The Goose Is Hanging Up His Skates

BagBoy

Terrific career for a guy who at one point was probably charting as a non-NHL player.

Was it Dawn Baird who helped him with his skating? Or did she come around later?

I think that was later.

I'm pretty sure Lindy wanted him to lose weight one offseason to get him out of the part time pugilist role and into a checking center role.

Is my signed stick worth more now?

Gaustadt was my guy back in the day. When everyone else was picking Pommers and Vanek as their favorite youngster coming out of the lockout I latched on to Goose. He never had a chance here after the Miller thing. He also was not that great. But I liked him.

I would have bought a Goose jersey if it weren't for the sluggalo. 

Nice.  I bought a Goose jersey during the Slug era, when the current Home jersey was the third (apparently, sometime during 08-09 or 09-10).

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Sabres/Sabres.html

I have a homemade Girgensons nameplate (yellow paper with sharpie) currently stapled to the jersey (because I am classy).

Good for him.  I'd sort of lost track and hadn't realized he was still in Nashville.  Wonder if he'll stay there since his family has been there for some time now and he has little ones?

He goes back home to Portland in the offseason, so I'd imagine they'll settle there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.