Sabres @ Senators 7:30 PM MSG 2/14/17

Mustache of God

He's not doing that though. Directing the puck to the corners makes sense. He's just spitting pucks out into the slot and getting his defenders all turned around trying to cover for him. It totally kills the team's ability to get out of its own way.

Its near to impossible to do. Its high risk low reward. I won't disagree that it's stupid, but it's done to often with distinct effort to not think he's being coached to do it.

Is there another goalie that kicks at the puck like him and tries to shoot out rebounds like that?

Its near to impossible to do. Its high risk low reward. I won't disagree that it's stupid, but it's done to often with distinct effort to not think he's being coached to do it.

Is there another goalie that kicks at the puck like him and tries to shoot out rebounds like that?

You won't see goalies kicking at pucks to generate rebounds. They'll angle their pads when they drop into the butterfly to direct the puck to the corners for their defenders to pick up, but in any other situation that puck needs to be absorbed.

Lehner gets hit in the mask more than any other goalie I've ever watched.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.