Unacceptable- This has Got to Stop

BuffaloBorn

The lower bowl has always been like that with visiting teams jerseys

Not always.  It wasn't like that in the Aud.  There were a couple sections with visiting jerseys, but the bowl was Sabres fans.

This crap started when people realized they could fund their seats by selling on the secondary market.

And, I paid to be entertained.  Entertain me or I'll boo. 

Not always.  It wasn't like that in the Aud.  There were a couple sections with visiting jerseys, but the bowl was Sabres fans.

This crap started when people realized they could fund their seats by selling on the secondary market.

There have been 2 or 3 large swaths of the 100's that have been owned by ticket brokers since the '90's at least.

Last I heard they haven't been to the playoffs in ooooh , 10 years. They deserve to get booed each and every time they appear to not be giving an honest effort. The entire franchise including the ownership need to have their feet held to the fire. Not making the playoffs has to become unacceptable starting now. The past can't be changed but the future can be shaped. Get your head outa yer asss GMTM and make this team better. 

Last I heard they haven't been to the playoffs in ooooh , 10 years. They deserve to get booed each and every time they appear to not be giving an honest effort. The entire franchise including the ownership need to have their feet held to the fire. Not making the playoffs has to become unacceptable starting now. The past can't be changed but the future can be shaped. Get your head outa yer asss GMTM and make this team better. 

A contrary point.

How can we demand that not making the playoffs is unacceptable and then advocate selling off players that make us better when we don't reach that goal?  We can't meet a playoff goal and jettison good NHL talent every late Winter.

To be fair, was wearing jerseys to games even a thing back when they played at the Aud?

To be fair, was wearing jerseys to games even a thing back when they played at the Aud?

Not to the extent it is today, but you knew when 6 busloads of Bruins or Habs fans showed up for the games.  The big difference I remember is that there were sections with alot of out of town jerseys that mostly seemed to be sold to groups that showed up on buses.  Today they are all over the arena.

A contrary point.

How can we demand that not making the playoffs is unacceptable and then advocate selling off players that make us better when we don't reach that goal?  We can't meet a playoff goal and jettison good NHL talent every late Winter.

To be fair to GMTM he has a tough job. Good hockey trades are hard to come by in a salary cap world. But the good teams always find a way. Why not us ?

This is adversity. Most teams experience it on the way up.

When was the last real rebuild this team did and how many here were around to experience it?

We haven't bottomed out since 87 and that was a quick and ultimately flawed turnaround.

Edited by dudacek

A contrary point.

Strapping yourself to all the players who weren't good enough to make the playoffs in a given season isn't exactly a recipe for success either, innit?

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I'm trying to think back about the Sabres, particularly between 05-07. The fans were OBSESSED with the Sabres and they would ALWAYS cheer them win or lose. fail or success. 15 shot minus differential, and 15 shot plus differential.

But what I hear from a crowd during a game at KBC,and i may just be hallucinating on mushrooms so forgive me if i'm wrong, is BOOS- if there is a mistake/bad play/bad powerplay/ failed clearing attempt ect...

In 05-07 fans would NEVER boo the Sabres if my perception of the time serves well. BOOING your OWN hometown team is the ultimate form of disrespect to me!

Think about it, these guys sacrifice every part of their body 41 times at KBC. Most don't just show up for a paycheck, they are also very much aware of the interdynamic between the fan and the player, and they want to go balls to the wall because they are LOYAL TO THE TEAM and the CITY. and for the FANS, BUT- perhaps even from a "psychological" point of view, HOW can a player be loyal to a TEAM when the FANS aren't even loyal to the players AND BOO them!!?

I get it- it's FN frustrating not seeing things like the PK -whatever- flourish. I get it. It's FN frustrating when they can't get it out of the damn zone. They are also a young team, and learning, they need all the confidence from the support from the fans,

They're essentially sacrificing their lives, developing and learning as kids, while doing the best they can. Yet the fans basically say your S*it in the event of an inevitable mistake ?

