Rumor: LA Kings interested in Evander Kane

LGR4GM

Even if we do, then what? He cannot play with RoR or Eichel. What're we gonna do, throw him on the 3rd? What happens when Mittlestadt and Nylander are ready?

Nylander - O'Reilly - Okposo

Mittelstadt - Eichel - Baptiste

Kane - Reinhart - Bailey

Could be a hell of a top 9 potentially, if we can pay them all (and assuming they deserve to be paid).

Nylander - O'Reilly - Okposo

Mittelstadt - Eichel - Baptiste

Kane - Reinhart - Bailey

Could be a hell of a top 9 potentially, if we can pay them all (and assuming they deserve to be paid).

I like that with tbe exception of Bailey. I don't see him as a viable NHLer in that role at least.  But that is some very balanced firepower top to bottom.

I like that with tbe exception of Bailey. I don't see him as a viable NHLer in that role at least.  But that is some very balanced firepower top to bottom.

Could substitute in Fasching, or Pu. Hopefully at least one of 'em pans out.

One thing we haven't fully recognized yet because of tanking and having so many first rounders immediately make the team is that we actually have a pipeline of cheap young players that can slide into the holes vacated by those who age or price themselves out.

Ennis Moulson Kane -> Bailey, Baptiste, Nylander Middelstadt

Foligno Girgensons Larsson -> Fasching Asplund Pu Davidsson

Bogosian Gorges -> Guhle, Antipin, Borgen

Lehner Johnson - Ullmark, Luukkonnen

They won't all make it. But some will. Others might surprise.

We're set up to start operating like a real team again.

Edited by dudacek

One thing we haven't fully recognized yet because of tanking and having so many first rounders immediately make the team is that we actually have a pipeline of cheap young players that can slide into the holes vacated by those who age or price themselves out.

Ennis Moulson Kane -> Bailey, Baptiste, Nylander Middelstadt

Foligno Girgensons Larsson -> Fasching Asplund Pu Davidsson

Bogosian Gorges -> Guhle, Antipin, Borgen

Lehner Johnson - Ullmark, Luukkonnen

They won't all make it. But some will. Others might surprise.

We're set up to start operating like a real team again.

Thanks to GMTM.

I'd say they both have a shot, but not a great shot.

Borgen is more of a traditional NHL defenceman and probably has a higher floor. Maxes out as a Scandella/Lydman type but could just as easily be the AHL equivalent.

Fitzgerald is more of the new generation puck mover type - Jason Woolley/Taylor Fedun.

Do we not like Fitzgerald as a D prospect?  I'm just asking.  I see people throwing Borgen's name around but not Fitzgerald's

I prefer Fitzgerald over Borgen due to his pedigree... and playing in a tougher conference.   Borgen also doesn't seem to have the same love for the game that Fitzgerald has.

I had a dream last night that we made the playoffs and Kane scored the game winner in overtime of game 1. If this comes to pass, I need someone to help me make a fortune telling infomercial.

On second viewing this wasn't as funny as I intended, REMOVED

Edited by jsb

I think if Kane's value is as low as certain reporters seem to think that we might be able to resign him for a more reasonable contract than we were thinking before. If we can lock him up for, say. 5.5 a year (small increase from where he is now, 5.25) are more people interested in signing him long term here? 6? Whats the cutoff point.

I'd give him the Okposo contract 7 years with a $6 million cap hit. If he wants more than $6 it has to be shorter term. I wouldn't go above $7 million.

Did you make this determination using their skating posture or the faces they make on the bench?

body language.... Borgen is a guy who plays because he's good at it.   Fitzgerald plays because he loves the game.

Nah, Kane for Kempe and picks is coming

Then Bogo gets traded! 

Nobody in their right mind would take on that Bogo contract... not a chance he gets moved.

body language.... Borgen is a guy who plays because he's good at it.   Fitzgerald plays because he loves the game.

Nobody in their right mind would take on that Bogo contract... not a chance he gets moved.

Detroit literally traded Datsyuks contract, just the contract. So yes it can happen. 

I cannot see the Sabres holding onto Kane through the summer.  It just doesn't make any sense. 

I believe Bots is just being thorough about this.  He's not going to rush it. 

Hockeybuzz.com is stating Florida is now in the mix too.  That's in addition to Ducks and Kings.  I think any warm weather team has to be under consideration.

Kane can be a stud on the ice, and if he lands in a beach town he'll sign long term.  But he has to be in the right lockerroom.  Buffalo just didn't have the caliber of leaders that could tame him.

A team like the Kings who have their set leaders and won't allow distractions comes across as the best place.  I think whoever acquires him has to be a contender.  Otherwise it's a crapshoot for whoever gets him.

But the Sabres would be playing a serious game of roulette to keep him into the season, and that doesn't sound like Bots.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.