Worst Sabres Team Ever?

GASabresIUFAN

Worst Sabres Team Ever!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Sabres Team Ever?

• Yes
    • Probably
    • No, but most disappointing

He shouldn't believe or state that his team is "the worst." That's subjective and an indictable offense for a veteran leader. He has to believe that the Sabres are better than their record shows. He could have said, "It's a shame he has to come to a last place team that is out of the playoffs."

Yes indeed.

He shouldn't believe or state that his team is "the worst." That's subjective and an indictable offense for a veteran leader. He has to believe that the Sabres are better than their record shows. He could have said, "It's a shame he has to come to a last place team that is out of the playoffs."

On the other hand, there are five fingers.

It's going to be a long time before the Sabres see a dollar of mine. It's been a while since they have.

Same here. I really used to look forward to going to games (and that was a long time ago) Now they're an embarrassment and more fans have to vote with their wallets. Not fearing that the team may move if we don't support them. If they continue this #### why would I want to spend hard earned money on them and why would I care if they did move? May as well give my cash to a charity.

I can't say it's the most disappointing team because I saw early on that they were terrible, and I didn't buy what they were selling, the NHL package, for the first time in a decade. 

But this is definitely the worst stretch of years by far to be a Sabres fan. The organization is groping around like a blind man in the dark. It pains me to say that this organization does not belong in the National Hockey League anymore.

Why would a team that came in dead last 2 out of the last 4 years (now 3 out of 5) hire a first-time GM and a first-time coach, after taking a chance on a first-time GM , who put the wrecking ball to the organization?

Favoritism, or The bad old boys network: Housley and Botterill were former Sabres...with little to no credentials on their own...It's a convenient thing to fall back on, former Sabres.  But look up. How many banners does Buffalo have hanging from the ceiling? The ceiling is virtually empty.

It's a sad organization that was once the little city that almost could. Now it's the little city that gets grinded to a pulp.

This makes no sense.

1)  Housley and Botterill had no prior connection to current ownership / management / whatever.  Not even close.  Maybe Rip sharpened their skates a few times.  Botterill was barely even a Sabre.

2)  They have credentials of their own.  It's not exactly unusual to see the AGM and an assistant coach from Stanley Cup finalists get their own gig the following year, is it?  

Edited by Eleven

I can't say it's the most disappointing team because I saw early on that they were terrible, and I didn't buy what they were selling, the NHL package, for the first time in a decade. 

But this is definitely the worst stretch of years by far to be a Sabres fan. The organization is groping around like a blind man in the dark. It pains me to say that this organization does not belong in the National Hockey League anymore.

Why would a team that came in dead last 2 out of the last 4 years (now 3 out of 5) hire a first-time GM and a first-time coach, after taking a chance on a first-time GM , who put the wrecking ball to the organization?

Favoritism, or The bad old boys network: Housley and Botterill were former Sabres...with little to no credentials on their own...It's a convenient thing to fall back on, former Sabres.  But look up. How many banners does Buffalo have hanging from the ceiling? The ceiling is virtually empty.

It's a sad organization that was once the little city that almost could. Now it's the little city that gets grinded to a pulp.

Sadly, we have become those early 80's Leaf clubs that we used to make fun of. (and our point totals are close to those clubs too) What bothers me most is that we have a bonafide star in Jack Eichel and 3 years have gone by  and not even a sniff of playoffs. His tolerance for this will get even less and eventually he'll want to be moved. You can guarantee it. Kind of like Tavares in Long Island. (you know he wants out of there!) I think with each passing season Jack's frustration gets worse.

Sadly, we have become those early 80's Leaf clubs that we used to make fun of. (and our point totals are close to those clubs too) What bothers me most is that we have a bonafide star in Jack Eichel and 3 years have gone by  and not even a sniff of playoffs. His tolerance for this will get even less and eventually he'll want to be moved. You can guarantee it. Kind of like Tavares in Long Island. (you know he wants out of there!) I think with each passing season Jack's frustration gets worse.

I agree, we are not getting any better, just sinking to the bottom time after time.

Sadly, we have become those early 80's Leaf clubs that we used to make fun of. (and our point totals are close to those clubs too) What bothers me most is that we have a bonafide star in Jack Eichel and 3 years have gone by and not even a sniff of playoffs. His tolerance for this will get even less and eventually he'll want to be moved. You can guarantee it. Kind of like Tavares in Long Island. (you know he wants out of there!) I think with each passing season Jack's frustration gets worse.

Well Jack is signed for the next 8 years so... can't be to angry

This makes no sense.

1)  Housley and Botterill had no prior connection to current ownership / management / whatever.  Not even close.  Maybe Rip sharpened their skates a few times.  Botterill was barely even a Sabre.

2)  They have credentials of their own.  It's not exactly unusual to see the AGM and an assistant coach from Stanley Cup finalists get their own gig the following year, is it?  

I don't know why you even bother. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.