McKenzie: Boughner to Panthers. Unnamed rumormonger: Housley front runner for Sabres

dejeanerret

First, welcome! 

Second... oh man it is getting real. If Nashville loses tomorrow we could have a new coach by Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest.

I would happily and patiently wait a few more days for a coach in favor of Pittsburgh not winning.

Also, I like Boughner, but I feel Housely and Tocchet are better candidates, so FLA hiring Boughner is positive.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

First, welcome!

Second... oh man it is getting real. If Nashville loses tomorrow we could have a new coach by Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest.

Thanks!

Can't wait for the Cup to end. We can name our head coach and teams can start trading.

We'll know soon where Kane is going and for whom. Lehner???

If it's Housley I see Bots giving him a chance to turn around Bogosian. His plus/minus was respectable, took a lot more shots and hit a lot more before he came to Buffalo. He's still young too.

Thanks!

Can't wait for the Cup to end. We can name our head coach and teams can start trading.

If it's Housley I see Bots giving him a chance to turn around Bogosian. His plus/minus was respectable, took a lot more shots and hit a lot more before he came to Buffalo. He's still young too.

Reasons to still hope Bogosian can be a top 4 defender .   :thumbsup:

+1 for you.  Welcome to the board!

Thanks!

Hoping to Buffalo

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but the link provided by the OP does not say what the thread title says it says.

Link specifically says Florida will name Boughner HC on Monday and Housley is now lead candidate in Buffalo.

McKenzie: Buffalo waiting for cup final to end to interview Housley and POSSIBLY Pit Asst coaches Tocchet and Martin

Hence the title

Link specifically says Florida will name Boughner HC on Monday and Housley is now lead candidate in Buffalo.

McKenzie: Buffalo waiting for cup final to end to interview Housley and POSSIBLY Pit Asst coaches Tocchet and Martin

Hence the title

McK does not say that Housely is the leading contender. The thread title implies that he did say that.

You think if Nashville wins Housley won't have motivation to win as a 1st time head coach?

You don't think it will have any effect? I would be shocked if there was not a little more hunger if he was this close to winning a cup and didn't actually finish the job.

Edited by CallawaySabres

You don't think it will have any effect? I would be shocked if there was not a little more hunger if he was this close to winning a cup and didn't actually finish the job.

I would be shocked if him winning the cup or not winning the cup with Nashville had any effect on him as the Sabres coach at all. I think the prior has no impact on the latter, and if it does I don't want him as the Sabres coach. 

No I don't. He's an assistant coach. This would be his first HC job. You don't think he'll be motivated to prove he's a great coach? That's ridiculous

Housley now becomes the leading candiate for the Buffalo Sabres' vacant head coaching position, but McKenzie says that the team is waiting until after the Cup Final to interview Housley and possibly Pittsburgh assistant coaches Rick Tocchet and Jacques Martin.

This is a quote from the article.  The thread title is correct.  Mckenzie is saying the Sabres will interview Housley, and may interview Martin and Tocchet.  There is a big gap between will and may.  People who will be interviewed are serious candidates for the job. People who may be interviewed are a step down and usually only get interviewed if the top tier has backed out, taken other jobs or been found wanting during the interview process.  

The counter argument is that Jbot knows both Tocchet and Martin well and may not feel the need to interview them. I don't think this works in this situation because Jbot needs to know how they would work with the talent in Buffalo.  If you look at the Sullivan hiring, Jbot admitted to having a different impression then the one that emerged in the interview process.  I would think he'd interview if he thought they were the top tier options.  

This is a quote from the article. The thread title is correct. Mckenzie is saying the Sabres will interview Housley, and may interview Martin and Tocchet. There is a big gap between will and may. People who will be interviewed are serious candidates for the job. People who may be interviewed are a step down and usually only get interviewed if the top tier has backed out, taken other jobs or been found wanting during the interview process.

The counter argument is that Jbot knows both Tocchet and Martin well and may not feel the need to interview them. I don't think this works in this situation because Jbot needs to know how they would work with the talent in Buffalo. If you look at the Sullivan hiring, Jbot admitted to having a different impression then the one that emerged in the interview process. I would think he'd interview if he thought they were the top tier options.

Add in the fact that although JBot may know Tocchet and Martin, the Pegulas don't. Like McDermott, I don't see a HC being hired without the Pegulas interviewing and signing off on him, especially with someone like Tocchet and his past issues with gambling ring.

This is a quote from the article.  The thread title is correct.  Mckenzie is saying the Sabres will interview Housley, and may interview Martin and Tocchet.  There is a big gap between will and may.  People who will be interviewed are serious candidates for the job. People who may be interviewed are a step down and usually only get interviewed if the top tier has backed out, taken other jobs or been found wanting during the interview process.  

The counter argument is that Jbot knows both Tocchet and Martin well and may not feel the need to interview them. I don't think this works in this situation because Jbot needs to know how they would work with the talent in Buffalo.  If you look at the Sullivan hiring, Jbot admitted to having a different impression then the one that emerged in the interview process.  I would think he'd interview if he thought they were the top tier options.  

No.

The author of the article, who is not McK, is the one saying in the article that Housely is the leading candidate.  McK does not say that in the article. 

The point of the thread is that if McK says Housley is the leading contender, then there is a pretty good likelihood that Housley is indeed the leading contender.  But McK didn't say that.  He said some other stuff, from which the writer of the article inferred that Housley is the leading contender. 

No.

The author of the article, who is not McK, is the one saying in the article that Housely is the leading candidate. McK does not say that in the article.

The point of the thread is that if McK says Housley is the leading contender, then there is a pretty good likelihood that Housley is indeed the leading contender. But McK didn't say that. He said some other stuff, from which the writer of the article inferred that Housley is the leading contender.

Reading is hard.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.