Sabres and the Wrong Brother

Eleven

So it occurred to me yesterday that the Sabres have a huge pattern of getting the "wrong" brother of two hockey players.

Wrong Foligno.

Wrong Niedermayer.

Wrong Primeau.

Wrong Gretzky.

Maybe wrong Seiling.

Wrong Maloney.

I know I'm missing at least a couple, so please chip in.

I do think they have the right Reinhart though!

So it occurred to me yesterday that the Sabres have a huge pattern of getting the "wrong" brother of two hockey players.

Wrong Foligno.

Wrong Niedermayer.

Wrong Primeau.

Wrong Gretzky.

Maybe wrong Seiling.

Wrong Maloney.

I know I'm missing at least a couple, so please chip in.

I do think they have the right Reinhart though!

Wrong Dryden.

Also, wrong Shannon. (Yes, they had both of them.)

Wrong Miller.

Burning hot take.

Well, having the one that became a Sabres assistant coach was more a case of being "in the right place at the wrong time" than being in the meh place at the meh time.

?? Wasn't he on the Finals team?

Wrong Leino.  I'm sure sure he has a brother or even if he does, whether that brother played hockey.  Nonetheless, we got the wrong brother.

:w00t:

BTW, I encourage everyone to pick up an old VHS copy of this movie. One of the scenes hauntingly presages the wacky crease goal against the Leafs.

Wrong Hamel.

Wrong Gratton.

Wrong Rolston.

Interesting tidbit of useless information ... the Gretzky's were the highest scoring pair of brothers in the history of the NHL.  Our Gretzky contributed 4 of those points. :w00t:

Good call on Rolston, but Jean Hamel's career was unremarkable and so was that of Chris Gratton's cousin (not brother).

• Like (+1) 1

What about the right brothers?

Miller, Playfair, Reinhart, Turgeon, Gionta, McKegney, McGinn, Moore (Although Dom sucked here), Regehr, Paiement (Wolf was pretty good in his one season in Buffalo -20 goals) and Stanfield were/are better then their siblings. We drafted the better Miller, Playfair, Turgeon, and McKegney. Is Chris Stewart better then Anthony? What about Chris Drury vs Ted; I think we had the better Drury also. Does Alex Biega count as a Sabre since we drafted him but never gave him a shot at the NHL?

We also had both Moller brothers and both Sauve brothers.

We also had the lesser Taylor brother, but he is an all time great Amerk.

I forgot, we had the wrong Hodgson brother.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.