The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I got letters today from 2 lawyers looking to represent me for my marijuana possession charge. Trouble is, I don't have a marijuana possession charge. No crimes for me. No weed, no nothing. They're addressed to me. They are from actual criminal lawyers nearby me. Wtf is this? Do they have the wrong guy? My name is fairly common. Am I gonna have a bench warrant out for me soon?

6 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I got letters today from 2 lawyers looking to represent me for my marijuana possession charge. Trouble is, I don't have a marijuana possession charge. No crimes for me. No weed, no nothing. They're addressed to me. They are from actual criminal lawyers nearby me. Wtf is this? Do they have the wrong guy? My name is fairly common. Am I gonna have a bench warrant out for me soon?

Just go along with, see what happens.

14 hours ago, ubkev said:

I'd avoid weed for a little while.  It may be one of those Minority Report future crimes you're being charged with.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Is it me or does Google's festive logo today look like "Gurgle"?

holidays-2018-northern-hemisphere-day-2-5676669204430848-s.png

I see it. The blue bow’s curve makes an R in my quick glance and the brain fills in the rest of that sound. 

Should’ve gone with round bulb ornaments. 

I'm trying to figure out how to kick my company in the butt and get some work done with our IT infrastructure.

We don't need a full time IT person on staff, just someone to come in, evaluate, and guide an update of our infrastructure, and then maybe check in when we need some help? Come in for an hour every week? 

I don't know how this works or how to find a person like this. Is it even a thing?

47 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm trying to figure out how to kick my company in the butt and get some work done with our IT infrastructure.

We don't need a full time IT person on staff, just someone to come in, evaluate, and guide an update of our infrastructure, and then maybe check in when we need some help? Come in for an hour every week? 

I don't know how this works or how to find a person like this. Is it even a thing?

It's very much a thing.  Know some people out towards Ra-cha-cha that do that.  Not so much in Buffalo, but it shouldn't be too hard to find someone there.

Had an afternoon meeting cancelled, so am watching the rebroadcast of the US Slovakia game.  Commercial for Center Ice just came on.  Apparently they have a free preview running through the end of the calendar year.  Which is nice for those without CI.  But the free CI started on Christmas Eve.  

So very NHL-y.  Let's give the fans free hockey for about a week, except no games on December 24; ok, that's still 1 week of free hockey, except no games December 25; well, 6 days is still pretty generous, except no games on December 26 either.  So that 8 day long freeview is actually only 5 days.  Which is nice, but very deceptive advertising.  What's next, are they going to give free CI for ALL of July & August as well?

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Had an afternoon meeting cancelled, so am watching the rebroadcast of the US Slovakia game.  Commercial for Center Ice just came on.  Apparently they have a free preview running through the end of the calendar year.  Which is nice for those without CI.  But the free CI started on Christmas Eve.  

So very NHL-y.  Let's give the fans free hockey for about a week, except no games on December 24; ok, that's still 1 week of free hockey, except no games December 25; well, 6 days is still pretty generous, except no games on December 26 either.  So that 8 day long freeview is actually only 5 days.  Which is nice, but very deceptive advertising.  What's next, are they going to give free CI for ALL of July & August as well?

They never charge for Center Ice in July and August. It's very nice. 

26 minutes ago, ubkev said:

They never charge for Center Ice in July and August. It's very nice. 

That IS nice!

Always subscribe to CI, so never really noticed how long that Freeview was.  Thought they only gave it free for the last week of July & 1st week of August.  

But did hear they were considering offering it free in September as well through the Labor Day weekend.  Not sure how that 1 will play out.  Apparently Jacobs & Snider & the rest of the Old Guard think that's going just 1 bridge too far.