We need a SabreSpace glossary

PASabreFan

Great board events: The Crash of 20??, The Meddling Trial, the Epic Jimmy Vesey Thread.

The Ryan O'Reilly Super Thread 2015

A thread where I argued that Zemgus could be ROR... I was flat out wronger than wrong can be. 

Also, referring to Gerbe as a center

HE IS A CENTER!!!!! 

Guys, definitions!

okay

def·i·ni·tion
ˌdefəˈniSH(ə)n/
noun
plural noun: definitions
  1. 1.
    a statement of the exact meaning of a word, especially in a dictionary.
    •  

•  
  2. 2.
    the degree of distinctness in outline of an object, image, or sound, especially of an image in a photograph or on a screen.
    synonyms: clarityvisibilitysharpness, crispness, acuteness;

I'm well aware of why the name exists but quite frankly I've never seen anyone use "sausage grabbing Marys" before today. Am I alone?

It makes me chuckle to this day

Swamp beat me to it. :)

Here is the definition.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23648-10-years-and-done/?p=733240

Scroll down for the answer.

It was just posted elsewhere: Eichel and his overly long stick.

Not sure what the term is, but we need something to reference Lindy bludgeoning Luke Adam with his hockey stick in practice. Maybe something like the great assault of 2012 (or whenever it was).

Haha - YES! Poor Luke Adam. He is most certainly suffering from some sort of post concussion/traumatic stress disorder from being whacked around by Lindy like that.

Tank

See also: The Tank

A dark time full of suffering in which the Buffalo Sabres traded away every valuable asset they had in order to acquire draft picks and young players while simultaneously trying to guarantee they finished dead freaking last in the rankings to get the highest draft pick possible. 

I will note that The Tank isn't really a term peculiar to this message board. Same goes for some of the other terms mentioned upthread.

Do we want a glossary that's a primer for the Sabre fan experience generally, or this board specifically?

Board-specific. Don't fret. This is going to be an amazing, amazing glossary, absolutely world-class.

Swamp beat me to it. :)

I just don't recall it being of regular use in the Sabrespace lexicon.

Not sure what the term is, but we need something to reference Lindy bludgeoning Luke Adam with his hockey stick in practice. Maybe something like the great assault of 2012 (or whenever it was).

The tappening?

Afiniganov 2.0; A guy who stick handles thru the entire opposing team and then trips over his own skates and passes the puck away to the other team.

Will that do?

Synonym - Ennis

Board-specific. Don't fret. This is going to be an amazing, amazing glossary, absolutely world-class.

It will have all the best words! Trust me, It's going to be beautiful! You're all just going to have to trust me.

:lol:

I just don't recall it being of regular use in the Sabrespace lexicon.

I don't think it was in regular use... more like one of those gems that would come up periodically.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.