Duchene to Sabres?

sweetlou

Okposo is a very different player from Moulson and there is no comparison. I suppose since they both came from the Islanders it seems valid but Okposo has always been underrated and Moulson overrated. Moulson is a soft fair weather player who benefited from playing with a greater playmaker one season. Okposo is a solid winger who gets good and dirty goals no matter who he plays with. Unless there is some hidden issues with that whole brain thing Okposo will be a solid 20-30 goal scorer for several more years.

Moulson? What's he done besides babysit Jack. 

Okposo is a very different player from Moulson and there is no comparison. I suppose since they both came from the Islanders it seems valid but Okposo has always been underrated and Moulson overrated. Moulson is a soft fair weather player who benefited from playing with a greater playmaker one season. Okposo is a solid winger who gets good and dirty goals no matter who he plays with. Unless there is some hidden issues with that whole brain thing Okposo will be a solid 20-30 goal scorer for several more years.

Moulson? What's he done besides babysit Jack.

Moukson broke the 30 goal threshold 3 times in his career. Okposo never has. Moulson is 33 and way past his prime. Okposo is 29 and will soon be passing his. It's inevitable.

“It’s interesting with Duchene,” said Friedman. “I think there were times that I thought he got pretty close to being traded, then Colorado pulled back. I know there was a conversation after July 1 last year where they told Duchene through his agent, Pat Brisson, that he should expect the possibility of coming back to Colorado next year and starting the year there.

“I get the sense there have been some renewed efforts to try to trade him. I think Columbus is very much in there. I think they were a team that very aggressively tried to close the deal right around the beginning of July last year and didn’t do so.

“I know there are some teams who have felt that Colorado is being especially stubborn on what they wanted. I think the Avalanche look at it like, ‘Hey, we made a deal with Ryan O’Reilly that didn’t turn out as great as we hoped and we have to make sure we get this right.’

“I know that Colorado has also been looking young, young, young. They’ve really wanted young players in exchange for Duchene, guys that were controllable for a long time.

“I haven’t asked Carolina about it, but there have been rumors that they potentially talked maybe Justin Faulk with Colorado. They were concerned about Duchene only having two more years, but I don’t think Colroado was that interested in Faulk. They wanted a younger player, like a Slavin – who they’re not going to deal, Carolina won’t do that – or a Hanifin, who I don’t think Carolina want to do. But that’s what I think Colorado was looking for.

“I think you’re seeing probably some renewed efforts right now for Colorado to make the deal. But I still think they look at it like, ‘We need to get what we want before we make this trade.’ But I wouldn’t be surprised if the Avalanche have stepped up their efforts.

“Although people are wondering, ‘Does that mean Duchene won’t report if camp starts and he still hasn’t been traded yet.’ I think that’s too early to say. I don’t know if I believe that’s the case yet.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/avalanche/friedman-think-columbus-much-duchene/

TSN today was talking about Duchene not reporting and forcing a trade. He is apparently fed up with how long this is taking so Colorado will find the price dropping. Thus, it is the perfect time to make them a solid offer and snap him up. At this moment, Nashville and Columbus are apparently making serious efforts to get him. 

TSN today was talking about Duchene not reporting and forcing a trade. He is apparently fed up with how long this is taking so Colorado will find the price dropping. Thus, it is the perfect time to make them a solid offer and snap him up. At this moment, Nashville and Columbus are apparently making serious efforts to get him. 

What is a solid offer you would trade for Duchene?

“It seems like we’ve been following this story now for more than months – like well over a year,” said Dreger. “It’s going to happen. The question is is it today, is it tomorrow, is it next week. But the belief is from both Matt Duchene and from the Colorado Avalanche that they are going to find something. Then again, the follow-up is who. Who’s most likely. Is it Nashville. Is Montreal as interested as some think. What about the Columbus Blue Jackets.

“Initially, Joe Sakic was looking for a young, left-shot D. And I don’t know that he’s softened off of that position entirely, but obviously there wasn’t a team willing to give up that part of the ask, otherwise Matt Duchene would have moved on – probably around draft time – and we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

“When you look at the Avalanche blueline, they just need help. Left shot, right shot, it shouldn’t really matter. Sakic just needs to bring in a good body, and he’s going to get that in return for Duchene.

“Pat Brisson still seems fairly confident that something is going to happen in the very near future. So we’ll see.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/avalanche/dreger-duchene-trade-inevitable/

“I think it’s pretty clear he wants to be traded and I think they want to make the deal, but Colorado is sitting here and their asks have been very high,” began Friedman. “They’re sitting there and saying, ‘We’re not giving away a guy who scored 30 goals the past couple of years.’

“I think Columbus has been pretty aggressive. I think they’re a team that would really like to do this. Columbus is all-in this year. But Colorado is saying, ‘If we don’t get our price, we’re not going to do it.’

“The one thing I always believe – there’s a guy I follow on Twitter, his name is Andrew Brant. He used to work in the NFL. He was an agent. He was a Green Bay Packers executive. He has a saying that deadlines spur action. I don’t think that the opening of training camp is a deadline per se, but I think what it does do is it creates an energy for people to try to get something done. I think in the next week you will see some real efforts to try to get it done.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/avalanche/friedman-duchene-think-columbus-pretty-aggressive/

you would seriously trade a 21 year old Reinhart for a streaky 26 year old winger ???????????????? this board is madness

it's tempting, but ultimately would cost way too many valuable longterm assets. so no

Yup, cause I think Reinhart will turn out to be a bust and Duchene will fit in and make the team instantly better. It's not just about who is "better" on paper but how the pieces will fit together. Call me crazy, but I guarantee you there will be a thread on this board later this year along the lines of "what's wrong with Sam Reinhart?" or "Sam Reinhart scoring drought" wait for it.  

Yup, cause I think Reinhart will turn out to be a bust and Duchene will fit in and make the team instantly better. It's not just about who is "better" on paper but how the pieces will fit together. Call me crazy, but I guarantee you there will be a thread on this board later this year along the lines of "what's wrong with Sam Reinhart?" or "Sam Reinhart scoring drought" wait for it.  

Couple things here

I would say Reinhart is already the better player first off, and he's cost controlled. Duchene is older, going to be out of his prime soon (whereas Sam is just entering his), and expensive.

Have you seen Reinhart and Jack on and off the ice together? They fit like freaking glue. 

Of course there will be those threads. There's a freaking thread about Mittelstadt winning the Hobey Baker this year. I can guarantee you that there will be those threads for Jack too. In fact, we've already had them, his rookie season.