Marty Biron joins broadcast team

That Aud Smell

Will he be included in the actual live action calls of the games or is it a studio role?  Ray needs to be in a more minimized role.  He's better suited for being the third guy like he originally was when he joined up with them.  That's not to say that he's a fit for that role either, but he's better off there than doing color.

Will he be included in the actual live action calls of the games or is it a studio role?  Ray needs to be in a more minimized role.  He's better suited for being the third guy like he originally was when he joined up with them.  That's not to say that he's a fit for that role either, but he's better off there than doing color.

Can you imagine Marty doing color?  RJ wouldn't get a word in.

Now, Marty doing play-by-play AND color, that, I could get behind.  Basically a 2.5 hour monologue with that accent.

Edited by Eleven

Dunleavy's canadian accent bothers me too.   Accents never bothered me before, but as I get older it's become more and more difficult to listen to.   Spent the first 25 years of my life in Buffalo and I had a thick WNY accent, but it's gone now (at least to my ears it is).    Anyway, I think it might have to do with all the western european/australian news anchors and talk show hosts on american television now a days... i mean, go work in your own country right?   The Sabres should have american tv and radio crew...  it's complaint thursday right?

Dunleavy calling goals like it is a Soccer match drives me insane. He needs to work on his inflection as well. I am not a fan.

I listened to hockey talk on WGR several times over the past few months, and, to my dismay, Marty's banter started to grate on me.

The irritation started when I concluded that he had not said anything of interest or substance for a solid hour-long segment. Maybe he was just having a bad day, though.

Now, Marty doing play-by-play AND color, that, I could get behind.  Basically a 2.5 hour monologue with that accent.

You're being sarcastic right, amirite??? 2 1/2 hours of listening to M.Biron would have me dropping my gamecenter live account

I listened to hockey talk on WGR several times over the past few months, and, to my dismay, Marty's banter started to grate on me.

The irritation started when I concluded that he had not said anything of interest or substance for a solid hour-long segment. Maybe he was just having a bad day, though.

I am noticing a bit of this as well.

You're being sarcastic right, amirite??? 2 1/2 hours of listening to M.Biron would have me dropping my gamecenter live account

Yes.

I'll listen to anything if it means I never have to hear the word "seen" misused by Ray ever again.

Could not find a natural/good spot for this:

OFFICIAL: @martybiron43 is joining the Sabres broadcast team! Just announced on @TheInstigators. Tune in for more, MSG & @WGR550.

oh God no...... that accent ugh, like nails on a chalkboard.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.