Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Guys I'm telling you from experience. I have nearly 10,000 posts on TBD - don't engage him, he makes circular arguments about predicting the future by using the past ineptitude of the organization.  You can't convince, win or anything else with someone like that.  Avoid!

Trust the Process.

I don't think this was a tanking move.

If they were tanking, they wouldn't have brought back TT.

I think they decided that Watkins was either too injury-prone or too something else to be worth what it would cost to sign him long-term, and that Darby wasn't as good as the WR they got for him. Presumably McD's opinion on Darby is a well-informed one.

Were these decisions correct? We'll see.

Certainly Watkins' career has been substantially impaired by injury thus far. And the "only missed 2 games with injury prior to this year" position is a red herring -- he was far from 100% for many of the games he suited up for. He's also missed games with a bunch of different ailments.

I don't like losing a guy as talented as Watkins either, but I'm willing to give the new management the benefit of the doubt.

Outstanding.

It can be a tanking move without the team embarking on a scorched earth tank. Tanking with dignity, if you will ;)

The team deliberately made itself worse for this season, one month before it begins, for the purposes of a little extra draft currency in 2018.

Guys I'm telling you from experience. I have nearly 10,000 posts on TBD - don't engage him, he makes circular arguments about predicting the future by using the past ineptitude of the organization.  You can't convince, win or anything else with someone like that.  Avoid!

Is that why he was banned?

You just made all that up. But thanks for putting words in my mouth. Here is what I saw, a top QB prospect that took a snap under CENTER(was told this would be hard for him) rolled out, motioned as if he was leading a WR, then threw a perfect dart across his body over a defender's arm for a TD. Was it just pre-season? Sure. But there is some value to watching it.

And your contention that my opinion on QB's is wrong is your right. But go ahead and describe your QB board for this year and next. Put yourself out there if you want to attack my opinion.

And when JP Lossman threw a Dar on a down in out in his first preseason game, Dan Reeves was impressed.

Pre-season football is of no value at all, other than making billionaire owners wealthier.

And when JP Lossman threw a Dar on a down in out in his first preseason game, Dan Reeves was impressed.

Pre-season football is of no value at all, other than making billionaire owners wealthier.

Sure. I agree. That's why my mind was already made up on Mahomes before the pre-season. All last night showed was what was already on tape. His pocket presence, quick release, accuracy, and ability to throw on the run. He could have thrown 3 picks or 5 TD's last night and it would not have changed my mind. I was just told by people that Mahomes was this 5 year project that would struggle taking snaps under center and it is clear that the QB gurus were right and the talking heads on ESPN were wrong yet again. And this progress is reported from people monitoring him in KC, not a few snaps in the 3rd quarter in a pre-season game.

Edited by jeffismagic

Sure. I agree. That's why my mind was already made up on Mahomes before the pre-season. All last night showed was what was already on tape. His pocket presence, quick release, accuracy, and ability to throw on the run. He could have thrown 3 picks or 5 TD's last night and it would not have changed my mind. I was just told by people that Mahomes was this 5 year project that would struggle taking snaps under center and it is clear that the QB gurus were right and the talking heads on ESPN were wrong yet again. And this progress is reported from people monitoring him in KC, not a few snaps in the 3rd quarter in a pre-season game.

He may indeed be the guy. The odds are against it. Point is no one knows yet. No one knows if Dak was a one year wonder. Is Derek Carr really the engine that runs the Raiders or is he a function of the rest of his cast.

Franchise QB's are hard to come by. If it was guaranteed that two or three of the 6 QB's everyone is talking about for next year were going to be franchise QB's you'd have a better chance of convincing me that tanking was the answer.

Right now I'm sticking with my belief that it's 90% luck. The arguably greatest QB of all time (TB) was a 6th round pick. Maybe the best QB now(AR) lasted till almost the end of round one. Pittsburgh may have drafted their current SB winner for no other reason then to prevent Tom Donahue from getting him. Seattle used a 3rd pick on their SB winner only after throwing millions at Green Bay's back up.

By the way coaching is the same. Philadelphia got ridiculed for hiring GB's QB coach with no coorfinator experience. GB likewise with McCarthy, Pittsburgh hired a defensive back's coach...,,

Edited by tom webster

Is that why he was banned?

