GDT: Buffalo at Toronto 7:30p ET 1/17/17

pi2000

Yeah well she was holding her phone up in his direction. The twats on sportsnet call it a selfie but to me it just looked like she took his picture. Doesn't matter he fell apart shortly after. Letting in 3 goals on 7 shots might not have anything to do with his flirting with the chick but its optics. Sportsnet is making it a feature story between periods.

That's because sports analysts are buffoons.

Having played goalie, those are the shots I hate, when a player comes in on net, knowing they can shoot, they wind up to take a shot and it just huggs the ice the whole way

I'm usually left frozen standing up watching the puck slide into the net between my legs..........

And you guys just catch the high shots and play over. Low means more rebounds, ya?

Yeah well she was holding her phone up in his direction. The twats on sportsnet call it a selfie but to me it just looked like she took his picture. Doesn't matter he fell apart shortly after. Letting in 3 goals on 7 shots might not have anything to do with his flirting with the chick but its optics. Sportsnet is making it a feature story between periods.

Itsa curse to have pic between periods...

Edited by North Buffalo

Am I crazy or do our defensemen act like they're stapled to their own end while trying to break out? Why do they never carry the puck or let a winger drop back to cover D to make the transition quicker?

The Leafs are sitting in the lanes and blocking stretch passes, the same thing the Wings did in the 2009 Cup Final

And you guys just catch the high shots and play over. Low means more rebounds, ya?

Yeah, typically more rebounds if you shoot low and its bouncing off a pad instead of in the air where we can catch it in our gloves.

When I know what a player can do I usually try and cheat and stay up knowing they can shoot high, but then they screw up the shot and it stays on the ice and for some reason you freeze up and watch it go in.....

Yeah, typically more rebounds if you shoot low and its bouncing off a pad instead of in the air where we can catch it in our gloves.

When I know what a player can do I usually try and cheat and stay up knowing they can shoot high, but then they screw up the shot and it stays on the ice and for some reason you freeze up and watch it go in.....

I've always told people that as a goalie I'd rather play against good players than bad ones. Good players make readable shots. Bad players...Who knows how that puck is coming off the stick.

Is this us being outcoached?

I mean, I'm not going to defend Bylsma in general, but I think it's been a pretty even game. They get a goal on a lucky bounce, a Lehner softy that even D4rk could save, and a Foligno busted coverage leaving Matthews open in the slot. Hard to pin that on the coach...well, other than the poor decision to play Lehner in a back to back.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I've always told people that as a goalie I'd rather play against good players than bad ones. Good players make readable shots. Bad players...Who knows how that puck is coming off the stick.

Thats my problem too, Iwas playing in a co-ed beginner league that had 2 levels and I was in the lower level. Its tough because the goals you end up giving up are bad ones because they are usually deflections, or bad bounces or hack that knock the puck in. In the higher division which I have played in also, they are actual shots and the ones that beat you are usually just really good shots.

I also find I prefer games where I am facing ALOT of shots compared to only a few, even if I give up a bunch of goals, I feel better about my play giving up 5 goals on over 40 shots then 1 goal over 10-15 shots...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.