• Over
    • Under
  2. 2. Will Jack Eichel have more or less than 46.5assists

• Over
    • Under
  3. 3. Will Jack Eichel have more or less than 82.5points

• Over
    • Under

Consider it an act of charity. Once that bum Eichel is shamed into retirement he's going to need something to do with all that time on his hands and since Mittelstadt (pbuh - am I doing that right, NS?) will already be busy defeating ISIS and North Korea, brokering peace in the Middle East, curing AIDS, plus hand weaving Donald Trump a new hair piece, all while playing hockey like he's the love child of Gretzky and Gordie Howe, he can show Eichel enough compassion to allow him to shine his shoes and serve him breakfast in bed.

giphy.gif

Under across the board. Leaving Jack with a great, breakout season of 80 Games, 34 Goals, 46 Assists, and 80 Points. He's a point a game player and top 10 league scorer.

I think the over unders here are a tad high, honestly.

Nonetheless, good thread Liger.

do i need to set the over higher?

Hah, just saw this :lol:

Anything less than 80 points for him is a failure

I would say it's a failure if Jack gets under 70, not 80.

Getting over 70 from an ELC indicates a special player. Jack paced for 77 last year. I would take a slight decrease from that pace assuming other areas of his game grow.

Agree with Flagg, here. There are so many variables. If he gets 70 or more, he racking up points.

I think hitting 80 points qualifies as a success, not merely meeting expectations (although, if success is the expectation, then ...?).

Anyhoo. I think he'll be right around that 80-point mark. I also think he'll miss 5-7 games here or there. So, I'm thinking he'll be a PPG+ player with 80 points.

Amen.

Great minds...

If Jack gets less than 80 points this year, I will be disappointed.

I can't imagine what everyone who wants to pay him $10 million will think.

That I'm perfectly good with 79 points in 78 games, or whatever it is he gets. I pay that man.

I'm less stuck on a fixed number.

If he gets 80 points, but only plays 74 games, then he'd have projected to 88 points over 82 games, which I think would be a success in most people's eyes.

80 points, no matter what the games, I'd say is a large success.

Edited by Thorny

7 players hit > 80 points last season, so it's not the modern NHL prohibiting it

Tavares did it his 3rd season

Stamkos was regularly putting up 90 points after his second season

Seguin did it in his 4th season, 1st full one with Dallas (i.e. when he was actually given a chance)

Patrick Kane did it his 3rd season

Keep in mind Eichel was rated higher than any of these guys, outside of maybe Tavares, when he was drafted. He's thus far proven he can be that guy. He has a coach that will open it up, a better supporting cast now, and is more mature and experienced.

I don't want a very good season for just any player. What I want, and what I think we should expect, is an elite season from an elite player. And that means 80+ points

Edited by WildCard

7 players hit > 80 points last season, so it's not the modern NHL prohibiting it

Seguin did it in his 4th season, 1st full one with Dallas (i.e. when he was actually given a chance)

Keep in mind Eichel was rated higher than any of these guys, outside of maybe Tavares, when he was drafted. He's thus far proven he can be that guy. He has a coach that will open it up, a better supporting cast now, and is more mature and experienced.

I don't want a very good season for just any player. What I want, and what I think we should expect, is an elite season from an elite player. And that means 80+ points

Good post.

Weren't the scoring rates league wide much different when most of those guys were putting up those numbers?

But, like you said, 7 hit the 80 point mark last year. So it's achievable. But when so few did it, I'm not going to be disappointed if he doesn't get to 80 at 20/21, given that there are numerous factors that could prohibit it.

Let's see how the team looks as a whole, first.

Edited by Thorny

Weren't the scoring rates league wide much different when most of those guys were putting up those numbers?

But, like you said, 7 hit the 80 point mark last year. So it's achievable. But when so few did it, I'm not going to be disappointed if he doesn't get to 80 at 20/21, given that there are numerous factors that could prohibit it.

Let's see how the team looks as a whole, first.

Looking at the players WC used, 

Tavares was tied for 7th when he did that in his third year. The top guys were a little higher (sorta, only 3 had over 90 in 11-12) and Malkin had 109, but that is in line with what WC is asking of Eichel. 

Stamkos's saw 51 G and 95 points in season 2 (good for 5th in the NHL when 4 ppl had over 100), was 5th again with 45-91 in his third year, and was 2nd with 60 G and 97 points in his fourth. So after season one he spent the next few years consistently top 5 peaking at 2. 

Tyler Seguin really broke out, like WC said, his 4th season (21 year old season) with 84 points, he finished 4th in the league in scoring.

Kane had over 70 points his first and second years, but finished 32nd and 40th in the league, but when he broke out in his third year for 88 points he jumped to 9th. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.