Sabres Trying to Avoid Snap Decision with Reinhart

WildCard

I've never denied Reinhart is a smart player with hockey sense and skill. The issue is when he is hurried and/or played physical. If an opponent gives him time and open ice he will put up points, but for me, that is not the kind of guy you build a winning team on.  

I want guys who dictate the tempo, not ones that try to keep up with it and/or disappear when it gets tough.

Vegas isn't that fast, he might look decent tonight. maybe. 

From Friedman's 31 Thoughts

I found the tidbit about Nylander interesting

5. The trade market tends to be very slow at this time of the season, but I started to hear the name Sam Reinhart last weekend. Reinhart scored his first of the season Sunday, although it took an NHL review a day later to confirm it.

I don’t think it would surprise Sabres fans to hear this, but, after checking around, my sense is Buffalo doesn’t want to do anything rash. It’s a new regime, it’s been five games, and you want to make sure you really know what you’ve got unless something spectacular drops on you. Might be something to watch later in the year. Also with Buffalo, I get the sense people (not just the Sabres) want to see Alex Nylander play. He’s injured at AHL Rochester.

From Friedman's 31 Thoughts

I found the tidbit about Nylander interesting

5. The trade market tends to be very slow at this time of the season, but I started to hear the name Sam Reinhart last weekend. Reinhart scored his first of the season Sunday, although it took an NHL review a day later to confirm it.

I don’t think it would surprise Sabres fans to hear this, but, after checking around, my sense is Buffalo doesn’t want to do anything rash. It’s a new regime, it’s been five games, and you want to make sure you really know what you’ve got unless something spectacular drops on you. Might be something to watch later in the year. Also with Buffalo, I get the sense people (not just the Sabres) want to see Alex Nylander play. He’s injured at AHL Rochester.

One of them is getting traded

At this point, no one is going to give them anything good for Reino or Nylander.

Sure they will. We gets picks or prospects but we’d get good value for both. As I wrote earlier I think we’d get Gslchenyuk plus for Samson.

That said we have nothing up front in real young elite talent besides Jack and then Sam. We have no true LWs besides Kane, who might be traded by year’s end and no young elite RW talent. Why would part with our two youngest and most talented players at those positions. That makes no sense.

Sure they will. We gets picks or prospects but we’d get good value for both. As I wrote earlier I think we’d get Gslchenyuk plus for Samson.

That said we have nothing up front in real young elite talent besides Jack and then Sam. We have no true LWs besides Kane, who might be traded by year’s end and no young elite RW talent. Why would part with our two youngest and most talented players at those positions. That makes no sense.

I suppose I should be more precise:  no one is going to give them a top-10 pick or top-pairing defenseman for either of them.

I suppose I should be more precise:  no one is going to give them a top-10 pick or top-pairing defenseman for either of them.

Which is why it doesn't make sense. We aren't going to get something fantastic so why trade them away instead of trying to develop them this year. 

I think the need at forward is just as pressing

I can understand that, my concern is this Team does not have a top pairing D Man right now. Risto is a mess and he and Scandella are probably a better 2nd pairing. Guhle has the potential to be one, but that is TBD. Borgen and Fitzgerald are not signed to ELCs. The forwards have Mittelstadt, Pu, Asplund and Davidisson as well as Nylander. An argument can be made that D is a much more pressing need

A young potential top pairing D Man has to be coming back

Just won't get that kind of value for Sam, as evidenced by recent trades. The guy has 2 points. Taylor Hall was much better and didn't retrieve a potential top pairing D man.

I would still be open to a Reinhart trade depending on the return. Guy is just not fitting in so far.

Just won't get that kind of value for Sam, as evidenced by recent trades. The guy has 2 points. Taylor Hall was much better and didn't retrieve a potential top pairing D man.

I would still be open to a Reinhart trade depending on the return. Guy is just not fitting in so far.

Nashville and Columbus beg to differ.

lol why would a center not fit in at wing?

My nightmare is that we trade Sam and he is Patrice Bergeron 2.0

Seemed to fit in the last 3 games.

Also this.

Nashville and Columbus beg to differ.

Reinhart isn't anywhere near Johansen.

Seemed to fit in the last 3 games.

Wasn't thrilled with his game. He can screen a goalie, I'll give him that. I'm expecting a lot more from a player of his pedigree, and a player who had 30 assists last year.

He hasn't been near good enough, in my view. A couple goals deflecting off him doesn't change that for me.

lol why would a center not fit in at wing?

My nightmare is that we trade Sam and he is Patrice Bergeron 2.0

Also this.

Why the "lol"?

I meant he's not fitting in because he hasn't been able to contribute much of anything thus far. May not be a great system fit. I'd like to see him turn it around, not trading him yet.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.