GDT: Sabres vs. Devils, Monday 10/9/17 3:00 pm

bob_sauve28

Housley said thatbtoday in his presser.

Housleybsaid today “everybteam is good and have a lot to play for “. And winning is hard in this league. Bylsma may have been a dullard but thisnis on the players especially those brought in to provide leadership like Oreilly and OK.

And look what we're getting from those players? The same old sad sack stuff that we got from them under Bylsma. They're broken. Ryan O'Reilly looks like he's one more loss away from putting a gun in his mouth on live TV.

And look what we're getting from those players? The same old sad sack stuff that we got from them under Bylsma. They're broken. Ryan O'Reilly looks like he's one more loss away from putting a gun in his mouth on live TV.

They are not broken. They are defective. Not fit for the purpose. Again not Bylsmas fault.

Disagree. They can do it. They're talented hockey players.

Let me put it this way. What if ROR is not the true number 2 center but a great number one winger? He would be contributing and perhaps enjoying himself and helping the team. What if OK best days are behind him but would excel at softer minutes on the 3rd line with Pommers? They are all talented or they wouldn’t be in the league. But they have to want to sacrifice and do what it takes to win even if that means contributing innways they didn’t expect. And that goes for Jack. If I were Housley I would tape both hands to his stick to break that habit of thinking he is cutting off passing angles with his reach. His legs will threaten the puck carrier more than the threat of having the pass blocked. Close the gap, threaten the body. It will cause more turnovers and address the floating critique.

I don’t know my expectations weren’t high but they were not this low either.

Let me put it this way. What if ROR is not the true number 2 center but a great number one winger? He would be contributing and perhaps enjoying himself and helping the team. What if OK best days are behind him but would excel at softer minutes on the 3rd line with Pommers? They are all talented or they wouldn’t be in the league. But they have to want to sacrifice and do what it takes to win even if that means contributing innways they didn’t expect. And that goes for Jack. If I were Housley I would tape both hands to his stick to break that habit of thinking he is cutting off passing angles with his reach. His legs will threaten the puck carrier more than the threat of having the pass blocked. Close the gap, threaten the body. It will cause more turnovers and address the floating critique.

I don’t know my expectations weren’t high but they were not this low either.

I agree with this, especially Jack doing a little more with the body.

Just got done watching. Pretty ugly. 

My take was that Jack didn't quit, at least any more than anyone else did. I was honestly surprised to come in here and read that. 

I think my preseason predictions on Beaulieu were correct. 

We'll see what people magic Phil has. To me this is all psychological. If they get a bounce against Price I bet they're 2-1 right now. 

I know as well as anyone that in the heat of the moment emotions run high, but I'm nowhere near as ready as other posters in here to throw in the towel on the season. A decent road trip gets us back to .500. It might be just what they need. 

I'm frustrated now, but will move to upset around game 10, 11, or 12 if things don't get better. 

We couldn't win when all of Okposo, Kane, ROR, Eichel, and Reinhart were firing on all cylinders last year. Right now the only one doing their thing is Evander. This will get better to some degree. We'll see how much. 

Oh, and I bet we have 2 different goalies up here next year.

I was listening in the car today since I was on the road. But when I got home a friend of mine sent me this picture. Did anyone else notice this?

Is this organization just a total disaster or what? It's like amateur hour from the top down.

Thats just embarrassing at this level.

I was listening in the car today since I was on the road. But when I got home a friend of mine sent me this picture. Did anyone else notice this?

Is this organization just a total disaster or what? It's like amateur hour from the top down.

Incredible. I thought I saw that but figured it was my syphilitic, addled brain at work.

Just got done watching. Pretty ugly. 

My take was that Jack didn't quit, at least any more than anyone else did. I was honestly surprised to come in here and read that.

Did you see him stand up after losing the faceoff in his own end and remain there statue-like while the puck went down the ice and never even show up in the frame as the Devils scored? At least Kane hustled back enough to coast into the frame at the very end. Hockey's a weird sport sometimes. Hard to explain to people how the code works. It seems to be acceptable to coast in at least two game situations: to the bench, like Kane and Pominville did on one of the Islanders goals the other night (Islander came out of the box while the Sabres were changing) and on the backcheck when you don't think you can do anything about the initial shot, as if no one has ever heard of a rebound chance. Maddening.

Incredible. I thought I saw that but figured it was my syphilitic, addled brain at work.

Did you see him stand up after losing the faceoff in his own end and remain there statue-like while the puck went down the ice and never even show up in the frame as the Devils scored? At least Kane hustled back enough to coast into the frame at the very end. Hockey's a weird sport sometimes. Hard to explain to people how the code works. It seems to be acceptable to coast in at least two game situations: to the bench, like Kane and Pominville did on one of the Islanders goals the other night (Islander came out of the box while the Sabres were changing) and on the backcheck when you don't think you can do anything about the initial shot, as if no one has ever heard of a rebound chance. Maddening.

I did not - I'll chalk it up to the fact that I was grading papers by the halfway point. 

Did I enter a time warp over the summer... you're a professor already? Maybe you or Neil Degrasse Tyson can explain this.

He's a doctoral candidate & getting to f### w/ undergrads who don't give 2 squats about physics is just one of the perks of the job. :unsure:

:lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.