GDT: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, Sept. 27, 2017, 7pm, ON TELEVISION! MSG.

Eleven

I like the resilience of this time. I think Jack is trying to do way to much. He needs to simplify.

Reinhart looked okay at center but he wasn't really good and we need good.

Pouliot was meh.

Zemgus... not quite the destroyer but on his way.

Agreed. I need more from Reinhart. 

Shots were 42-27 in our favor.

People who've been able to watch consistently, is Antipin in this top 6?

Absolutely. I think he might look "slow" at the beginning of the season as he learns to process at this level in an NHL rink. Otherwise, he looked like a natural fit in Housley's system.

I like the resilience of this time. I think Jack is trying to do way to much. He needs to simplify.

Reinhart looked okay at center but he wasn't really good and we need good.

Pouliot was meh.

Zemgus... not quite the destroyer but on his way.

To the bolded: maybe we should expect that, given he's playing for a contract, now.

On Reinhart: I thought he looked good.

I might have mentioned it previously, but Josefson (yay, I got it right!) was particularly interesting tonight. Dude has wheels. That works well with what Housely is doing... might just have been an astute pickup.

Missed it by an "s" :p

Thoughts:

- I love the O'Reilly line. It just seems to click.

- Still looking for a little more chemistry from the Eichel/Kane combo. I think Pommer's vet savvy will work well with Eichel. Once all three are clicking, this will be a lethal offensive attack.

- Agree with everyone's remarks on Josefson and Larsson 

- It's clear that this group of defensemen fit Housley's system when it comes to traits. I think the first portion of the year will feature a noticeable amount of frustrating 2 on 1 goals from counter attacks by the opposition while this team learns to cover for each other and improve in transition. 

Nothing earth-shattering from me, just thought I would put it out there. Go Sabres!

Thoughts:

- I love the O'Reilly line. It just seems to click.

- Still looking for a little more chemistry from the Eichel/Kane combo. I think Pommer's vet savvy will work well with Eichel. Once all three are clicking, this will be a lethal offensive attack.

- Agree with everyone's remarks on Josefson and Larsson

- It's clear that this group of defensemen fit Housley's system when it comes to traits. I think the first portion of the year will feature a noticeable amount of frustrating 2 on 1 goals from counter attacks by the opposition while this team learns to cover for each other and improve in transition.

Nothing earth-shattering from me, just thought I would put it out there. Go Sabres!

This all seems about right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.