GDT: Red Wings @ Sabres, 7:30 pm ET 10-24-17 NBCSN

Doohickie

Didn't he win fastest skater at the all star game the year the NHL kisses Detroit ass while snubbing Jack?

At the time of All Star voting Larkin was leading all rookies in scoring and Jack hadn't turned it up yet, remember how he started pretty slow? He didn't surge above a 40 point pace until the new year, while Larkin basically paced for 70 until he got super cold for the last three months IIRC. It was a legitimate selection. 

Anywho, I'm glad to read that we're looking pretty good.

At the time of All Star voting Larkin was leading all rookies in scoring and Jack hadn't turned it up yet, remember how he started pretty slow? He didn't surge above a 40 point pace until the new year, while Larkin basically paced for 70 until he got super cold for the last three months IIRC. It was a legitimate selection.

Anywho, I'm glad to read that we're looking pretty good.

What were their point totals when they announced the selections?

What were their point totals when they announced the selections?

I don't remember exactly when they announced the selections and my numbers are very vague. Looking at it now, at Christmas time Eichel was on pace for a 35 point season and Larkin was on pace for a 60 point season. 

I'd like to see Larkin's numbers since then because he's probably a 35-40 point player since the hot start. A nice player but not someone you can lean on to build a franchise.

Nice period.  The power play looks pretty good; they just need the finish.

Getting there, it looks like the confidence level is going up.

Sabres are evolving, and IMO Coach Housley is a big reason why. Is it possible that his Hall of Fame career has something to do with it?

I think there is a level of respect given without saying just because of Coach Housleys' achievements as a player.

Getting there, it looks like the confidence level is going up.

Sabres are evolving, and IMO Coach Housley is a big reason why. Is it possible that his Hall of Fame career has something to do with it?

I think there is a level of respect given without saying just because of Coach Housleys' achievements as a player.

I mean can you imagine any player on this team trying to talk down to Housley, he can just point his career and shut them up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.