GDT: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, Sept. 27, 2017, 7pm, ON TELEVISION! MSG.

Eleven

Hmmm that's interesting, kinda wish I'd seen the game last night now.

Ā 

Curious why you think line matchups don't matter though

Ā 

I don't think all strategies work, and as Taro says, it could have been the work of Pittsburgh, but last year the Sabres 4th line was rarely on the ice against top lines, last year the Sabres were able to have either the Larsson line or the O'Reilly line on both Malkin and Crosby.

I'll try to get a ten game sample size throughout this season if you guys want, to compare our transition numbers to last year. I'll probably skew towards games in the second half to give this team time to become itself.

Start with game 3-13. Bet even that early we start seeing a massive shift

Zemgus - RoR - Okposo

? - Eichel - Pommers

Kane - Reinhart - ?

Idk who goes with Eichel but Griffith with Reinhart.

I don't think all strategies work, and as Taro says, it could have been the work of Pittsburgh, but last year the Sabres 4th line was rarely on the ice against top lines, last year the Sabres were able to have either the Larsson line or the O'Reilly line on both Malkin and Crosby.

It probably was Sullivan dictating the matchups, but Housley was at least ok w/ them as he wasn't giving guys 15 second shifts to get back to whatever his preferred matchups were.

Ā 

Being able to have the 4th line out against Malkin and not spend 90 seconds in their own end is a huge improvement over last season. If that could hold thoughout the season, Housley will have some flexibility in dictating matchups.

Why I'm not convinced Taro is that Pittsburgh doesn't have motivation to get Malkin against Larsson, I'm guessing they would love to have Malkin against Reinhart.

Ā 

My point here is that last night I was thinking that last years strategy was to get Larsson against the opponents best players, and play 4th against 4th. This year they may still want to get Larsson against the best players, and have Reinhart play against the other teams 4th.

Ā 

This diagram looks reversed left-right.

Somebody on twitter said something to the effect that Housley has them doing pushups as punishment for missed shots in practice.Ā 

Ā 

Correct but a post does not count as a miss.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.