Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

A Man Called Otto was awesome. It had me laughing and tearing up. Tom Hanks is a national treasure.

My only problem with the movie was that I wished they added 15-30 minutes of extra footage to help build some of the characters and relationships more. It could have been that much more intense. I think that's a testament to how much you love the characters in the movie and just want that much more.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

"The Holdovers" was a treat. Great performances by Paul Giamatti, Dominic Sessa, and Da'Vine Joy Randolph.

For an old dude like me it was like taking a time machine back to winter 1970, when I was more or less the age of the prep school kid in this movie. 

Edited by Dr K
  • Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

“True Detective” — latest season, which just concluded — pretty solid — I’ll give it a B.

”Mr. And Mrs. Smith” — surprisingly good for an Amazon show — B-plus.  

My favourite True Detective is still season 1 with Woody and Matthew. I give season 4 a B as well.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, JujuFish said:

Went to my first IMAX to see Dune Part 2. That was a fun experience, and the movie wasn't half bad either.

Heading out to see it now.  Wished we had more time today to get to the IMAX and see it there. 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Roadhouse was horrible thanks for Ruining another Classic 

The original was pretty awful 80s garbage lol.  Can’t imagine a sequel would be any better

10 minutes ago, Weave said:

The original was pretty awful 80s garbage lol.  Can’t imagine a sequel would be any better

You’re wrong about this. Lemme guess Blood Sport is trash too? Commando? Where does it end?

54 minutes ago, Weave said:

Ghostbusters IS a classic.

Until you have that moment where you see it on your tv listings, click on it, only to find out that it’s the all women one. The same thing happens from time to time with Karate Kid and one other movie that is escaping my brain right now. 

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

You’re wrong about this. Lemme guess Blood Sport is trash too? Commando? Where does it end?

Blood Sport is so bad

So bad that every time it's on I leave it on and watch the rest of it.  "Okay USA!"