GDT: Red Wings @ Sabres, 7:30 pm ET 10-24-17 NBCSN

Doohickie

Nicely done. Could have been a better game but I think there were some subtle improvements in their game.

They forced Detroit into many icings. Lehner played well.

Detroit hasn't been good in the past stretch of games but it's a game you have to win and they did it.

Nicely done. Could have been a better game but I think there were some subtle improvements in their game.

Detroit hasn't been good in the past stretch of games but it's a game you have to win and they did it.

As a friend of mine loves to say when playing a team that isn't looking good, you gotta win the games you play.

Gritty. Love it. They needed a game like that. 

Hopefully that helped Lehner's confidence and lets him get dialed in. If we're constantly rotating these two we have problems. We need Robin to give us no reason to start Chad. 

Defensive zone play from everyone was very very good. Pouliot in particular had several takeaways at the top of the blue line. 

Now that things have started to settle down and they're plucking monkeys off their back, it's time to get working on our transition again. We have spacing and support issues. Reinhart, ROR, Pominville seem to be the only guys that can create those exciting plays from within 5 feet of the blue line on either side of it. Getting better at our positioning and passing will open things up once we get into the zone and allow for a lot more high quality chances than the endless perimeter play that we see now. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Yep, Yep and Yep.

Maybe just maybe this team is figuring out how to finally play... I do not recall this calm of a Lehner but if it makes a winner I'm all for it... .

I'm wondering if Risto is taking the fan definition of being a shutdown D-man too literally. Dude. Pass the puck to your teammates. I get that sometimes you just need to chip it because you have no other play, but when your whole team is there with you and ready to go, stop just mindlessly giving it to the Detroit defensemen so that they can set up and do what you should have. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Gritty win.

I still hate Kane with Eichel.

But the O'Reilly line was good.

Lehner earned that shutout.

I'm wondering if Risto is taking the fan definition of being a shutdown D-man too literally. Dude. Pass the puck to your teammates. I get that sometimes you just need to chip it because you have no other play, but when your whole team is there with you and ready to go, stop just mindlessly giving it to the Detroit defensemen so that they can set up and do what you should have.

He's too casual.

Gritty. Love it. They needed a game like that. 

Hopefully that helped Lehner's confidence and lets him get dialed in. If we're constantly rotating these two we have problems. We need Robin to give us no reason to start Chad. 

Defensive zone play from everyone was very very good. Pouliot in particular had several takeaways at the top of the blue line. 

Now that things have started to settle down and they're plucking monkeys off their back, it's time to get working on our transition again. We have spacing and support issues. Reinhart, ROR, Pominville seem to be the only guys that can create those exciting plays from within 5 feet of the blue line on either side of it. Getting better at our positioning and passing will open things up once we get into the zone and allow for a lot more high quality chances than the endless perimeter play that we see now. 

Agreed, the trick will be to add the transition game to the effort and movement seen tonight. I worry about them slowing their feet down to try and think faster. They need to keep building and keep this foundation. 

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure these two have played a part in one even strength goal together over the last, like, nine games. Jack & Zemgus did 3 in 4 periods before being broken up.

Phil needs to knock this off. Kane and Eichel do not go together and never have.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.