GDT: NYI @ Buffalo, 9/29/2017, MSG 7pm

LGR4GM

Fair points and I hope you guys are right.

Time to trade Moulson and a third to Vegas for a sixth?

Would prefer them to get a fifth of Jack in that scenario, but sure, why not. ;)

Actually, would be surprised to see him traded this off-season. They aren't going to try to use his $5MM elsewhere in all likelihood & doubt anybody at this point is trying to get to the salary floor. Would expect to see a trade similar to what you propose in June.

Would prefer them to get a fifth of Jack in that scenario, but sure, why not. ;)

Actually, would be surprised to see him traded this off-season. They aren't going to try to use his $5MM elsewhere in all likelihood & doubt anybody at this point is trying to get to the salary floor. Would expect to see a trade similar to what you propose in June.

Yeah that's probably right.

I think you guys got it backwards: Pouliot and Bailey are on the team as of this moment.

It's Griffith and Moulson who are do or die tonight.

I'm not sure what to think of the D: if Goloubef, Fedun and Tennyson are still in the mix, then why aren't they playing?

Even if Scandella and McCabe aren't around to start the season, it's not like all three of those guys are going to make the team.

I never thought Pouliot would be in danger of being waived/sent down but I'm curious to know whose gonna drop if Bailey makes the team out of camp.

Is it really possible that Mouslon gets waived? That'd be a hell of a message being sent by HCPH and I'm all for it although I doubt that happens.

We have to cut 2 of Pouliot, Bailey, Mouslon, Nolan, D-Lo and Griffith, right? My thoughts are that they send down Griffith and Bailey and don't call them up until the injury carousel starts to pick up steam.

I'm also curious to see what JBot does with Nolan and D-Lo. Is Nicks' time up?

I never thought Pouliot would be in danger of being waived/sent down but I'm curious to know whose gonna drop if Bailey makes the team out of camp.

Is it really possible that Mouslon gets waived? That'd be a hell of a message being sent by HCPH and I'm all for it although I doubt that happens.

We have to cut 2 of Pouliot, Bailey, Mouslon, Nolan, D-Lo and Griffith, right? My thoughts are that they send down Griffith and Bailey and don't call them up until the injury carousel starts to pick up steam.

I'm also curious to see what JBot does with Nolan and D-Lo. Is Nicks' time up?

I think Deslauriers saved his hide on Wednesday.

Idk, Griffith might make this thing

Does he have to be placed on waivers to be sent down?  I think the waiver thing is going to ultimately decide a lot of fates.

We can keep 23.

Bailey and Antipin (and Jack and Sam) are the only guys left who don't have to clear waivers.

Up front they will keep 13 or 14.

Ryan Kyle Evander Sam Jack Jason Zemgus Pouliot and Larry have spots.

I would be surprised if Josefson and Nolan aren't on the team as well

That leaves two or three spots for Bailey, Griffith, Moulson and DLo.

Sending Bailey down would be the safe move.

Edited by dudacek

We can keep 23.

Bailey and Antipin (and Jack and Sam) are the only guys left who don't have to clear waivers.

Yeah, that's what it's going to come down to for Bailey.  

We can keep 23.

Sending Moulson &/or Deslauriers would be the smart move. ;)

Sending Moulson &/or Deslauriers would be the smart move. ;)

I'm gonna read too much into it, but I really think that whatever Botterill decides is going to make a statement.

Same with what happens to Gorges.

It will factor into the psychology of the team and should be made with that in mind.

I'm gonna read too much into it, but I really think that whatever Botterill decides is going to make a statement.

Same with what happens to Gorges.

It will factor into the psychology of the team and should be made with that in mind.

Ideally, Deslauriers would be going down to Ra-cha-cha unless Housley REALLY liked his work on the PK. So, he should be sent down.

Don't want to see Moulson in the top 12 if all are healthy. He doesn't belong on the top PP & won't score enough on the 2nd unit to justify 2-3 ES 4th line shifts/ period. Due to his status as a former top line vet, would like to see Housley offer him the choice of pressbox or Ra-cha-cha. Give Griffith whichever Moulson doesn't choose.

& let Pouliot, Nolan, & Bailey (& Larsson if he's on a wing) all know they are on short leashes so they'd better bust their butts or get used to "suiting up" on game nights.

Edited by Taro T

Ideally, Deslauriers would be going down to Ra-cha-cha unless Housley REALLY liked his work on the PK. So, he should be sent down.

