The sky is falling!

JJFIVEOH

The team isn't particularly good right now, and we needed to fire on all cylinders this year to have a sniff at the playoff picture.

The injury situation is probably just enough to dig a big hole we won't be able to climb out of.

On top of that, Bylsma is a horrible coach and mis-manages his players and games.  He is consistently out-coached.

He's not going to survive the season. 

Other than that, yes, the doomsday picture is hilarious!

:lol:

The team isn't particularly good right now, and we needed to fire on all cylinders this year to have a sniff at the playoff picture.

The injury situation is probably just enough to dig a big hole we won't be able to climb out of.

On top of that, Bylsma is a horrible coach and mis-manages his players and games.  He is consistently out-coached.

He's not going to survive the season. 

Other than that, yes, the doomsday picture is hilarious!

:lol:

And don't forget to throw GMTM under the bus again.

I won't make light of the opening game as the condition we're in and the emotion we displayed is about as suck ass as it gets. But there are 81 regular season games left and I know that for sure. 

I addressed this in a couple other (legitimate) threads.  The team lost 3 of their studs right at the end of training camp, and a fourth is playing hurt.  All this came out of nowhere (even with the injuries to Kuli and Ok, reports were saying they'd be ready for Game 1).  The team DDB thought he was going to have on the ice for Game 1 wasn't what showed up by any stretch.  Hard to expect him to put a good product on the ice with all that sprung on him the last minute.

The first handful of games will be rough, but we should see steady improvement as the studs return and the team gels.  It shouldn't take as long as last year.

I addressed this in a couple other (legitimate) threads.  The team lost 3 of their studs right at the end of training camp, and a fourth is playing hurt.  All this came out of nowhere (even with the injuries to Kuli and Ok, reports were saying they'd be ready for Game 1).  The team DDB thought he was going to have on the ice for Game 1 wasn't what showed up by any stretch.  Hard to expect him to put a good product on the ice with all that sprung on him the last minute.

The first handful of games will be rough, but we should see steady improvement as the studs return and the team gels.  It shouldn't take as long as last year.

It's the amazing lack of depth on defense that just stuns me. We really have no good option at 7th d man, God forbid we have to go deeper than that! I'm not worried at all about the forwards, think we have kids ready to come up.

How many teams do?

The biggest problem the Sabres have is on defense. 

As long as Gorges and Franson are in the top 6 the team will not be a true contender. Once Kulikov comes back and it drops Gorges to the bottom pair and Franson ends up in the press box, the team should be a lot better (even without Eichel). How long till the next injury though?

The biggest problem the Sabres have is on defense.

As long as Gorges and Franson are in the top 6 the team will not be a true contender. Once Kulikov comes back and it drops Gorges to the bottom pair and Franson ends up in the press box, the team should be a lot better (even without Eichel). How long till the next injury though?

Almost every team in the league has their Franson's and Gorges. With a shortage of high talent defensemen in the league and a salary cap, no team is going to have six quality top 6. None. If we get rid of Gorges and Franson, they'll only be replaced with somebody of similar caliber. Or, somebody else will be eliminated to afford a better replacement, which will deplete the rest of the team.

No matter how well they'll play along the way, it'll never be good enough. It's nice to dream of six top 2 defensemen, but it's never going to happen. Ask any fan in the league, their team has their own Franson's and Gorges's.

And I fear who will be the next injury.

If the team as assembled, without injuries, played last night,... the Sabres win going away.

The sky is not falling.

The sky is definitely not falling but the fact your first statement wasn't able to happen obviously has fans feeling snake bitten again.  I don't think any reasonable fan thought our defense got markedly better but that we'd hang with most teams offensively.  I also don't think any reasonable fan should have thought we would win our opener.  The defense would have to win the game along with Lehner needing to stand on his head. 

It's a difficult pill to swallow having to wait for what should be the best part of our team - offense.

We shall double our efforts!

It's true. All they have to do is work harder! And GMTM is not as forgiving as I am.

In the first game, we looked like a disjointed team that hadn't played its lines together yet because of the World Cup and late preseason injuries, going against a fully rested team with its roles known. I fully expect to rebound as O'Reilly, Okposo, Kulikov, and Ristolainen round into form. We know Reinhart's line, whichever it is, is going to threaten offensively and we know Larsson will draw the occasional cheapshot for his line harassing the opposition all game. The question is how long does it take for us to gel -- 3 games, 10 games, or until Eichel returns from injury? We'll get this sunken sky sorted out.

Yes, yes I do. Because most can't/won't recognize the fact that our 5-7 defenseman aren't any worse than everybody else's 5-7.

Really? I disagree. I'll go so far as say Casey Nelson is the worst number 7 in the league. which makes us worse off than anyone else. The dude can't take the body, can't win a puck battle and was also pissing the bed on handling the puck. Will he get better? I have my doubts, but if he doesn't, and they still play him, the sky is falling

I really hope he improves quickly

Really? I disagree. I'll go so far as say Casey Nelson is the worst number 7 in the league. which makes us worse off than anyone else. The dude can't take the body, can't win a puck battle and was also pissing the bed on handling the puck. Will he get better? I have my doubts, but if he doesn't, and they still play him, the sky is falling

I really hope he improves quickly

Pretty sure there are top six guys worse than Nelson. Like Sbisa.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.