2017 Stanley Cup Final NSH vs PIT

Brawndo

Charles Barkley visiting the interview and intermission report last night gave me an idea.. it was so refreshing to have someone with a personality as opposed to the pair of pessimistic Flintstones that NBC normally features. The idea that got me exciting was this: what if Subban gets into broadcasting when his playing days are over? He would definitely be a breath of fresh air

Pens have to find a way to match the intensity level of the Preds or they may not win another game this series.

I'm thinking the home crowd has a lot to do with it. That environment is kick-a$$.

It's almost like Lynah Rink in Ithaca in February.

I oughta brush up on my Tim McGraw before Sunday.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

I'm thinking the home crowd has a lot to do with it. That environment is kick-a$$.

It's almost like Lynah Rink in Ithaca in February.

I oughta brush up on my Tim McGraw before Sunday.

I'll second that.  But you gotta admit Nashville dominated much of the play in games 1 and 2.  Especially the series opener.  Pekka was beyond bad.  Had he played an average game the Predators would most likely be up 3-1 right now.  

Edited by GoPre

That was a great game last night. God this team is fun to cheer for. 

I've always wanted to see a Sabres game in Nashville.  But after seeing the incredible fans they have, not sure if I want to. I mean this in a positive way.  The energy they have is through the roof. 

I've always wanted to see a Sabres game in Nashville.  But after seeing the incredible fans they have, not sure if I want to. I mean this in a positive way.  The energy they have is through the roof. 

If you ever get the chance you should go. Awesome food and night life right outside the arena. 

I don't begrudge Nashville, very happy for them and their fans.

Also Jack Eichel did this to them... and it makes me happy.

That is an Eichel goal that stands out.  Certainly one of his better goals. 

I'm also excited for the Preds and their fans.  They seem to have a lot of class.  

@AustinKarp

NBC drew 4.1 overnight rating for Penguins-Predators last night. Best Cup Final Game 4 since Blackhawks-Bruins in 2013 (2015, 2014 on NBCSN)

@NBCSportsPR

With a 28.0 local rating in Nashville, Game 4 was highest-rated Predators game EVER on networks of NBC, ahead of SCF Game 1 on NBC (22.5)

@AustinKarp
NBC drew 4.1 overnight rating for Penguins-Predators last night. Best Cup Final Game 4 since Blackhawks-Bruins in 2013 (2015, 2014 on NBCSN)

@NBCSportsPR
With a 28.0 local rating in Nashville, Game 4 was highest-rated Predators game EVER on networks of NBC, ahead of SCF Game 1 on NBC (22.5)

Wait til game 6 when they could be playing for a cup. 

Wait til game 6 when they could be playing for a cup. 

If it's a Cup clinching game, I would be a little surprised if it wasn't greater than 30.0 in the Nashville area.  

That's also when the CMA music fest is. The atmosphere should be electric 

Didn't know about the CMA.  That could keep it below 30.0.  

My friend who sits below me at Preds games (I'm front row club level, he is last row of the lower bowl) sold his pair of tickets to both Game 3 and Game 4 for $10,000 ($2,500 per ticket). Honestly though, no amount of money would have been worth missing out on the spectacle and excitement and experience that was Brigestone Arena on Saturday and last night. It's the sort of thing I'll remember for the rest of my life. Words cannot describe the energy and excitement in that building.

BTW - met Charles Barkley at a place called Barlines before the game. He was just chilling at the bar. Good dude.

Honestly though, no amount of money would have been worth missing out on the spectacle and excitement and experience that was Brigestone Arena on Saturday and last night. It's the sort of thing I'll remember for the rest of my life. Words cannot describe the energy and excitement in that building.

It is truly indescribable. Its one of those things you can't really understand unless you experience it. Nothing like it. 

I don't begrudge Nashville, very happy for them and their fans.

Je suis Nashville.

Watching the game last night and the saves Rinne made, it took me back to 1999.  The vibe in the house, the amazing saves, the David vs. Goliath theme.  I hope they bring it home.  They've done a fantastic job of embracing hockey and making Nashville a hockey town.

Yeah, that much I know.  I meant beyond that.

Colin Wilson skated the past several mornings and appears ready to go. But, Laviolette tends to leave the lineup alone if the team is winning (Coach's superstition). It isn't clear whose place he might take in the lineup. But, I think he should be in there personally.

Edited by Potato

I know the narrative right now is how great Nashville's arena experience and crowd are, and how great the scene outside is, and that's great. They are and it is.

But I just got done watching last nights game, and maybe because I already knew the outcome, all I could think was, Pittsburgh's crowd and scene outside the arena is every bit as great as Nashville's.

And I believe Buffalo's scene would be every bit as crazy.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't need a bunch of choreographed "You suck"s to think that a crowd is into the game or not.

Edit:just thought I should mention that I really want Nashville to win, cuz, the Pittsburgh.

Edited by SwampD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.