Sabres/NHL official protected lists...here they are

Sabre fan

Lots of Ennis hate on here. When healthy he's a dynamic goal scorer, slick puck handler, great is small areas. Even when he's not scoring he makes it difficult on opposing defensemen.

If I'm Vegas I try to sign Kulikov during the exclusive window. He would become their pick from BUF. But then also try to trade them Moulson which they could use his veteran leadership and power play expertise. Could happen.

I assure you, the past 2 seasons opposing defensemen breathe sighs of relief when Ennis hits the ice.

2015/16 23 games 11 points. Basically sums up the season.

16/17 51 games 13 points. So clearly a bad season, wasn't in game shape for much of it.

Injuries are one thing, but going around saying he can't skate anymore is another(not implying you're saying that). Give the guy a chance to really get healthy and in shape. 35+ points isn't a stretch by any means and I fully expect him to achieve that this season.

I assure you, the past 2 seasons opposing defensemen breathe sighs of relief when Ennis hits the ice.

He hasn't been healthy, but he looked more like his old self down the stretch. He could be Dr. Phil's Arvidsson.

I'm sorry if someone already covered this. Is there an assumption that LV is going to take someone from our pool that will be an immediate NHL talent? They get to dress 20 guys. How many picks are going straight to the farm? I see a lot of juicy AHL talent on everyone's list. Ullmark's new deal makes him less juicy IMO. Why wouldn't LV take a really good AHL on a good deal? A guy with winning experience like Schneider?

That is why I picked Schneider :p

I feel like I'm going a little crazy reading all these positive takes on Ennis.

I love the guy. He should retire.

Why? he's 27 entering his prime. He showed flashes of his old self the last couple weeks of the season. Buy low, sell high, I'm buying.

I feel like I'm going a little crazy reading all these positive takes on Ennis.

I love the guy. He should retire.

I think alot of the mentality has to do with him being the longest tenured sabre. All the built up resentment from the last several years you know what I mean?

Imagine we just picked him up in a trade for a 7th, go back look at highlights and his stats. He can help the offense, and yah his cap sucks but were up for a restructure in 2 years anyway.

Edited by LikeEich

Why? he's 27 entering his prime. He showed flashes of his old self the last couple weeks of the season. Buy low, sell high, I'm buying.

I don't think he should retire but he's definitely not entering his prime. He's going to be 28 and I think he can put up 5 or so more 20 goal seasons though

I haven't seen him play like the Ennis of old in a long long time. He's got the fear in him, and rightly so. Another concussion could be devastating to his personal health.

Why on earth do you think he can do that?

His s% for the last two seasons is 1/2 of what his career average is, and that's including those crappy seasons. He's had some bad concussion luck, terrible coaching, and nowhere really to play for those last two seasons. He'll be fully healthy on a team that values speed and be put into a much better position to succeed. 

No hate for Ennis, here, but instead a cold look at the facts.

What's the over/under on how many more NHL goals he scores in his career? I'll say 49.

Over or under?

Edited by Neo

No hate for Ennis, here, but instead a cold look at the facts.

What's the over/under on how many more NHL goals he scores in his career? I'll say 49.

Over or under?

If actually betting the odds would be so slanted towards the under that I'd have to toss a few bucks on the over just in case. Which is what they want me to do, but I digress.

Under.

I don't think he should retire but he's definitely not entering his prime. He's going to be 28 and I think he can put up 5 or so more 20 goal seasons though

His 97 goals in his past 8 seasons say that this ain't freakin happening.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.