Sabres and the Wrong Brother

Eleven

Speaking of wrong Brothers, 32 Thoughts did a segment about the 2016 Draft, namely about the Sabres choice of Alex Nylander. 

Marek mentioned that the decision was down to two players and that the Sabres spoke with both of them the day of the draft. 

They were Sergechev and Nylander.  Marek mentioned the Sabres Rumored Aversion to Russian Players. 

GMTM listened to His Swedish Scout Andres Forsberg who came with Him from Ottawa. The scout as integral in drafting Mika Zibanejad, Erik Karlsson and Robin Lehner for Ottawa. He knew the Nylander Family well and convinced Murray Alex was the way to go. 

Hopefully Forsberg continues at His 75% Hit Rate moving forward with the Sabres. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Speaking of wrong Brothers, 32 Thoughts did a segment about the 2016 Draft, namely about the Sabres choice of Alex Nylander. 

Marek mentioned that the decision was down to two players and that the Sabres spoke with both of them the day of the draft. 

They were Sergechev and Nylander.  Marek mentioned the Sabres Rumored Aversion to Russian Players. 

GMTM listened to His Swedish Scout Andres Forsberg who came with Him from Ottawa. The scout as integral in drafting Mika Zibanejad, Erik Karlsson and Robin Lehner for Ottawa. He knew the Nylander Family well and convinced Murray Alex was the way to go. 

Hopefully Forsberg continues at His 75% Hit Rate moving forward with the Sabres. 

So Chychrun wasn't a finalist for that pick?  Interesting.

What about Father and Son?  For example we had Sam Reinhart (S) who is better than his father Paul Reinhart.  We had Alex Nylander (S) who is not only worse than his brother, but also his father.  I think we also had the best Foligno, Mike (S), but his kids, Marcus (S) and Nick, have had excellent careers.

What other Father/Sons?  Ryan MacInnis (S) isn’t as good as his HOF father.  My guess is Jimmy Snuggerud will probably be better than his father and former Sabres Dave (S). Adam Creighton slightly better than father Dave? We also had Lee Fogolin Jr. (S)  who was better than his dad Lee Sr, but both were Cup winning D.  Sabres legend Bill Hajt was certainly better than his son Chris. Casey Fitzgerald (S) isn’t as good as his dad Tom.

I also think we had the best Pyatt in Taylor (S) who was better than father Nelson and brother Tom. Danny O’Regan (S) and his Dad Tom are a wash.  There are a bunch more. I wonder if Mattias (S) will eventually surpass dad Kjell.  Both Sauve brothers, Bob (S) and JF (S) were better than their respective sons. Phillipe and Maxime.  Son Jimmy Vesey (S) over dad Jim.  I’d say Craig Wolanin is better than 1 game Sabre Christian.  Obviously Pierre Turgeon (S) was better than his son Dominic. Is Randy (S) better than son Miles? What about the Thomspon family? Tage (S) over brother Tyce and father Brent.

One other note.  Mark Jankowski is arguably better than his grandfather Lou Jankowski.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, shrader said:

Does anyone want to do some research?  I'll pay you with a beer the next time I'm in Buffalo (aka. never).  How many teams have also fallen victim to wrong brother syndrome?

I'm guessing a lot did, really. For any brother pair, one team got the lesser.

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What about Father and Son?  For example we had Sam Reinhart (S) who is better than his father Paul Reinhart.  We had Alex Nylander (S) who is not only worse than his brother, but also his father.  I think we also had the best Foligno, Mike (S), but his kids, Marcus (S) and Nick, have had excellent careers.

What other Father/Sons?  Ryan MacInnis (S) isn’t as good as his HOF father.  My guess is Jimmy Snuggerud will probably be better than his father and former Sabres Dave (S). Adam Creighton slightly better than father Dave? We also had Lee Fogolin Jr. (S)  who was better than his dad Lee Sr, but both were Cup winning D.  Sabres legend Bill Hajt was certainly better than his son Chris. Casey Fitzgerald (S) isn’t as good as his dad Tom.

I also think we had the best Pyatt in Taylor (S) who was better than father Nelson and brother Tom. Danny O’Regan (S) and his Dad Tom are a wash.  There are a bunch more. I wonder if Mattias (S) will eventually surpass dad Kjell.  Both Sauve brothers, Bob (S) and JF (S) were better than their respective sons. Phillipe and Maxime.  Son Jimmy Vesey (S) over dad Jim.  I’d say Craig Wolanin is better than 1 game Sabre Christian.  Obviously Pierre Turgeon (S) was better than his son Dominic. Is Randy (S) better than son Miles. Lastly what about the Thomspon family? Tage (S) over brother Tyce and father Brent.

One other note.  Mark Jankowski is arguably better than his grandfather Lou Jankowski.

This is some solid work here.

Also: I don't think anyone has mentioned the O'Reilly brothers here yet, right? Huh: Cal put up 53 pts in 75 games with Lehigh in the AHL this year. Good for him!

11 hours ago, MattPie said:

Also: I don't think anyone has mentioned the O'Reilly brothers here yet, right? Huh: Cal put up 53 pts in 75 games with Lehigh in the AHL this year. Good for him!

After the reports of how Cal treated Nylander, F him.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I’d guess in part due to them both being Sabres

Eh, people were talking about the Sauves so I figured it was fair game. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

After the reports of how Cal treated Nylander, F him,

I thought that was the other way around. F him, indeed.

Edited by MattPie
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Eh, people were talking about the Sauves so I figured it was fair game. 🙂

I thought that was the other way around. F him, indeed.

Yes COR supposedly made Alex’s life a living hell. To be honest, If I were William Nylander and had a chance to play COR I’d look to board him for what he did. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.