I don't know how many fans do this, but c'mon. give the kids some confidence. Cheer them for their efforts. BOOING only alienates the players from the city,team and fans. No one should blame Eichel for addressing the booing (i think he did..?).

He is absolutely right in that case. critical assessment, restless crowd, and suspension of applause is normal BOOING is 6 FINGER hand slap in the face. The BOOING has gotta stop. It is utterly unacceptable.

Thank you.

In 05-07 fans would NEVER boo the Sabres if my perception of the time serves well. BOOING your OWN hometown team is the ultimate form of disrespect to me!

Tim Connolly used to get booo'd. There was many times you'd go to the arena pre-lockout years when the Sabres were awful, the years with Biron or Mika in goal, and only 7-8k people were there. Different times. I'd take the booing when the team under preforms over half empty arena any day of the week... atleast the fans who boo are mostly doing it because they are emotionally invested in the team.

Strapping yourself to all the players who weren't good enough to make the playoffs in a given season isn't exactly a recipe for success either, innit?

If the players that got moved every season were the ones that were dragging us down I'd agree.

Tim Connolly used to get booo'd. There was many times you'd go to the arena pre-lockout years when the Sabres were awful, the years with Biron or Mika in goal, and only 7-8k people were there. Different times. I'd take the booing when the team under preforms over half empty arena any day of the week... atleast the fans who boo are mostly doing it because they are emotionally invested in the team.

Correct!

Tim Connolly got booed all the time! And the bitch of it is, he actually put up points! He produced every game he was on the ice. People booed him because his body gave up on him. I guess the Syracuse kid wasn't "blue collar" enough for Buffalo.

Correct!

Tim Connolly got booed all the time! And the bitch of it is, he actually put up points! He produced every game he was on the ice. People booed him because his body gave up on him. I guess the Syracuse kid wasn't "blue collar" enough for Buffalo.

Thing is, there is/was absolutely nothing blue collar about Connolly. Which, I think, is why many fans hated him past the point of absurdity.

His story is a sad one of what could have been.

Thing is, there is/was absolutely nothing blue collar about Connolly. Which, I think, is why many fans hated him past the point of absurdity.

I agree about Connolly. He had the potential to be great but injuries derailed his career. There's nothing all that blue collar about Buffalo either anymore, unless the people who get paid to fry up all the chicken wings for everybody are now considered blue collar jobs. What percentage of the population in WNY actually works in a blue collar job? A bunch of people who work in the healthcare industry or perform the duties of an IT weenie doesn't exactly scream hard hats, lunch pails, or blue collar work ethic like some Bruce Springsteen song. Rooting for multiple ###### teams doesn't make anyone blue collar either. A bunch of bankers and lawyers looking down their noses at someone else's upbringing isn't exactly blue collar. It's unjustified reverse snobbism if that's even a real word. .

Edited by Drunkard

True, but the players traded away are not necessarily the "right" players.  it's mostly the players on expiring contracts.

To be fair to GMTM he has a tough job. Good hockey trades are hard to come by in a salary cap world. But the good teams always find a way. Why not us ?

Because....... we're not a good team.

Part of it is having the right players to trade; part of it is being able to strike the right deal.

OK, they might have booed him a little because he wore leather pants out on the town. But they definitely booed him for not staying healthy.

I guess y'all who buy tickets can do whatever you want: boo, cheer, blow raspberries, whatever...  Watch a game from one of the Canadian cities some time (like Winnepeg).  They go nuts for 60 minutes, even if one of their players puts the puck in his own net.  Fan is short for "fanatic" - if you decide you want to boo the team because they aren't playing well, go ahead, but please don't use the "F" word.  (By the way, there were an awful lot of Sabre "fans" wearing Canucks jerseys in the lower bowl last night. Man, that must've been a helluva drive from the West Coast).

;)

Pretty sure there was, in the last couple of years, a mini-epidemic of fed-up fans in Edmonton and Toronto (at least) throwing their jerseys on the ice in disgust with their teams, which occasioned much anguish.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.