Foligno for Masterton Award

Doohickie

The Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to ice hockey.

Considering that he pretty much came up during the tank and he hasn't let it ruin his development as a player, and is becoming a key member of the team, is there *anyone* on this team that better exemplifies perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication?

Edited by Doohickie

I wish sportsmanship was left to the Lady Byng. I don't think Marcus is a good fit for this, but I believe the hockey writers from each NHL city have to nominate someone. It led to the wonky choice of ROR last year. Dedication, yes, but what did he overcome other than a self-inflicted injury?

Considering that he pretty much came up during the tank and he hasn't let it ruin his development as a player, and is becoming a key member of the team, is there *anyone* on this team that better exemplifies perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication?

Marcus was on the team a few seasons before the tank. I think Moulson and Gionta are way better fits for this award.

• 4 weeks later...

After his play on the top line, I have to reiterate:  I think Marcus deserves it.

I love the way he skates lately, not only does it make him a pest on the forecheck, it also helps his offensive game immensely as he gets a lot more opportunities now.

Foligno on a breakaway? When was the last time that happened?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.