GDT Sabres at NYI 12/23/16 7 PM MSG

Brawndo

They have a first, 2 seconds and 2 thirds.

Someone wrote an article recently that showed the actual number of Sabre picks that made it to the NHL, and what I read didn't encourage me at all.

It's hard to imagine the Sabres making it into the playoffs in the next couple of years.

Albert Einstein "doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result".

Edited by hockeyhound

He has drafted good talent.  The coaching is subpar.

Jury still out on the last 2 drafts but the 2014 one doesn't seem too great.

He's made one good trade (ROR) and a bunch of underwhelming ones.

Signed one good player (Okposo).

That's his entire 2+ years as GM. And we're still a bottom 5 team.

Someone wrote an article recently that showed the actual number of Sabre picks that made it to the NHL, and what I read didn't encourage me at all.

Prior to Murray, Reiger was feast and famine.   Murray has two drafts with 25 picks.  Lemieux was a bad pick since he did not want to play for the Sabres.  At least Murray got some thing for him in trade. 

He picked Bylsma after an interview in which he liked what Bylsma said he was going to do though, didn't he? 

We lost a lot of assets. I'm not thrilled with his time here so far. There's not much of anything to show.

Assets?  Dropped guys who did not mind losing. 

Prior to Murray, Reiger was feast and famine.   Murray has two drafts with 25 picks.  Lemieux was a bad pick since he did not want to play for the Sabres.  At least Murray got some thing for him in trade. 

What good is it to have a bunch of draft picks if the draft pool is weak.

Have the Sabres ever had a chance to get truly talented #1 first round pick.

The year the Sabres should have been a great position to get that #1 pick and the league changes the rules.

Edited by hockeyhound

Jury still out on the last 2 drafts but the 2014 one doesn't seem too great.

He's made one good trade (ROR) and a bunch of underwhelming ones.

Signed one good player (Okposo).

That's his entire 2+ years as GM. And we're still a bottom 5 team.

Hard to see but the 2014 draft will be a good one.  I expect these guys to make it to Rochester next year and push to make the club in 2018.   Watch Victor Olofsson.  He is a good goal scorer for Modo in the Swedish Hockey League.  I hope that the signs with the Sabres when his contract is up in 2018.

We've given up two firsts, two seconds, Zads and Grigs, and a handful of prospects for three regular players, one of which is awful, another who gets in trouble off of the ice and injured on it. A third for this coach. I'm not saying that I want all of those things back and that they'd be helping us right now. But any way you slice it, the net asset management has not been good, and we sit in a terrible spot with his players and his coach, and look the same whether healthy or injured. Tim doesn't look good right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.