The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

On 8/22/2020 at 9:16 PM, PASabreFan said:

I bought a small plastic "live trap." It looks very much like it would be a death trap after a short time. We'll see what happens. I have no intention of driving this mouse two to 5.2 miles away. It's going to be released behind the empty garage next to my house. I know what y'all are saying. If it comes back, I'll go to Plan B. I just have a hunch it's trying to get out of the house anyway. It's scurrying around my kitchen during the day. Aren't mice nocturnal? (And I have no idea why it doesn't leave the same way it came in, if my hunch is correct.)

You probably know this already, but as part of the eviction, you need to clean up all mouse poop (and use some kind of cleaning product, not just a paper towel) or else the smell will attract more of them. 

Just now, nfreeman said:

You probably know this already, but as part of the eviction, you need to clean up all mouse poop (and use some kind of cleaning product, not just a paper towel) or else the smell will attract more of them. 

I didn't know that there were animals attracted to the poop of their, umm, "competitors."

I thought all animals marked their territory with that stuff.

I learned today!  And it's only 43 minutes into the day.

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The dog or the cat?

The dog looks cool.

Cats suck more than Tage.

I tend to agree with you on cats, but George is okay.  He was able to make the 70 lb. shepherd mix back off.

Mind you, not every cat is cool.  We've had 3 and only George is cool.  He was feral when my wife brought him home.

Winston (the dog) is a possum ace.  6 kills.

5 hours ago, shrader said:

Yeah, they’re not so great at cleaning up. 

Better the shoe than a tire.

What’s that old saying? You get the value of the money you spent less the expectation deductible...or something something what you pay for? 

That’s why I do ALL my home projects. 

If I don’t know how to do it then I learn. Another old saying? 

Fool me once, c’ain’t get fooled again.

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

Better the shoe than a tire.

What’s that old saying? You get the value of the money you spent less the expectation deductible...or something something what you pay for? 

That’s why I do ALL my home projects. 

If I don’t know how to do it then I learn. Another old saying? 

Fool me once, c’ain’t get fooled again.

Well technically the price I paid was the value of the house itself. It’s called thermal distortion. High efficiency windows basically are too efficient and can focus sunlight onto siding and melt it. Other neighbors have dead patches of grass from it. This was warranty work today. The entire side of my house was replaced. 

Fortunately since it was the side of the house none of those nails find their way into the driveway. That’s a big issue in these new construction neighborhoods though. The contractors leave nails everywhere. I picked up a nail three times. The worst was getting one 9 days into a new set of tires. We’re out of construction though, so our tires are now safe.