How long Until Jack takes over the team scoring lead?

GASabresIUFAN

So far Jack has a goal and an assist, bringing him to 36 pts in 41 games. Jack now only trails team leader Okposo by 3 pts in 20 less games.

Obviously, assuming no injuries, Jack takes the team lead sooner then later, but what does that say about the team's offense? Shoud we be getting more from the ROR/KO line?

I love game 41. It makes point paces so easy to figure out. Dividing is the devil's work. 

When teams hit game 41 I go to alllll of their websites to see where their players are pacing.

And Eichel's 72 point pace is pretty impressive. 28-44-72 is a nice stat line for a 20 year old, in this (DDB) system.

no doubt jack is pretty good, but of course our team is making him look even better and as Mr. Wildcard stated, he is no Mathews or McDavid. Things would be very different with McDavid leading the charge. Eichel does not get used properly for sure and that does not help... 

Is there any productive benefit to dwelling on how much better McDavid or Matthews (in his case, for the record, I disagree) are better than Eichel? Is every accomplishment and impressive stat line of Eichel's somehow diminished by the fact that McDavid's numbers are better? What McDavid does is irrelevant. Eichel's numbers are impressive, regardless of what others are doing.

Is there any productive benefit to dwelling on how much better McDavid or Matthews (in his case, for the record, I disagree) are better than Eichel? Is every accomplishment and impressive stat line of Eichel's somehow diminished by the fact that McDavid's numbers are better? What McDavid does is irrelevant. Eichel's numbers are impressive, regardless of what others are doing.

McDavid no. Matthews? yes

McDavid no. Matthews? yes

Why would Eichel's accomplishments be diminished due to Matthews performing well? To my mind Eichel doesn't have to be better than Matthews for his achievements to be completely appreciated.

If you are referring to the first part, I see no benefit to dwelling on such a thing. It would be worth it to try and understand why Matthews might be scoring more, re: DD potentially holding Jack back, but this I would classify as an honest-to-goodness analysis of what different variables are present within the comparison of the two players.

Following up posts making note of something positive re: Eichel with empty "not as good as Matthews" posts seems fruitless to me. Eichel's 72 point pace is a great one regardless of what Matthews is doing.

Edited by Thorny

Jack Eichel's points-per-game is now in the top 25 of the NHL, despite his team and ankle, pretty sweet. He's ahead of guys like Pavelski, Oshie, Atkinson (who placed far ahead of him in that American born player ranking), he's ahead of Toews even though Toews has just ripped off 24 points in 14 games, ahead of Draisaitl, Marner, Pacioretty, Tavares, Getzlaf, Voracek, Gaudreau, Barkov, Hall, Kuznetsov, Galchenyuk, Wheeler, and Giroux.

Wooooooooooo

Why would Eichel's accomplishments be diminished due to Matthews performing well? To my mind Eichel doesn't have to be better than Matthews for his achievements to be completely appreciated.

If you are referring to the first part, I see no benefit to dwelling on such a thing. It would be worth it to try and understand why Matthews might be scoring more, re: DD potentially holding Jack back, but this I would classify as an honest-to-goodness analysis of what different variables are present within the comparison of the two players.

Following up posts making note of something positive re: Eichel with empty "not as good as Matthews" posts seems fruitless to me. Eichel's 72 point pace is a great one regardless of what Matthews is doing.

Because I'm a petty man and Toronto

Ok, what is the productive benefit?

Fueling my hatred

Jack Eichel's points-per-game is now in the top 25 of the NHL, despite his team and ankle, pretty sweet. He's ahead of guys like Pavelski, Oshie, Atkinson (who placed far ahead of him in that American born player ranking), he's ahead of Toews even though Toews has just ripped off 24 points in 14 games, ahead of Draisaitl, Marner, Pacioretty, Tavares, Getzlaf, Voracek, Gaudreau, Barkov, Hall, Kuznetsov, Galchenyuk, Wheeler, and Giroux.

Wooooooooooo

But we were told he's generational. Top 25 at 20 yo is NOT generational. We were lied to because Buffalo. He sucks, every single Sabre sucks. They'll never make the playoffs again because Pegula is a doody-head. (Miss any?)

#stillNotMatthewsLevel

Matthews reminds me a lot of Crosby in that he scores so many garbage goals. He will never wow you with amazing, dazzling moves like Eichel and McDavid have shown with tremendous frequency. Matthews just makes the simple, correct play, and is ridiculously efficient in doing so, and it results in so many goals that make you say meh. Which are obviously just as good and important as the flashy ones, as Sid is still the best player on the planet playing this way. 

As a result, that nifty little goal where Matthews was airborne while slapping home a backhand was worshiped by Leafs fans. There were legitimate, serious comparisons to Ovechkin's goal from his back and Orr's flying celebration. I'm serious. It was neat, nothing special, and that's how they were treating it, and when I and other posters came in with "cool, but what are you guys watching?" they went on spiels about how other fans just weren't as intelligent and nuanced as they are - only Leafs fans can appreciate the amazing subtleties in that goal. 

This is why I hate Toronto so much. I love Matthews. But their fans ruin everything he does, and I look forward to rooting hard for them to collapse out of the playoffs or to get swept if they make it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.