GDT: Sabres @ Kings 3-16-17 @10:30 MSG

Claude Balls

Disappointingly, I am flying out to LA tomorrow evening, in time to barely miss the chance to see the Sabres @LA and @ANA :wallbash: Did the same thing a few weeks ago -- I departed Denver the morning they played the Avs...

lets see a show of hands how many back east will stay up to watch this train wreck. 

As always.GO SABRES !

I actually plan to catch the ~second half of the game at 716 or somewhere near the KeyBank Center post-NCAA Tournament.  My Hokies are playing Wisconsin at KBC starting at 9:40pm, so I will be in attendance.  Speaking of which, we probz need to get a NCAA Tourney thread going, eh?

I live 20 miles from the Staples Center and I'm passing. That's how blah I am about this franchise in its current state.

...although to be fair, 20 miles in L.A. is like 160 miles anywhere else, amirite?

That's just a short 3 hour drive in LA traffic.

Meh.  Beat me to it.

lets see a show of hands how many back east will stay up to watch this train wreck.

As always.GO SABRES !

I normally enjoy these late games as I don't sleep well. But after snowblowing the driveway for the fourth and final time this morning, I may just pass out early. No big loss.

Meh.

Was I supposed to put one of these in the title? Edited by Claude Balls

2-8 since coming out of the bye week (2-9 with the game beforehand). I am most displeased with your apparent lack of progress. Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.

Come on. Why don't you take a look around. You know what's about to happen, what they're up against. They could use a good coach like you, you're turning your back on them. 

LA is four points out of a Wild Card spot, this is an absolute must win for them.

From the BN: "The Sabres have lost three straight games in Staples Center to the Kings -- and all of them have been by 2-0 scores. Their last goal at Staples was scored by former captain Craig Rivet at 1:07 of the third period in a 4-3 shootout loss on Jan. 21, 2010. So the current scoreless streak in the building for Buffalo is 203 minutes, 53 seconds."

That's amazing we haven't scored a goal there in 7 years. That's got to be some sort of record.

I hope Jack has a big game tonight.

LA is four points out of a Wild Card spot, this is an absolute must win for them.

From the BN: "The Sabres have lost three straight games in Staples Center to the Kings -- and all of them have been by 2-0 scores. Their last goal at Staples was scored by former captain Craig Rivet at 1:07 of the third period in a 4-3 shootout loss on Jan. 21, 2010. So the current scoreless streak in the building for Buffalo is 203 minutes, 53 seconds."

That's amazing we haven't scored a goal there in 7 years. That's got to be some sort of record.

The Sabres have only played there three times in seven years?

Yep.

Before the latest schedule format where everybody has a home & home against the other conference, teams only played 1 game vs cross-conference teams alternating who was home. Add in no cross-conference games until the SCF's in 2013 season & you end up w/ 3 trips.

Man, it's tough being a Sabres fan!  :lol:

Go Sabres! 

Hrmmm.  It appears to be accurate: http://mcubed.net/nhl/buf/la.shtml

However, you'll notice from the link that they actually beat the Kings 4-2 in an away game the '11-'12 season!  But lo, that game was in Berlin to kick off that season in October 2011, counting as an LA "home game": https://www.nhl.com/news/adam-scores-twice-sabres-beat-kings-4-2-in-first-nhl-game-in-germany/c-595072

Edit:  I think the current schedule format (wherein each team plays a home & away with each team in the opposite conference) began in 2013-2014.  In 12-13, they didn't play each other, in 11-12, they played @LA (in Germany), in 10-11 they played @BUF, and in 09-10 they played @LA (Rivet's aforementioned goal).

Edited by Cereal

However, you'll notice from the link that they actually beat the Kings 4-2 in an away game the '11-'12 season!  But lo, that game was in Berlin to kick off that season in October 2011, counting as an LA "home game": https://www.nhl.com/news/adam-scores-twice-sabres-beat-kings-4-2-in-first-nhl-game-in-germany/c-595072

Edit:  I think the current schedule format (wherein each team plays a home & away with each team in the opposite conference) began in 2013-2014.  In 12-13, they didn't play each other, in 11-12, they played @LA (in Germany), in 10-11 they played @BUF, and in 09-10 they played @LA (Rivet's aforementioned goal).

We played a game in Berlin?

Jesus, I don't even remember that. 

Yep.

Before the latest schedule format where everybody has a home & home against the other conference, teams only played 1 game vs cross-conference teams alternating who was home. Add in no cross-conference games until the SCF's in 2013 season & you end up w/ 3 trips.

Ah, I had forgotten about the schedule tinkering.  Thanks, both of you.

Bro it's true, the internet says so.  It also says that Luke Adam scored two goals :lol:

Opening game of the season when we had just acquired Leino and Ehrhoff, 1st Pegula offseason. I remember that game like it was yesterday 

There's so much going on in these two posts that I hate. 

Leino scored our first goal that year. We started off beating the Ducks in Helsinki then beat the Kings in Berlin.

Luke Adam would have a great 15 games between Vanek and Pommers, leading many (including myself) to annoint him as the top line center we'd been waiting for. Luker made the NHL rookie all star roster and was immediately sent down to Roch after the all star break by abusive coach Lindy Ruff.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Leino scored our first goal that year. We started off beating the Ducks in Helsinki then beat the Kings in Berlin.

Luke Adam would have a great 15 games between Vanek and Pommers, leading many (including myself) to annoint him as the top line center we'd been waiting for. Luker made the NHL rookie all star roster and was immediately sent down to Roch after the all star break by abusive coach Lindy Ruff.

You forgot the part where Lindy made him walk to Rochester.  With his gear bag.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.