The Dan Bylsma Bedside Vigil thread

PASabreFan

I had a bit of snark to add, but couldn't figure out where to put it, so I figured we needed a catchall thread as the tension builds this week.

First of all, is there any concrete info. on when the meeting is taking place?

My snark — Terry is probably in Shittsburgh for Dan Rooney's funeral.

Whatever, I hope this happens quickly. I want to give a quick reply and take the rest of the summer off.

Well if GMTM is watching the playoffs, he needs to tell TP that the Sabres are going nowhere if they stand pat with DB. Just watching these teams play myself shows me how far away the Sabres seem to be right now. I don't think they would win more than 1 game against any of these playoff teams right now. And if Murray can't see that, he needs to go too.

Edited by Claude Balls

Everyone should go to the WGR on demand and listen to the first ~12 minutes of Howard and Jeremy this morning. Jeremy's rant perfectly captures the angst many of us feel about the Leafs. A+ sports rant.

Can we get some highlights? I can't listen currently.

I've decided I don't care about the Laffs.  I just care about the Sabres.  Since the Sabres are out of the playoffs, I'm not going to get wrapped around the axle about who's still in.

This is correct.  And the only way forward in order to maintain sanity. 

Can we get some highlights? I can't listen currently.

Read the transcript.

Oh. How is Simon and Kara you. And lost a finger for God's sake suspended my committee and sold back on and send it back up OK I thought hockey players were tough. Not sure who was like hanging off course you know when they showed it I kind of another bowl of cereal credit Alina we're gonna get a lot of texts on how many people had fingers reattached.......

For me, the best sports is about more than loving your team--it's also about hating the opposition.

This is only logical. The chances of the Sabres winning every year is rather low, whereas the chances of the Leafs NOT winning is high. It is the thing one can root for that has the greater chance of success.

I enjoy rooting against teams, as well.

This is only logical. The chances of the Sabres winning every year is rather low, whereas the chances of the Leafs NOT winning is high. It is the thing one can root for that has the greater chance of success.

No one ever made me thank about that before now.

I've forgotten my stats lessons. Is the chance that the Leafs not winning actually higher than the chance that the Sabres will win? Logically, it doesn't make sense to me. 

I've forgotten my stats lessons. Is the chance that the Leafs not winning actually higher than the chance that the Sabres will win? Logically, it doesn't make sense to me. 

Only one team wins every year.  The other 29 (soon to be 30) lose.

Except of course in the NFL where the same team wins every year. I'm starting to feel like Jeremy White....Buffalo sports are ruining me.

Only one team wins every year.  The other 29 (soon to be 30) lose.

Yup, exactly. 1/30 vs. 29/30.

People will say, don't stress over other teams. But as long as you accept that there's a chance things might eventually go the opposing team's way, rooting against teams can provide bang-for-your-buck that rooting for the Sabres doesn't often provide.

This will be the 50th year in a row that ends in some level of satisfaction, for a person actively rooting against the Leafs since 1967.

I've been following the Caps-Leaf series the closest this round and, while it might not be fair, the more I watch the Leafs the more I hate Bylsma. If it were the Sabres who miraculously fell into the 8th seed I can imagine his press conferences being summed up by him telling the media how much better Washington is than them, how they need contain the game and slow it down only to have Washington run them over...essentially just lobbing out excuses why the Sabres will eventually lose.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.