

So if Kane is simply the "stirrer that mixes the drinks," do you think they can just toss whomever onto Jack's wing and they'll pot 28?

Of course not. 

I just don't see Jbot paying him with the long term contract that Kane thinks he's worth when the team is still 2-3 years away from truly being more than a 1 and done playoff round contender.

Even if you think Kane might be willing to stay do you take the risk he just says no thanks and wants to test FA and the market price his agent tells him he's worth and risk losing him for nothing. Last I am not sure Kane's reputation and potential influence on the younger players on team (jack, Reino, whoever else is hanging together) is exactly the dynamic they are looking for..     

Girgensons, Kane, ROR.

Zemgus is pretty worthless as a hockey player. He's a pretty "meh" move. Doesn't move the needle, really.

Kane, unfortunately for the sabres, fortunately for him, will go.

ROR is who I want gone. Don't like his press conferences.

Kane is gone as much to get him away from Jack and Sam as the fact he is a FA.

Lehner is gone because Botterill does not want to invest $20 million in him.

ROR is gone because he is a failure as a leader.

All three are gone because they will garner worthwhile returns

All three are gone because Murray picked the wrong personalities to be the core of his team.

Kane is gone as much to get him away from Jack and Sam as the fact he is a FA.

Lehner is gone because Botterill does not want to invest $20 million in him.

ROR is gone because he is a failure as a leader.

All three are gone because they will garner worthwhile returns

All three are gone because Murray picked the wrong personalities to be the core of his team.

To acquire these star players TM gave up the following

Lehner - 1st in 2015 (21st overall - Colin White)

ROR - Zadarov (16th overall in 2013), Grigorenko (12th overall in 2012), Compher (35th overall in 2013) and the 31st pick in 2015 (sent to SJ by Colo - Jeremy Roy)

Kane/Bogo - Myers (12th overall in 2008), Stafford, Armia (16th overall in 2011), Lemieux (31st in 2014) and 25th pick in 2015 (Jack Roslovic)

So if you move these three wonderful acquisitions, how much do we get back?  Does Lehner bring a 1st back?  We'll be lucky if he nets a 3rd in 2019.  ROR?  2 medium prospects? Kane, likely has the most value, a 1st in 2019 and a prospect?  Talk about a complete fail.

To acquire these star players TM gave up the following

Lehner - 1st in 2015 (21st overall - Colin White)

ROR - Zadarov (16th overall in 2013), Grigorenko (12th overall in 2012), Compher (35th overall in 2013) and the 31st pick in 2015 (sent to SJ by Colo - Jeremy Roy)

Kane/Bogo - Myers (12th overall in 2008), Stafford, Armia (16th overall in 2011), Lemieux (31st in 2014) and 25th pick in 2015 (Jack Roslovic)

So if you move these three wonderful acquisitions, how much do we get back?  Does Lehner bring a 1st back?  We'll be lucky if he nets a 3rd in 2019.  ROR?  2 medium prospects? Kane, likely has the most value, a 1st in 2019 and a prospect?  Talk about a complete fail.

Leaving aside where they were drafted, who among the guys GMTM gave up is a quality NHL player?  It looks like Myers, who seems to have settled into a "solid 2nd pairing defenseman" role, is the only one.

Leaving aside where they were drafted, who among the guys GMTM gave up is a quality NHL player? It looks like Myers, who seems to have settled into a "solid 2nd pairing defenseman" role, is the only one.

That is a bunch of BS. The players dumped isn't the issue. It's the depth destroyed by letting go all the prospects and picks. In addition, Armia is a decent bottom 6 forward which we don't have. Also Zadorov is playing decent hockey for the Avs. I think he has 400% more goals then our entire blue line. Compher is a solid NHLer already and look great on Jack's wing . Lemieux, White, Roslovic are all on the verge of being NHL players. Roy is just starting as a pro. Also who knows if we would have drafted White, Roslovic and Roy. Regardless, how much better would our organization look with that much talented stockpiled? We likely have a better NHL team and we'd be in a better position to make changes as we'd have more cap space and a better idea of what are needs are.

Now all we have is a group of highly paid vets in their "prime" who are playing us into 31st. Asset and cap management are the keys to the rebuild and these trades to get these "stars" destroyed both.

Also the point of my post isn't what happened in the past, but asking, since we are now rebuilding the rebuild, if we are going to recover similar assets to what we gave up if we trade these players now. I doubt it. In fact I doubt we get back a third of what we gave up.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

That is a bunch of BS. The players dumped isn't the issue. It's the depth destroyed by letting go all the prospects and picks. In addition, Armia is a decent bottom 6 forward which we don't have. Also Zadorov is playing decent hockey for the Avs. I think he has 400% more goals then our entire blue line. Compher is a solid NHLer already and look great on Jack's wing . Lemieux, White, Roslovic are all on the verge of being NHL players. Roy is just starting as a pro. Also who knows if we would have drafted White, Roslovic and Roy. Regardless, how much better would our organization look with that much talented stockpiled? We likely have a better NHL team and we'd be in a better position to make changes as we'd have more cap space and a better idea of what are needs are.

Now all we have is a group of highly paid vets in their "prime" who are playing us into 31st. Asset and cap management are the keys to the rebuild and these trades to get these "stars" destroyed both.

You can't have 400% of nothing...

Also the point of my post isn't what happened in the past, but asking, since we are now rebuilding the rebuild, if we are going to recover similar assets to what we gave up if we trade these players now. I doubt it. In fact I doubt we get back a third of what we gave up.

. And you left out McNabb who seems to be playing better in Vegas Agree with all the above, though granted expected some trades, the Lehner deal to me was the biggest unecessary give away.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.