GDT: Anaheim at Buffalo 7:00 pm ET, 2/9/2017

Doohickie

Same source as the one that claimed the nose candy problem.

I see him about once a week or so, we talk Ducks stuff occasionally, always has a few good stories to tell.... duffel bags full of cellphones for road trips, cocaine abuse, player/coach relationship issues... etc..  It's fascinating stuff.    There's a lot of dark and dirty stuff that goes on inside organizations.

Shame about Kane and Gus. When did Derek Grant make his way back into this organization? I thought Nashville picked him up.

Let's go Sabres. Keep up the momentum at home.

Nashville waved him a few days ago.  The Sabres picked him back up and salted him away in Rochester.

So are those going to be the actual lines? It's amazing what that guy will do to keep Sam away from his natural position, even when he was playing the best hockey of his career and scoring at almost a PPG rate there a couple weeks ago. An AHL winger playing 3C to avoid it. That's insane. You know E-Rod is going to draw Kesler/Getzlaf every once in a while. Ugh.

I'm guessing those aren't the actual lines, but they're so jumbled that it's hard to know what DD is thinking.  There's a decent chance Kane plays, since he was working special teams in practice.  Bring him in, everyone gets shuffled around a bit.

I'm willing to wait, for sure. It wouldn't be the first time morning skate lineups changed.

But at some point Sam needs to start spending most of the season playing center. There's development to do, and we're just wasting time having him play wing with Jack, especially when he's struggling like he has been recently. He's not a winger.

I'm willing to wait, for sure. It wouldn't be the first time morning skate lineups changed.

But at some point Sam needs to start spending most of the season playing center. There's development to do, and we're just wasting time having him play wing with Jack, especially when he's struggling like he has been recently. He's not a winger.

My views on this are well-known. Why the best passer on the team is forced into the role of finisher and traffic player when his shot is the least of his skills and he functions best in open ice is the most egregious of Dan's sins IMO.

The stretch he played (with Kane and Bailey I think) when ROR was out was the best NHL hockey he's played.

I'll tell you one thing, Cload Julian wouldn't be making that mistake.

After young Jack has continued to comment on his post-game remarks , he better play better than he did for two periods on Tuesday.  This little hissy fit he is having over being booed will not sit well if he isn't 'generational' tonight.  This is the kind of thing that sours a fan base to a (perceived) failed golden-boy.  

After young Jack has continued to comment on his post-game remarks , he better play better than he did for two periods on Tuesday. This little hissy fit he is having over being booed will not sit well if he isn't 'generational' tonight. This is the kind of thing that sours a fan base to a (perceived) failed golden-boy.

Talk about something being misconstrued. All he said was a "yea duh" statement about how fans boo when the team sucks and cheer when they're playing well. I can't believe anyone is interpreting what he said as complaining about the fans booing.

After young Jack has continued to comment on his post-game remarks , he better play better than he did for two periods on Tuesday.  This little hissy fit he is having over being booed will not sit well if he isn't 'generational' tonight.  This is the kind of thing that sours a fan base to a (perceived) failed golden-boy.  

FFS. Seriously. I know you don't post much, and I'm reluctant to take a dump on a some-time poster, but this is just an awful take. 

Talk about something being misconstrued. All he said was a "yea duh" statement about how fans boo when the team sucks and cheer when they're playing well. I can't believe anyone is interpreting what he said as complaining about the fans booing.

Schopp's take on the matter was fair. It's at the very beginning of hour 3 from their show yesterday. It's measured, and fair. And a little sh1tty with young Eichel. But fair.

I saw the quotes today from Eichel -- about how he wasn't intending to say anything other than the fact that, when the team is good, the building is good, and when the team is bad, the building is bad. He said he was only stating facts, and not intending to offer any opinions.

Which I would be willing to accept entirely, had he not seemed a little pissed off when he said it and, more importantly, had he also not said something like "funny how it works that way." 

Funny. As in, it's not funny at all. As in, it's fahkin' wicked stoopid.

Maybe a little cash me outside, howbow dah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu10IiXVNBk

Look. I don't entirely agree with Schopp's take. I agree with a lot of it. But I also think Eichel is entitled to be a little pissed off that fans boo the team when they're struggling. He has good reason and good cause to get pissed off at that. In his mind, I am sure that he truly and honestly thinks that he is getting after it as hard as he can at all times, and that sometimes, things just don't work. And to be booed for that failed effort must be insulting and discouraging. There's part of him that probably wants to say: "Please. Just don't boo us when we're having a hard go of it. We're trying, even if it may look like we're not."

Having said that, I also think Eichel just needs to grow up a bit and let that sort of stuff go. Schopp is right to say that there is precisely zero upside for Eichel in venturing into such issues, and a whole lot of downside.

At the end of the day, I just really like the guy. (Eichel, not as much Schopp.) I like his game. I like this attitude. I like his personality. He's fun. He's not polished, and he's far from perfect. He's going to get better, and more consistent. And watch the funk out when he does, rest-of-the-NHL.

Edited by That Aud Smell

It's not like he went full Steve Ott...

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/steve-ott-calls-sabres-fans-booing-completely-ridiculous/

"I think it's completely ridiculous, to be honest with you," Ott said. "We go into other buildings, we've won a lot of games and teams should have the same amount of frustration, sold-out buildings and it's funny because they're continuing to cheer on their team. They stand behind their team. They respect the work ethic and everything else.

"It's disheartening when we did get hemmed in our zone and they're basically mocking us when you get up past the blueline and you finally get it in their zone after I guess you could say that minute and a half shift when they didn't have a scoring opportunity. I guess you can say it was more the mocking of my teammates and everything else that probably pissed a lot of guys off, including myself."

"You're a fan of the Buffalo Sabres and hopefully you come to cheer us on and motivate us to be good. We've got a lot of young players on this team and they definitely don't deserve to be booed. They deserve to have that excitement and energy. It's definitely not their fault for the last six years of frustration that's gone on."

The flare up over what Eichel said is reason number 8885244588663585999655 that hockey players are usually empty cliché machines.

Can just change that to athletes in general

You should check out barstool sports, it's everything ESPN should be. Plus the athletes can give be themselves on there

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.