Knights looking to trade Shipachyov

GASabresIUFAN

He signed a two year $9 mil deal to join the knights.  The center is 30.  

Any interest if we can get LV to eat part of the contract for the next two years?  

I am interested to a certain extent. we definitely could use some additional talent up front.  He also might be more comfortable here finding his game in NA with a guy like Antipin to work with.  It's only a 2 year deal and if we can get LV to pick up at least 40% of the deal, his style may actually work better here then with the expansion team.  We certainly could use a 3rd line center, which would allow us to put Sam back at RW where he probably belongs.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

He signed a two year $9 mil deal to join the knights.  The center is 30.  

Any interest if we can get LV to eat part of the contract for the next two years?  

I am interested to a certain extent. we definitely could use some additional talent up front.  He also might be more comfortable here finding his game in NA with a guy like Antipin to work with.  It's only a 2 year deal and if we can get LV to pick up at least 40% of the deal, his style may actually work better here then with the expansion team.  We certainly could use a 3rd line center, which would allow us to put Sam back at RW where he probably belongs.

Kane for Shipachyov and picks?

As a season ticket holder for the Knights and still a Sabres fan you don’t want Shipachyov on Buffalo. I’m hoping some other teams over pays us for what he is. Buffalo needs defense and they need a good swift kick in the ass on offense. Too many lazy players. Believe me watching Ship in practice here in Vegas you don’t want him. Yes he has some skill to him but he was passed by others here for the top 6. I wasn’t a big fan of him. I’m more a fan of Alex Tuch because when both were sent down at the start of the season most knew Tuch had played himself onto this team. You look at the Boston game Tuch was in on the first two goals. He’s a force on the forecheck and tough on the back check. Yes I know it’s only been a handful of games here for the Knights but what I’ve seen is a hard working team. I expect Ship to be moved when the right offer comes. Prospect plus picks is my guess.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

As a season ticket holder for the Knights and still a Sabres fan you don’t want Shipachyov on Buffalo. I’m hoping some other teams over pays us for what he is. Buffalo needs defense and they need a good swift kick in the ass on offense. Too many lazy players. Believe me watching Ship in practice here in Vegas you don’t want him. Yes he has some skill to him but he was passed by others here for the top 6. I wasn’t a big fan of him. I’m more a fan of Alex Tuch because when both were sent down at the start of the season most knew Tuch had played himself onto this team. You look at the Boston game Tuch was in on the first two goals. He’s a force on the forecheck and tough on the back check. Yes I know it’s only been a handful of games here for the Knights but what I’ve seen is a hard working team. I expect Ship to be moved when the right offer comes. Prospect plus picks is my guess.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around a poster with the handle "SabresBillsFan" saying "we" in reference to the LVK.

If I recall, he's from Buffalo but lives in Vegas.

Yes originally from Buffalo but Live in Vegas. Still a Sabres fan but also a Golden Knights Fan when we are not playing Buffalo. Like I said in the post you won't want Ship. I can say this much I don't want him here in Vegas and I don't want him in Buffalo. Not saying he's isn't a decent player but he was outplayed by others to make this squad here in Vegas.  He likes overpassing the puck when he should be shooting and just not overly impressed by him. McPhee has already said that he wants picks and/ or prospects coming back for any roster players.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

only if those picks are vegas' first rounders for the next 3 years.

You think? I'll admit to being concerned with a potential Kane return. If it's a deadline deal I don't see us getting more than a 2nd round pick and a prospect. Perhaps if it's a mid-season deal we get more.

You think? I'll admit to being concerned with a potential Kane return. If it's a deadline deal I don't see us getting more than a 2nd round pick and a prospect. Perhaps if it's a mid-season deal we get more.

I think you are can get a non-lottery 1st rounder at the deadline for Kane. Though I'm reallly leaning to re-signing him and giving him a big contract. 

Yes originally from Buffalo but Live in Vegas. Still a Sabres fan but also a Golden Knights Fan when we are not playing Buffalo. Like I said in the post you won't want Ship. I can say this much I don't want him here in Vegas and I don't want him in Buffalo. Not saying he's isn't a decent player but he was outplayed by others to make this squad here in Vegas.  He likes overpassing the puck when he should be shooting and just not overly impressed by him. McPhee has already said that he wants picks and/ or prospects coming back for any roster players.

At least you have one winning hockey team to cheer for.

LV isn't getting much for Shipachyov.  The talented Russian is already 30, is signed for 9 mil, unproven in the NHL and can't make an expansion roster. They'll be lucky to get a 3rd rd pick.  However, anyone who can put up 70 pts in the KHL is a very good hockey player.  He needs to placed into the right system and team to succeed here.   

LV isn't getting much for Shipachyov. The talented Russian is already 30, is signed for 9 mil, unproven in the NHL and can't make an expansion roster. They'll be lucky to get a 3rd rd pick. However, anyone who can put up 70 pts in the KHL is a very good hockey player. He needs to placed into the right system and team to succeed here.

They will find a desperate team that will take a chance on him.

People questioning his work ethic huh? Pass. We have too many work ethic questions already. I'm sick of players who don't wanna work for it.

How would anyone know if he has work problem? The guy has been over here for ten minutes. Sounds to me like the stereotype of the lazy Russian player. Antipin doesn’t have a work ethic problem. Kane was supposed to be a cancer, and since his initial issues here, he seems to have matured as both a player and a person.

Ship is a pure play maker. We are so devoid of real O talent that this might be a rosk worth taking. Put Kane on his wing, free up Jack and let Kane and Ship overmatch most 3rd lines in the NHL.

Z Jack Pommers

Pouliot/ Bailey ROR Reinhart

Kane Ship Okposo

Pouliot/Bailey Larsson Nolan

How would anyone know if he has work problem? The guy has been over here for ten minutes. Sounds to me like the stereotype of the lazy Russian player. Antipin doesn’t have a work ethic problem. Kane was supposed to be a cancer, and since his initial issues here, he seems to have matured as both a player and a person.

Ship is a pure play maker. We are so devoid of real O talent that this might be a rosk worth taking. Put Kane on his wing, free up Jack and let Kane and Ship overmatch most 3rd lines in the NHL.

Z Jack Pommers

Kane Ship Okposo

That actually on paper works. W/ Rodriques (if he ever gets healthy) & Josefson to slide in for the inevitable injury replacements.

Z Jack Pommers

Kane Ship Okposo

Can your third line make 18 million dollars and have any hope of being under the cap?

Z Jack Pommers

Kane Ship Okposo

Great more playmakers, can he shoot it into the chest of the goalie as well as Reinhart? 

You don't give up assets we don't have for a player we don't need. It should be very concerning that he didn't make a freaking expansion teams roster but he should be on ours? 

Can your third line make 18 million dollars and have any hope of being under the cap?

Valid question for 2018-19, but we have the cap space to take on Ship for this season even if LV doesn't eat some of the deal.  I wouldn't do the deal without LV eating some of the contract.

Great more playmakers, can he shoot it into the chest of the goalie as well as Reinhart? 

You don't give up assets we don't have for a player we don't need. It should be very concerning that he didn't make a freaking expansion teams roster but he should be on ours? 

I thought that was Kane expertise.  I disagree on the need.  Sam is better off on the wing where he can create and score.  Okposo and ROR can score instead of create if we have hte playmakers to get them the puck.  Frankly Jack, Kane and Pommers are our best scorers which is why putting them all on the same line is foolish.  However Sam, ROR and Okposo are also capable scorers, ROR and KO have multple 20 goal + seasons. Wowie wants them to shoot more which also means we can use a pure plamaker to set them up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.