GDT: Sabres at Stars, 8 ET, 11/4/2017

LTS

Eichel has been good. Let me get that out there first.

2 points in his last 5 games has put him below a point-per-game for the season.

I don't think it's a stretch to say we'll need more than that from him next season, when he's a 10 million dollar player.

Edited by Thorny

That was a steaming pile of bloody excrement. It's going to take them weeks to clean those streaks off the ice.

And yet, I'm not sure this quite does justice to just how bad it was.

Housley and his kid brother are in wayyyyy over their heads.

Early returns are not good, that's for sure.

Eichel has been good. Let me get that out there first.

2 points in his last 5 games has put him below a point-per-game for the season.

I don't think it's a stretch to say we'll need more than that from him next season, when he's a 10 million dollar player.

Positive psychology spin: maybe this mini-slump will lead to a line change.

And yet, I'm not sure this quite does justice to just how bad it was.

Early returns are not good, that's for sure.

Positive psychology spin: maybe this mini-slump will lead to a line change.

Definitely. We have to hope that he's doing this while being burdened, and that a line change will help him out a bit.

That body language from him.....that's the stuff of nightmares, though. I thought Halloween was over :/

Housley and his kid brother are in wayyyyy over their heads.

I fear, that you also, are correct sir. The thing I love about Gallant is: No way Matt Moulson gets in a game with Gallant as our coach. Also, he would blister in the locker room after performances like tonight and the Vancouver game. I don;t see that in Phil. Hell, even Torts would wring a few necks with the kind of efforts we are seeing on a too common basis. Sorry, but we need a coach who isn't tolerating ?#### efforts. need to be sat and bring up so,e rookies, how much worse can it get

Exactly. Jay McKee and Rhett Warrener would be totally embarrassed. Those two knew something about tough defense let me tell you !

The Boogeyman as well. Boughner was not the most talented but seeing what I see now, i sure as hell miss him or anyone who plays like he did. Clen the front of the crease please!!! Hit someone for God's sake. Don't make things easy.

Nooooooooooooo. I count on you to tell my I'm full of steaming bloody excrement.

Well, I tried to use the "early returns" as a significant qualifier there :lol:

He's making the exact type of player usage mistakes Bylsma made, Tennyson is his Gorges, and our powerplay is a disaster far beyond what expected regression would allow for. Team possession is a little better relative to the league, but it's hard for me to pinpoint anything that's been impressive with his work thus far. Bylsma had to go, but there isn't an argument to be made right now that Housley has been an upgrade in any meaningful way.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

If a GM believes enough in Reinhart then perhaps he's someone you can tie Bogo or Moulson with as a salary dump. Unlikely but more likely than Kane unless the Sabres will take less for Kane just to clear a salary.

Read a story today that Calgary wanted Reinhart and would give Sam Bennett, who has a cap friendly 2 year bridge deal. So basically it would be a dump of Reinhart so they could afford to resign Kane.

Definitely. We have to hope that he's doing this while being burdened, and that a line change will help him out a bit.

That body language from him.....that's the stuff of nightmares, though. I thought Halloween was over :/

Meh. To me that's like complaining about Miller's WTF wave when the team was crumbling in front of him. Just doesn't do anything for me.

Read a story today that Calgary wanted Reinhart and would give Sam Bennett, who has a cap friendly 2 year bridge deal. So basically it would be a dump of Reinhart so they could afford to resign Kane.

And Reinhart isn't going to get a cap friendly bridge deal? I know it's not technically in place yet, but it's hard to imagine anything else at this point. We'd be downgrading to the worse Sam for no reason whatsoever.

Meh. To me that's like complaining about Miller's WTF wave when the team was crumbling in front of him. Just doesn't do anything for me.

And Reinhart isn't going to get a cap friendly bridge deal? I know it's not technically in place yet, but it's hard to imagine anything else at this point. We'd be downgrading to the worse Sam for no reason whatsoever.

True, but Eichel is the cause of his own misfortunes right now, and I haven't liked his on ice reactions. Purely speculative though.

The play is still going, kid. Put your head down and go get the puck back.

Edited by Thorny

This team ain’t even worth watching. It’s like their going thru the motions. Jack seems like he hardly ever turns it on anymore. I get pissed watching them. Skate hard for Christ sake. Another year of bottom 5-10.

It’s truly pathetic and I don’t know what the answers are?!

Somewhere Bylsma is smiling saying aloud "See, I told ya it wasn't me!" and counting the money.

Yeah no kidding. I thought Disco Dan sucked but this team looks worse than last year. Talk about getting paid and going thru the motions. Skate hard and compete. Doesn’t seem like this squad as it in them. As much as everyone hates on Kane at least he works hard. As much as I like Jack it just looks like he’s going thru the motions. He hardly ever turns it up a notch and he’s not shooting as much as he has in the past.

True, but Eichel is the cause of his own misfortunes right now, and I haven't liked his on ice reactions. Purely speculative though.

The play is still going, kid. Put your head down and go get the puck back.

And he’s suppose to be one of the leaders! I’ve seen it as well. It’s like he got paid and said I can be a point per game guy just going 70% of what I need to do. He’s been a disappointment to me because he can be a dominant player if he wants to crank it up a notch. He does a lot of coasting out there.

Housley holding on to the idea that "we played well" under further questioning. Just......no. So much no.

I thought Phil might be able to fix this but it looks like he’s in way over his head.

I did not see myself siding against Housley this early. I'm pretty flabbergasted he said those things. If he's not lying to the media, and he really thinks we played well and lost because of bad bounces, I'm not sure what else to think.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.