GDT: Anaheim at Buffalo 7:00 pm ET, 2/9/2017

Doohickie

FFS. Seriously. I know you don't post much, and I'm reluctant to take a dump on a some-time poster, but this is just an awful take. 

Oh, don't worry about disagreeing as it surely won't hurt my feelings.  But it was clear that he was pissed off about being booed and he statement about being loved after they won was clearly sarcastic.  His remarks to the News today were reinforcing that image especially his concluding "so be it". That's fine, he can take whatever tone he wants.  My point was that the fan base will not put up with indifferent efforts AND (again perceived) snarky remarks.  

Whether the kid has a bad attitude or just questionable skills at the podium, who knows.  But "fan" is short for "fanatic" and they will turn on him given half the chance.  Fair?  Probably not.

it was clear that he was pissed off about being booed and he statement about being loved after they won was clearly sarcastic.  His remarks to the News today were reinforcing that image especially his concluding "so be it". That's fine, he can take whatever tone he wants.  My point was that the fan base will not put up with indifferent efforts AND (again perceived) snarky remarks.  

Whether the kid has a bad attitude or just questionable skills at the podium, who knows.  But "fan" is short for "fanatic" and they will turn on him given half the chance.  Fair?  Probably not.

This take is more fair than the other one. I agree with his tone on the "oh, they love us now, don't they?" Not a good look.

I think he'll grow and learn.

There are 19,000 something people in that place most nights. If even 5% of the people decide to start booing, that's damn near 1000 people. It will sound loud. The vast majority of people there (90%+) are not booing. He needs to understand that, and let the nonsense roll off him like water off a duck's back.

ROR needs to have a sit down with the kid.

He can keep being cheeky with the press as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad he was flustered by the booing; the team looked horrid for two periods (and was being made to look horrid by an excellent team firing on all cylinders). So be it. I assume within 3 years he'll sound like every other vet.

Keep being cheeky, Jack! Don't grow up too fast. (And if you threaten 40 G every season and improve on faceoffs and defensive positioning each year to create more takeaways that lead to odd-man breaks for Sabres' goals... all the better.)

I'm willing to wait, for sure. It wouldn't be the first time morning skate lineups changed.

But at some point Sam needs to start spending most of the season playing center. There's development to do, and we're just wasting time having him play wing with Jack, especially when he's struggling like he has been recently. He's not a winger.

Maybe we should trade O'Reilly for a stud defenseman. Then our fearless leader would have no choice but to play Reinhart, right? Or he'll just piss us off even more and put Ennis or Foligno at center.

I has a sad that Cash me outside girl has ended up here. I'm also sad that girl is only 13 and what seems like seriously damaged goods.

Yeah that thing has really gotten on my nerves. That and freaking Bye Felecia. If one more person says that I'm gonna lose it

Jack needs to know taking on the fans by the horns is going to end poorly. He can feel that way, and let it motivate him but any comments will only draw negativity. I think a lot of the fan base is on edge. His Tom Brady fellating and now fan chastising just pushes fans over that edge. Winning cure all ails. Let's hope that starts happening.

He can keep being cheeky with the press as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad he was flustered by the booing; the team looked horrid for two periods (and was being made to look horrid by an excellent team firing on all cylinders). So be it. I assume within 3 years he'll sound like every other vet.

Keep being cheeky, Jack! Don't grow up too fast. (And if you threaten 40 G every season and improve on faceoffs and defensive positioning each year to create more takeaways that lead to odd-man breaks for Sabres' goals... all the better.)

They sucked for five periods.

I has a sad that Cash me outside girl has ended up here. I'm also sad that girl is only 13 and what seems like seriously damaged goods.

Yeah that thing has really gotten on my nerves. That and freaking Bye Felecia. If one more ###### person says that I'm gonna lose it

Should I understand what these posts are saying?

Yeah that thing has really gotten on my nerves. That and freaking Bye Felecia. If one more ###### person says that I'm gonna lose it

Sorry, fellas. It's too overwhelming a meme.

Jack needs to know taking on the fans by the horns is going to end poorly. He can feel that way, and let it motivate him but any comments will only draw negativity. I think a lot of the fan base is on edge. His Tom Brady fellating and now fan chastising just pushes fans over that edge. Winning cure all ails. Let's hope that starts happening.

Is that really a thing? Is it really a thing? It can't really be a thing. The kid grew up in Boston, ffs. Of course he loves the Pats.

I scoffed at the Toronto mouth-breathers when they tried to e-climb up Auston Matthews' arse for cheering on the U.S. in the World Juniors. But I guess the lowest common denominator in Buffalo is no different, no better.

Can we talk about how the Sabres are going to take it to the Ducks tonight? It's sports, fans boo. Let's move on. Jack will be OK.

I know little about the Ducks. 2nd place in the Pacific Division. Not too shabby. It will be a tough game for the Sabres. I'm interested in watching the Ducks D since it seems most people on this board want to acquire some of their talent. If the Sabres shed them, it will be interesting watching everyone talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Go Sabres!

My views on this are well-known. Why the best passer on the team is forced into the role of finisher and traffic player when his shot is the least of his skills and he functions best in open ice is the most egregious of Dan's sins IMO.

The stretch he played (with Kane and Bailey I think) when ROR was out was the best NHL hockey he's played.

