Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres 7:30 MSG

inkman

Sadly, I don't think "the run" is ever going to happen. They are who they are and no sense in expecting more at this point. I'm just frustrated and don't feel like getting my hopes up anymore. And yes, a win against Ottawa and I'll probably say to myself again, "There's still time baby! We got this!" Such is life.

Well, right back to the 82 point pace.  And Gorges with nearly 21 minutes of ice time???   He looked slow and ineffective out there last night -  what the hell is Bylsma thinking?  Or is he even thinking?   

Per Lehner "coach has a plan" but players aren't following it?  WTH???  Maybe the plan is tanking, and the Sabres aren't following it by winning now and then? Tanking seems logical conclusion - playing the starting goalie without rest with predictable results.  

I'm sorry -but Dan Bylsma should put on his big boy pants and run this team himself - he's paid one of the top reported coaching salaries in the NHL to do so!   He shouldn't need Lehner whining in the locker room about players not following the coach's 'plan'.   If he isn't alpha male enough to enforce his wishes and discipline by himself, he should be shown the door!

Well, right back to the 82 point pace.  And Gorges with nearly 21 minutes of ice time???   He looked slow and ineffective out there last night -  what the hell is Bylsma thinking?  Or is he even thinking?   

Per Lehner "coach has a plan" but players aren't following it?  WTH???  Maybe the plan is tanking, and the Sabres aren't following it by winning now and then? Tanking seems logical conclusion - playing the starting goalie without rest with predictable results.  

I'm sorry -but Dan Bylsma should put on his big boy pants and run this team himself - he's paid one of the top reported coaching salaries in the NHL to do so!   He shouldn't need Lehner whining in the locker room about players not following the coach's 'plan'.   If he isn't alpha male enough to enforce his wishes and discipline by himself, he should be shown the door!

Just a heads up to the veterans of this board, I fully expect a photo-shopped transgender Bylsma photo in response to a post like this :)

A win tonight puts us 3 points back of a playoff spot. We won yesterday and since this team is wildly inconsistent I'm expecting them to absolutely ###### the bed tonight. 

Aside from that, I hope they shake that bug and come out strong. Disappointed you wont' see Miller in net tonight? Don't be! After the Sabres go up 4-0 midway through the 2nd he'll go in as relief and we'll all get a glimpse of the wtf miller wave in the 3rd.

Go SABRES.

Like clockwork.

Points don't tell the story of this season though.

No. I'm just anticipating the postseason spin. Arrow up and all that. The Eichel injury is the ace in the hole. Don't look at how we pissed away opportunity after opportunity to get into playoff position, look at how far losing Eichel set us back!

Really I don't see the Pegulas having the stomach to fire another coach after two seasons. Especially when you can use the above spin to put DD in a better light.

No. I'm just anticipating the postseason spin. Arrow up and all that. The Eichel injury is the ace in the hole. Don't look at how we pissed away opportunity after opportunity to get into playoff position, look at how far losing Eichel set us back!

Really I don't see the Pegulas having the stomach to fire another coach after two seasons. Especially when you can use the above spin to put DD in a better light.

I agree with your outlook. I hope we don't get to that point, or else this is going to be a long off-season of predictable behavior from the team. We've seen this before. 

I agree with your outlook. I hope we don't get to that point, or else this is going to be a long off-season of predictable behavior from the team. We've seen this before.

The Toronto win reminded me of the post-ECF seasons that started Team Stormcloud. Half the folks exclaiming "yeah, we won", and half seeing a win they didn't deserve and thinking there is a problem here. Edited by We've

All the Sabres have to do finish above 81 to argue progress. Especially if they play the Eichel injury card.

This for sure. Even if we finish with only 80 points somebody will do a split of pre and post Eichel and show that if only Eichel had played all 82 games we would have finished at X number of points which would have been an improvement of Y percent.

I think it was on another board but it reminds me of the theoretical points that Tim Connolly was always on pace to score while he was out with injury years ago. He'd have a good stretch of 10 games or something, go out with an injury and his 82 game pace was usually up in the MVP levels of conversation. I think he had more theoretical points than actual ones, which is a bummer because he was crazy talented and fun to watch when he was healthy.

Edited by Drunkard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.