Don't want to see Moulson in the top 12 if all are healthy. He doesn't belong on the top PP & won't score enough on the 2nd unit to justify 2-3 ES 4th line shifts/ period. Due to his status as a former top line vet, would like to see Housley offer him the choice of pressbox or Ra-cha-cha. Give Griffith whichever Moulson doesn't choose.

& let Pouliot, Nolan, & Bailey (& Larsson if he's on a wing) all know they are on short leashes so they'd better bust their butts or get used to "suiting up" on game nights.

I'd add Josefson to the short-leashers, but that's pretty much where I am, without insight into the dressing room.

Here's the two scenarios I'm wondering about:

1) Do the players generally think Moulson and Gorges and Delo deserve roster spots over Bailey and Griffith and Antipin?

2) What sends a better message to the prospects: keeping Bailey up or sending Bailey down?

Edited by dudacek

There is also the possibility that the best spot for Griffith is the AHL, since he usually lights it up there, and Botterill is clearly committed to a winning culture for Rochester. Would it be possible to get him to Rochester without him being claimed on waivers?

I think Griffith gets sent back, along with Falk, Fedun, Goloubef, and Tennyson. If given a choice, I think Moulson and Gorges choose to stay in the Buffalo press-box in the hope that they'll get a shot once injuries start to pop up, rather than head to Rochester. Not sure what they'll do with D-Lo. Perhaps they'll scratch him too, rather then send him down.

Kane - Eichel - Pominville

Girgensons - O'Reilly - Okposo

Pouliot - Reinhart - Bailey

Josefson - Larsson - Nolan

Scandella - Ristolainen

McCabe - Bogosian

Beaulieu - Antipin

Lehner

Johnson

Scratches - Deslauriers, Moulson, Gorges

If McCabe (or Scandella :/) isn't able to go for game 1, perhaps they keep a different D man up instead of Gorges.

I think even a fifth of Eichel is worth more than an entire Moulson

There is also the possibility that the best spot for Griffith is the AHL, since he usually lights it up there, and Botterill is clearly committed to a winning culture for Rochester. Would it be possible to get him to Rochester without him being claimed on waivers?

I think Griffith gets sent back, along with Falk, Fedun, Goloubef, and Tennyson. If given a choice, I think Moulson and Gorges choose to stay in the Buffalo press-box in the hope that they'll get a shot once injuries start to pop up, rather than head to Rochester. Not sure what they'll do with D-Lo. Perhaps they'll scratch him too, rather then send him down.

Kane - Eichel - Pominville

Girgensons - O'Reilly - Okposo

Pouliot - Reinhart - Bailey

Josefson - Larsson - Nolan

Scandella - Ristolainen

McCabe - Bogosian

Beaulieu - Antipin

Lehner

Johnson

Scratches - Deslauriers, Moulson, Gorges

If McCabe (or Scandella :/) isn't able to go for game 1, perhaps they keep a different D man up instead of Gorges.

Does Griffith have to go through waivers to get to the AHL? If so I think he'll definitely start the season in Buffalo and be sent down if he doesn't perform.

I'd add Josefson to the short-leashers, but that's pretty much where I am, without insight into the dressing room.

Here's the two scenarios I'm wondering about:

1) Do the players generally think Moulson and Gorges and Delo deserve roster spots over Bailey and Griffith and Antipin?

2) What sends a better message to the prospects: keeping Bailey up or sending Bailey down?

I think Antipin is an NHL or KHL deal.  If he is sent down he goes back to Russia.  I remember that being tossed about earlier this offseason. 

there's a guy here with a red signed Quebec grigorenko jersey... I'm not alone!

:lol:

Last time

My rough line estimate guess

#Sabres lines at morning skate:

Kane-Eichel-Pominville

Girgensons-ROR-Okposo

Pouliot-Reinhart-Bailey

Moulson-Griffith-Nolan

Deslauriers-Josefson-Larsson

On defense:

Scandella-Risto

Beaulieu-Bogosian

Antipin-Fedun

Gorges-Tennyson

Falk-Goloubef

Fun Goalie stats for preseason

Buffalo Sabres Stats‏ @SabresStats now

More

#Sabres Preseason Save %

1. Ullmark (43/45) - .956

2. Lehner (44/48) - .917

3. Johnson (45/51) - .882

4. Wilcox (10/12) - .833

I look at our top 9 and I can't help but feel like we're missing something. I don't know what it is, but it just feels incomplete. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.