Sabres Lost Point Countdown: -1!!!! (Max 93)

MattPie

This is getting ugly quite fast huh ?

Indeed, the math is nearly insurmountable at this point. The numbers say they need to play at a 110-point place for the rest of the season. The 06-07 President's Cup team had 113 points for the season.

Edited by MattPie

Indeed, the math is nearly insurmountable at this point. The numbers say they need to play at a 110-point place for the rest of the season. The 06-07 President's Cup team had 113 points for the season.

114 now, with another Pens game tonight. Remember how 06-07 felt and you went into every game thinking they were gonna win? That's the team the Sabres need to be just to get to 94 points this year.

Too Soon? :)

How this thread works:

Last year coming out of the All-star break, the Sabres had 60 points and 22 games remaining. Working on assumption that 93 points is roughly where the playoff bubble sits at the end of the season, the Sabres needed 33 of 44 available points to have a reasonable shot at the playoffs. Starting out the year, there are 164 points available minus 94 points (I'm moving the bubble up a point) == 70 points that can be lost before making the playoffs becomes rather unlikely. I wasn't really going to update it all season, but why not.

Might as well start calculating paces and records. After game #26 on 12/01:

Team points: 16

Games Played: 26

Points per game to reach 94 points: 1.393

Season points at that pace: 114

Record per 10: 7-3-0, 6-2-2, 5-1-4, 4-0-6

Win streak to get back to 94-point pace: 16.1 games

Team Points: 22 (!!!)

Games Played: 31

Points per game to reach 94 points: 1.412

Season Points at that pace: 116

Record per 10: 7-3-0, 6-2-2, 5-1-4, 4-0-6

Win streak to get back to 94-point pace: 15.9

I enjoy it too. It quells the people that say, "we just need to string a few wins together and we're right back in it". I suppose they're right if "a few" is defined as "all the games until the all-star break".

We just need to string a few sixteen wins together and we're right back in it.

Points per game to reach docking bay 94

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is the lost point countdown at now?

I was thinking earlier today that I hadn't updated this in awhile. I haven't done it in so long I need to figure out how to do the math again. I should really write it down at some point.

HALFWAY POINT EXTRAVAGANZA!

How this thread works:

Last year coming out of the All-star break, the Sabres had 60 points and 22 games remaining. Working on assumption that 93 points is roughly where the playoff bubble sits at the end of the season, the Sabres needed 33 of 44 available points to have a reasonable shot at the playoffs. Starting out the year, there are 164 points available minus 94 points (I'm moving the bubble up a point) == 70 points that can be lost before making the playoffs becomes rather unlikely. I wasn't really going to update it all season, but why not.

Might as well start calculating paces and records. After game #41 on 1/5:

Team Points: 29

Games Played: 41 (RJ-voice: HALFWAY THROUGH THE SEASON!)

Points per game to reach 94 points: 1.585

Season Points at that pace: 130 (!!!!)

Record per 10: 8-2-0, 7-1-2, 6-0-4

Win streak to get back to 94-point pace: 21 games (!!)

Hope isn't lost, folks, all the Sabres need to do is win-out the next 1/4 of the season, and they'll be right on the playoff bubble!

Games Played: 49

Points per game to reach 94: 1.727

Season Points at that pace: 142 (example record: 67-7-8)

Record per 10: 9-1-0, 8-1-1, 7-0-3

Win Streak to get back to 94-point pace: 22 games. Note that if I had done the math Monday it would have been a 25-game win streak. :)

There are 33 games remaining in the season, the Sabres only need to go something like 28-4-1 for the remainder to hit 94 points.

Edited by MattiPaj

I was thinking earlier today that I hadn't updated this in awhile. I haven't done it in so long I need to figure out how to do the math again. I should really write it down at some point.

Win Streak to get back to 94-point pace: 22 games. Note that if I had done the math Monday it would have been a 25-game win streak. :)

There are 33 games remaining in the season, the Sabres only need to go something like 28-4-1 for the remainder to hit 94 points.

We can do it

So you're saying there's a chance...

• 3 weeks later...

All-Star Weekend! The Sabres are only 23 points last year's team!

How this thread works:

The All-Star break!

Precipice extravaganza!!!

I wasn't going to update, but the math is really easy now:

Games played: 57

Games remaining: 25

Win Streak to get back to 94-point pace: 25 games.

Points per game to reach 94: 2
Season Points at that pace: 164 (82-0-0)
Record per 10: 10-0-0

So you're sayin' there's a chance.

I love this.

It also makes me sad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.