Will Byslma or Murray ever get another shot?

WildCard

Sure, but both may have a take a step or 2 down the ladder to get another shot. Murray back to an asst GM in charge of player drafting and development. DD either as an asst coach or I can see him heading to Europe, finding success and then coming back.

Both should be set for life with TP money, so it could be a while until they go back to work.

Probably. Bylsma will get another coaching gig before Murray gets another GM gig. It's still an old boys show and it pretty much always will be. Timmy will probably have to take some sort of other front office gig and work his way back up if he wants to be the head honcho again

Murray could get a job fairly quickly as a head scout type. As Ubkev says, it's an old boys network and he's been in it a long time.

Plus, he's proven at that job.

Won't be soon if ever as a GM. Two things would have to happen:

1) the talent he acquired for the Sabres would have to prove its worth, like it did for Dale Tallon in Chicago.

2) he'll have to create a buzz that he's learned from his mistakes here and grown as a leader.

Bylsma:

1) will have to take a college job and succeed, and/or

2) have the Sabres reveal themselves to actually be the mess they appeared in the last 20 games.

I believe that both will.

I think Murray has already made his way back to the nations (Canada) capital.

Bylsma will go to a contender and win another cup. Yup. I still think he is a good coach in the right situation, but Buffalo clearly was not the right situation.

Lol, no he'll go to a bubble team without an elite center and he'll fail. The guys system and coaching style have literally never won a cup. I wish him the best but I think only a couple of nhl teams exist now that could run his style of game even moderately succesfully. I wish him the best.

Murray will be the head of scouting somewhere and be just fine at it.

My money says Bylsma gets at least 1 more kick @ the can. He's too young to expect he's had his last shot.

Murray will stay in the NHL but very realistically might not get another shot at GM. Director of amateur scouting or head of scouting seem to be more in his wheelhouse. Of course, if both the Sabres & Amerks move ahead significantly w/out too many moves, he could get back in a few years. Wouldn't want to have money on him getting another GM gig though.

I'll say NFW on either of them interviewing for and getting the top job in a new organization in the next 2 years. 

I could see either of them working his way back to it over time, and perhaps more quickly as an internal promotion from the #2 job after the top guy gets canned.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.