I'm not sure why he was banned but I know I can find out.  He's the type of vitriolic poster that incites the worst in other people.  Everyone is frustrated the Bills haven't made the playoffs but most fair minded people or those of us with a little age under our belts understand there's no other choice but to see how they play. 

Magic is the type that has a need to make you feel supid if you're not angry.  He'll then point to things that haven't happened and things he can't possibly know about as definitive truths.  Then when called out on it he brings up the past - which of course show ineptitude but that's how he supports his predictions and things he can't know. 

It never stops and quickly becomes an argument and not a discussion - which is what most people want to do - discuss and express opinions.  You've all heard it hear before relative to the Sabres.  He'll just throw out Marrone, Brandon, EJ, Winfield, Gillislee and on and on and on. 

If you don't go along with his negative emotional responses than he reverts to thinking you're a sheep and round and round and round.  In the end it doesn't make sense.  If you're that upset don't follow the team - why would you care to stir up the people that do?  It's because he goes right back to his foolish thinking that fans shouldn't put up with this.  He actually believes that's a real thing.

I'm not sure why he was banned but I know I can find out.  He's the type of vitriolic poster that incites the worst in other people.  Everyone is frustrated the Bills haven't made the playoffs but most fair minded people or those of us with a little age under our belts understand there's no other choice but to see how they play. 

Magic is the type that has a need to make you feel supid if you're not angry.  He'll then point to things that haven't happened and things he can't possibly know about as definitive truths.  Then when called out on it he brings up the past - which of course show ineptitude but that's how he supports his predictions and things he can't know. 

It never stops and quickly becomes an argument and not a discussion - which is what most people want to do - discuss and express opinions.  You've all heard it hear before relative to the Sabres.  He'll just throw out Marrone, Brandon, EJ, Winfield, Gillislee and on and on and on. 

If you don't go along with his negative emotional responses than he reverts to thinking you're a sheep and round and round and round.  In the end it doesn't make sense.  If you're that upset don't follow the team - why would you care to stir up the people that do?  It's because he goes right back to his foolish thinking that fans shouldn't put up with this.  He actually believes that's a real thing.

Can you present a translation in English?

Listen, you obviously know more than me. Let's make a bet on the Bills season. Since you are such a smart person and I am mentally challenged.

Listen, you obviously know more than me. Let's make a bet on the Bills season. Since you are such a smart person and I am mentally challenged.

What does their record have anything to do with what he said? What do you think there record will be?

You're right that is obvious. 

Absolutely.  Since we're so inept, have such a lack of talent, and didn't do an actual coaching search because Pegula is an idiot and Russ Brandon was involved - you should see the Bills has a bottom team in the league.  If we are in the top 5 in next years draft you win - if we're outside of the top in the draft I win.  The loser never posts on Sabrespace again. 

I just don't care what the Bills do. I don't care what the Pegulas do with the Bills either.

Absolutely.  Since we're so inept, have such a lack of talent, and didn't do an actual coaching search because Pegula is an idiot and Russ Brandon was involved - you should see the Bills has a bottom team in the league.  If we are in the top 5 in next years draft you win - if we're outside of the top in the draft I win.  The loser never posts on Sabrespace again. 

Edited by LGR4GM

They are a bottom 5 team. The issue is that the other rebuilding teams are smarter than Sean the Wrestler who wants to Jauron his way to 7 wins. Why don't you predict playoffs? If you lose you leave.

Edited by jeffismagic

They are a bottom 5 team. The issue is that the other rebuilding teams are smarter than Sean the Wrestler who wants to Jauron his way to 7 wins. Why don't you predict playoffs? If you lose you leave.

How do you do that with a bottom 5 team and you're a bad coach?

#exposed

starting to come around to the idea of no Bills thread on a Sabres forum

Please don't. Whenever TBD becomes unbearable, I come to this thread for some more reasonable discussion. That place has been a mess the last two days, and this is my safe haven.

How do you do that with a bottom 5 team and you're a bad coach?

#exposed

Because the other bad teams realize they are bad.  Sean not smart enough.

Time to man up. With a genius like Sean and Terry P running the team you better be assuming playoffs. If not get out of here with your weak takes.

Edited by jeffismagic