GASabresIUFAN

Worst Sabres Team Ever!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Sabres Team Ever?

• Yes
    • Probably
    • No, but most disappointing

Bright spot?  

Colorado Avs finished with 22 wins and 48 pts and only 166 goals for.  (-112 goal differential) They also had a rookie coach.  (The Sabres have 24 wins, 60 pts ytd and 180 goals for)

This season 41 wins already, 90 pts (1pt our of the playoffs) and 241 goals for and a +17.

I didn't like Ryan O'Reilly's post-game interview last night. When they asked him about Mittelstadt, he said it's

a shame he had to go to the worst team in the league. I've had enough of this kind of thing from O'Reilly.

Edited by Marvelo

Yes, this team is not as bad as the 48 point team... still we did not expect them to be this bad... borderline playoff team most folks said... it has been a big disappointment.  The lack of scoring has been frustrating.  I am hopeful with a maturing Mittelstadt and Nylander hopefully with Oloffson and CJ Smith coming, maybe the Sabres can mature.  If they can draft Dhalin and next year have two first rounders with JBOTs eye toward development, this team will be better.  But as of now, it is still gonna be another two years unless some of the young guys take a big step forward next year.  Right now I don't see too many signs of it, though Ghule and Nelson have been nice additions. Sabres have a lot of work to do in the off season before I learn to like their play.

I didn't like Ryan O'Reilly's post-game interview last night. When they asked him about Mittelstadt, he said it's

a shame he had to go to the worst team in the league. I've had enough of this kind of thing from O'Reilly.

Ugh, will someone smack the out of this emo bitch already?

Bright spot?  

Colorado Avs finished with 22 wins and 48 pts and only 166 goals for.  (-112 goal differential) They also had a rookie coach.  (The Sabres have 24 wins, 60 pts ytd and 180 goals for)

This season 41 wins already, 90 pts (1pt our of the playoffs) and 241 goals for and a +17.

Last year was Colorado's 'learning' year.  Let's hope this year was the Sabres 'learning' year.

That said, last year's Colorado team had much more talent than this year's Sabres team.

This season MacKinnon became the star everyone expected him to be.

Is he wrong?

Does his attitude scream: "Part of the solution?"

I think it screams trying to shame his teammates into the appropriate level of game play.

But, yeah, I think he's had his fill of losing and wants to move on.  I don't blame him.  the city has been encouraging it for at least 5 years now.

But, yeah, I think he's had his fill of losing and wants to move on.  I don't blame him.  the city has been encouraging it for at least 5 years now.

Sounds like he's going the way of Christian Ehrhoff....who just retired...and is still owed over $8 million by the Pegulas.

I think it screams trying to shame his teammates into the appropriate level of game play.

His inability to understand the irony inherent in his media routine is nearing Mike Weber levels.  Albeit in different directions.  

I'm ready, JBOTs, move him.

Maybe some guys in the locker room do.

That was my point.

He had/has the opportunity to grow a pair and be a leader. Won't.

The players haven’t listened to the last two coaches. Why would they listen to an alternate captain?

I bet all of his teammates crowd their computers and listen to every locker room interview everyone gives after every game, just itching to be offended or poorly-lead

:lol:

Right. They're definitely not going out to the bars together or playing video games or whatever.

Is he wrong?

He shouldn't believe or state that his team is "the worst." That's subjective and an indictable offense for a veteran leader. He has to believe that the Sabres are better than their record shows. He could have said, "It's a shame he has to come to a last place team that is out of the playoffs."

Edited by PASabreFan

He shouldn't believe or state that his team is "the worst." That's subjective and an indictable offense for a veteran leader. He has to believe that the Sabres are better than their record shows. He could have said, "It's a shame he has to come to a last place team that is out of the playoffs."

A veteran leader wouldn't sugar coat it either.    

I'm sure he believes they have the talent to be better than their record shows, but at the end of the day, the standings don't lie.   Maybe he wanted his teammates within earshot to hear him say it.    He sounds like the only guy on the team that really hates losing... and that's a problem.  (some color this as him being "emo", lol).    Well guess what, hockey is an "emo"tional game... if you're not emotionally invested, then it shows on the ice.

Edited by pi2000

How do you know he hasn't tried?

That was my point.

The players haven’t listened to the last two coaches. Why would they listen to an alternate captain?

Fine, I'll amend it to won't/can't.

I bet all of his teammates crowd their computers and listen to every locker room interview everyone gives after every game, just itching to be offended or poorly-lead

My thing is I don't think whining about all the Emo stuff so we can hear it is a good look one way or the other.  He needs to keep quiet or actually do something. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.