I'll tell you one thing, Cload Julian wouldn't be making that mistake.

I thought it was Kaner and Gionta, and I agree that it was the best he's looked -- and moreover, that stretch is what convinced me to join your "Reino needs to play center" movement.

Can we talk about how the Sabres are going to take it to the Ducks tonight? It's sports, fans boo. Let's move on. Jack will be OK.

I know little about the Ducks. 2nd place in the Pacific Division. Not too shabby. It will be a tough game for the Sabres. I'm interested in watching the Ducks D since it seems most people on this board want to acquire some of their talent. If the Sabres shed them, it will be interesting watching everyone talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Go Sabres!

I follow the Ducks out here.    They have a good team here's a few takes....

They have some outstanding defensemen... Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen.. with up and comers Theodore and Montour.  

Bieksa is their Gorges, must take advantage of him when he's on the ice... get on him quick and he'll cough up the puck.

Perry has been terrible this season.   9 goals in 55 games for a guy making $8.6m... they pay him to score goals, that's all he's good for.  

Getzlaf never shoots enough... here's another guy making +$8m who has a whopping 8 goals in 48 games.    

Despite all this they still find ways to win... due to their dynamic defense and depth at C (Getzlaf, Rakell, Kesler).    Will be a tough matchup for BUF 3rd line, whoever that is.    

While you're watching the game, pay attention to how well Fowler (and Vatanen and Lindholm) skate, and how quick they are on puck retrievals.   Will be a challenge even for guys like Kane to get any pressure on the forecheck.    Theodore and Montour are plus skaters as well.    

Rakell is an up and coming talent, IMO he'll be an All-Star someday, reminds me of a young Briere, he has that potential... great hands, smooth, agile, plus offensive awareness.

Get an early goal on Gibson and he'll be shaky the rest of the game.    Weak 5-hole.  

Is that really a thing? Is it really a thing? It can't really be a thing. The kid grew up in Boston, ffs. Of course he loves the Pats.

I scoffed at the Toronto mouth-breathers when they tried to e-climb up Auston Matthews' arse for cheering on the U.S. in the World Juniors. But I guess the lowest common denominator in Buffalo is no different, no better.

It gets real ugly real quick

https://twitter.com/Jack_Eichel11/status/828445101898756097

I follow the Ducks out here. They have a good team here's a few takes....

They have some outstanding defensemen... Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen.. with up and comers Theodore and Montour.

Bieksa is their Gorges, must take advantage of him when he's on the ice... get on him quick and he'll cough up the puck.

Perry has been terrible this season. 9 goals in 55 games for a guy making $8.6m... they pay him to score goals, that's all he's good for.

Getzlaf never shoots enough... here's another guy making +$8m who has a whopping 8 goals in 48 games.

Despite all this they still find ways to win... due to their dynamic defense and depth at C (Getzlaf, Rakell, Kesler). Will be a tough matchup for BUF 3rd line, whoever that is.

While you're watching the game, pay attention to how well Fowler (and Vatanen and Lindholm) skate, and how quick they are on puck retrievals. Will be a challenge even for guys like Kane to get any pressure on the forecheck. Theodore and Montour are plus skaters as well.

Rakell is an up and coming talent, IMO he'll be an All-Star someday, reminds me of a young Briere, he has that potential... great hands, smooth, agile, plus offensive awareness.

Get an early goal on Gibson and he'll be shaky the rest of the game. Weak 5-hole.

Just saw Rakell's stats. Woah. Had no idea.

Kesler is playing selke-level hockey from what I've read.

I thought it was Kaner and Gionta, and I agree that it was the best he's looked -- and moreover, that stretch is what convinced me to join your "Reino needs to play center" movement.

What was it, 20 points in 22 games he had there?

I saw an interesting take over on hfboards, that Dan really likes the top six-bottom six philosophy, and views Samson as absolutely a top six forward on this team, but not a better center than Eichel/ROR, and that's his reasoning for getting him at wing. I'm not sure how that fits in with Kane getting 4th highest TOI on the team from the third line, but it's still an interesting way to see it. Maybe he doesn't think the wing depth is good enough to give all three optimal minutes with optimal teammates. Now that Sam has gone a little cold and looks a little more like early season Sam than center Sam (besides that sublime pass two nights ago) I think it's worth going back to 9-23-12.

What happened to Carrier, by the way?

I saw an interesting take over on hfboards, that Dan really likes the top six-bottom six philosophy, and views Samson as absolutely a top six forward on this team, but not a better center than Eichel/ROR, and that's his reasoning for getting him at wing. I'm not sure how that fits in with Kane getting 4th highest TOI on the team from the third line, but it's still an interesting way to see it. Maybe he doesn't think the wing depth is good enough to give all three optimal minutes with optimal teammates. Now that Sam has gone a little cold and looks a little more like early season Sam than center Sam (besides that sublime pass two nights ago) I think it's worth going back to 9-23-12.

What happened to Carrier, by the way?

Good question on Carrier. It's been very quiet. I'd love to have him in the lineup.

Pi - thanks for the inside scoop. I'm definitely going to be watching their D.

Edited by Beer

Is that really a thing? Is it really a thing? It can't really be a thing. The kid grew up in Boston, ffs. Of course he loves the Pats.

B.B.F.S. (Butthurt Buffalo Fan Syndrome)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.