GDT: Buffalo at St Louis, 8:00 PM ET, 11/15/2016

Doohickie

This team is tanking without attempting to tank. This is the stink that don't fade away after you tank to get better. Its the bad smell that follows you out of the shittter. Worse its the smell of a shitthouse door on a tuna boat.

Now that I've got that out of my system...Breath

This team is tanking without attempting to tank. This is the stink that don't fade away after you tank to get better. Its the bad smell that follows you out of the shittter. Worse its the smell of a shitthouse door on a tuna boat.

This team downright sux.  I get it, ROR and Eichel are out, and Ennis is out and wasn't what he used to be under a decent system, and Girgs is in but wasn't what he used to be...

This team sux.

Well, they are missing their 2 top C's, 1 guy slotted in as a top 2 line W, 1/2 of their top 4 D, and a couple others. When all your depth (aka Ra-cha-cha callup) guys (except 1) are all still on ELC's due to being barely 1 year past the tank, you can't miss 1/2 of your top 10 guys & a handful of guys that would've slotted in as replacements.

They have to find a way to steal some points this month. These next 2 are weeks are critical, but are shaping up to be ugly. Would've been real nice to not throw away points on that 1st roadtrip. Earn your money DB.

I knew it was gonna be a LONG night when that idiot Gorges somehow managed to interfere with Lehner on the first St. Louis goal.  Still no points for Gorges in the middle of November - that's just pathetic for a $4 million D-man wearing an "A".  

I just don't think that Gorges (or the other whipping boy, Bogosian) are the problems right now.

I've made the decision to retire until they are in 8 spot. Taking the stress out of watching garbage year after year is what must be done.

If that 8 spot is next year so be it. If anyone ever needs tickets (and the game you want is one of my 21), I'll beat any price out there guaranteed....I'm done

And Lehner is just awful. He is constantly out of position. He bit so hard on the fake on the second goal it's embarrassing. Between Lehner, Kane and the rest of this sorry squad, GMTM is looking pretty bad.

Lehner awful? cant say he is, he might have some rebound problems but other than that he is solid.

Modo, you need to understand who that comment is coming from. Promo is um, um Lunatic Fringe. Lehner was awesome again. The real shame of this season is that we are just wasting terrific goaltending whether it's Lenny or Nilsson. And for the record, I think it should be Nilson.  

So we are Edmonton after all then?

I just don't think that Gorges (or the other whipping boy, Bogosian) are the problems right now.

No, lol, I suppose not, but Gorges is kind of a lightning rod for my general dissatisfaction with the team and the coaching, and symbolizes a garbage team.   Believe me, when I saw him get tangled with Lehner, and then the puck goes in the net,  I had a number of choice words for him.  Plus, the guy leads the team in penalties.   He's the new Ville Lame-o to me.  

Some of the talent that Murray has acquired -  they seem less than adequate.  

No, lol, I suppose not, but Gorges is kind of a lightning rod for my general dissatisfaction with the team and the coaching, and symbolizes a garbage team.   Believe me, when I saw him get tangled with Lehner, and then the puck goes in the net,  I had a number of choice words for him.  Plus, the guy leads the team in penalties.   He's the new Ville Lame-o to me.  

Some of the talent that Murray has acquired -  they seem less than adequate.  

Yeh, I don't know why McCabe isn't playing up with Risto at this point.  Put Gorges with Franson... Falk actually played decent I thought and Franson seemed to be a bit better, though he didn't have a lot of minutes.  Nelson needs to gain 50lbs, no two ways about it, the guy is a light weight literally.  Could put him at wing... he might actually score. Crap, almost glad I missed the final period driving in to work..  Sigh.  Might as well keep Jack and ROR out as long as needed.  Sabres need as high draft choices as possible and even then I am not sure only 1 draft would do it.  They still need two scorers imo.... and at least 1 possibly 2 more D.  Don't see them anywhere in the system at this point... maybe PU, Nylander needs some weight and is at least a year or two off.  This is gonna suck longer than I originally anticipated... 

Lehner isn't the problem. The defense is marginally better than the last few years. Unfortunately, without Eichel and O'Reilly, the offense isn't any better than the tank years.

Guys like Fasching, Nylander, Bailey, Baptiste, Guhle still need to develop. In the meantime we're stuck with what we have. It is what it is. They're at best a borderline playoff team when fully healthy.

Lehner isn't the problem. The defense is marginally better than the last few years. Unfortunately, without Eichel and O'Reilly, the offense isn't any better than the tank years.

Guys like Fasching, Nylander, Bailey, Baptiste, Guhle still need to develop. In the meantime we're stuck with what we have. It is what it is. They're at best a borderline playoff team when fully healthy.

Sigh... you are right, but am sorely disappointed it hasn't, or isn't, or can't happen sooner... So what is the 2017 draft looking like... Any solid good sized puck moving D out there?

Agree on Gorges. Bogosian absolutely is one of the problems, in that he can't stay healthy. I mean, it's not his fault, but him being injured so often is definitely a problem for our team, and my main knock on him being a fixture in our top 4.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.