GDT Sabres at NYI 12/23/16 7 PM MSG

Brawndo

We've given up two firsts, two seconds, Zads and Grigs, and a handful of prospects for three regular players, one of which is awful, another who gets in trouble off of the ice and injured on it. A third for this coach. I'm not saying that I want all of those things back and that they'd be helping us right now. But any way you slice it, the net asset management has not been good, and we sit in a terrible spot with his players and his coach, and look the same whether healthy or injured. Tim doesn't look good right now.

Zadorov and Grigorenko....no great loss.  They are not playing up to the hype. O'Reily is a better talent. 

Sorry, I'm talking about next years and beyond.

Okay.  I have not done my research on the upcoming draft.  Still working on the NFL. 

Merry Christmas to all.  See you after the holiday.  Peace, health and happiness to all.

He picked Bylsma after an interview in which he liked what Bylsma said he was going to do though, didn't he? 

We lost a lot of assets. I'm not thrilled with his time here so far. There's not much of anything to show.

Except he isn't doing what he said because I'm quite sure if he told Murray he would take his offensively gifted team and make them play this putrid style he would have never been hired

Edited by matter2003

I would listen to games but unless RJ is on I can't stand Dunleavy on radio. TV he's tolerable but radio your lost trying to know what's going on.

My brother in Phoenix said the same thing...can't follow the game on radio with Dunleavy plus Ray talks way too much and can't finish his useless comments in time for when play resumes....he's always talking during the play by play

I would listen to games but unless RJ is on I can't stand Dunleavy on radio. TV he's tolerable but radio your lost trying to know what's going on.

I bet some newer fans might say the same about Rick. Rick was never super-descriptive. It's about painting a picture while letting the listener fill in the numbers ("back to the point, a long shot, right on!" not "back to centerpoint, a long slap shot and a right pad save!"). I see the game when listening to Rick, but I don't with Dan, even though he's arguably more descriptive than Rick. Familiarity is 90% of it.

Sometimes I think the Sabres should spend the money and lose the simulcast and have a dedicated radio guy (or gal). But clearly they want to maintain Jeanneret as the brand. And I'm pretty sure there would be a minor revolt if Rick wasn't on the radio. Then you have the issue of radio-only local broadcasts in the playoffs.

Actually if the Sabres are going to spend some money, I wish they'd hire someone to walk around with a mic during pressers so we can hear the questions!

Reporter: hmm hmm grrmmm grumble mumble yada yada hmmm?

Bylsma: Yeah, definitely.

Someone could have some fun with those videos, dubbing in the questions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.