SabreSpaceBlue & SabreSpaceGold 2016-2017 Edition

deluca67

Hank's retiring Deluca.

Btw, LGR, I owe you an apology. About a week ago I accused you of being part of a PK lynch mob. You asked me to provide examples and my response was dickish, to put it mildly. I started re-reading that thread and there is no evidence to support my claim. I am humbled, and I am sorry.

I renewed all the Gold teams from last year. I made the suggested scoring changes. Right now we have 14 teams. If a couple dropout I can cap at 12 if all are agreed.

Please post any additional scoring suggestions or draft times.  

I am in for Gold.  If you have two teams drop out, I would go with 12 versus adding two replacements.  In a league where you are allowed to start two goalies, 14 teams are too many.  Also, I would drop one of the goalie categories(I would drop saves or save percentage.  No need for both)  You have 11 scoring categories, and 5 goalie categories, where the lineup consists of 11 skaters and only 2 goalies.

I am in for Gold.  If you have two teams drop out, I would go with 12 versus adding two replacements.  In a league where you are allowed to start two goalies, 14 teams are too many.  Also, I would drop one of the goalie categories(I would drop saves or save percentage.  No need for both)  You have 11 scoring categories, and 5 goalie categories, where the lineup consists of 11 skaters and only 2 goalies.

I agree. Especially about GT stats. A goal tender who starts a game is guaranteed 3 out of the 5 stats good or bad they will get a start, sv% and saves. 

Btw, LGR, I owe you an apology. About a week ago I accused you of being part of a PK lynch mob. You asked me to provide examples and my response was dickish, to put it mildly. I started re-reading that thread and there is no evidence to support my claim. I am humbled, and I am sorry.

Apology accepted. 

I might play again, I'm not sure yet. I'm really not crazy about the Yahoo for at at all. Also not crazy about the fact that half the players give up by mid-season. If I have to make a decision today, count me out. I may just do the one league that has more movement during the week (I forget which one it is without being able to look it up right now).

I might play again, I'm not sure yet. I'm really not crazy about the Yahoo for at at all. Also not crazy about the fact that half the players give up by mid-season. If I have to make a decision today, count me out. I may just do the one league that has more movement during the week (I forget which one it is without being able to look it up right now).

One of my big problems with a 14 team league. by the All Star break you might have 8 teams setting lineups.

Basically if you are not committed to set your lineup each week and play out the season don't play.

One of my big problems with a 14 team league. by the All Star break you might have 8 teams setting lineups.

Basically if you are not committed to set your lineup each week and play out the season don't play.

I agree. I don't want to win because my opponent never showed up, nor do I want to be leading a division and have 2nd place win a week because his opponent not show up. 

I'd be open to doing an ESPN league, but that's not what this thread is for. 

Possibly/ I will let you know as soon as all the owners confirm/decline.

Can I please have a Gold roll call for all owners coming back? Please include your team's name. Thanks.

Also, as suggested I up'd the active d-men on the roster to 4, to balance I reduced the utility players to 1 from two. Keep the suggestions coming. i know we can't make everyone 100% happy but we will try to get as close as possible.

ok thank you. Interested

I agree with all of this

The 12 team cap seems to be the popular opinion. So, we will cap at 12 teams this season. 

Also,

I removed 'Saves' from the goaltender scoring. 

What are the thoughts on +/- and GWGs? 

For goalies I have:

Games Started

Wins

GGA

SV%

The 12 team cap seems to be the popular opinion. So, we will cap at 12 teams this season.

Also,

I removed 'Saves' from the goaltender scoring.

What are the thoughts on +/- and GWGs?

For goalies I have:

Games Started

Wins

GGA

SV%

I would actually like to see saves back in for GT scoring. My argument being that I think it helps even things out for teams that are hurting from injuries and whatnot. It lets them score points even if they're using a goalie who is getting shelled nightly.

I wouldn't mind +/- being eliminated. I think consensus now is that it's more of a team stat than an individual player stat. While it does make defensemen more relevant, I think it's ultimately a wash when you factor the offensive players in, who tend to end up as minuses more often.

Are we doing Faceoffs won and Faceoffs lost, or just Faceoffs won? I wouldn't mind a Faceoffs lost category.

I would actually like to see saves back in for GT scoring. My argument being that I think it helps even things out for teams that are hurting from injuries and whatnot. It lets them score points even if they're using a goalie who is getting shelled nightly.

I wouldn't mind +/- being eliminated. I think consensus now is that it's more of a team stat than an individual player stat. While it does make defensemen more relevant, I think it's ultimately a wash when you factor the offensive players in, who tend to end up as minuses more often.

Are we doing Faceoffs won and Faceoffs lost, or just Faceoffs won? I wouldn't mind a Faceoffs lost category.

I am not sure what you mean by teams hurting from injuries, you mean NHL teams or fantasy teams? Either way saves should be gone IMPO. If my Goalie saves 24 of 25 shots and your goalie gets shelled and saves 35 of 40 shots, how should that give you a category win in Fantasy? My goalie performed better. Also SV% accounts for shots. If your goalie gets shelled and saves 39 of 40 shots that helps his sv% and helps you win that category. Shots should be removed especially when  a GT is guaranteed to register stats in 3 of 5 categories any night they play. Shots, SV% and Games Started. 

I have no issue with +/- going away 

Faceoff losts I am not that opposed to accept again we have a balance thing going on. Can we do faceoff win% instead? just 1 category? I ask because faceoffs already place centers as higher valued players. Just a thought there. 

I don't like the GWG category but if it gets kept I am not really upset or anything. GWG is primarily luck driven. For instance if I score a goal in the first minute of period 1 and no else scores, I get a GWG but realistically that was a bit of luck. Again, I fine with this being kept. I think it helps to give goal scorers a little extra weight. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Not a fan of GWG; as LGR says it's a bit random.

Dislike +/- as a real stat, but as a fantasy stat it is a great leveler  not only adding value to defencemen, but also when it comes to creating a balanced team.

Who's a better player: Ennis at 21/23/44 but -13 with 46 hits? Or Girgensons at 14/13/27 but +16 with 114 hits?

It really depends on what your team needs more of.

Don't mind saves, but whatever we decide, I think we should use 4 goalie stats and 10 skater stats — five or six scoring-related (G, A, P, PP, SHP) five of six not (FO, Hits, BS, PMs, +/-).

Edited by dudacek

I am not sure what you mean by teams hurting from injuries, you mean NHL teams or fantasy teams? Either way saves should be gone IMPO. If my Goalie saves 24 of 25 shots and your goalie gets shelled and saves 35 of 40 shots, how should that give you a category win in Fantasy? My goalie performed better. Also SV% accounts for shots. If your goalie gets shelled and saves 39 of 40 shots that helps his sv% and helps you win that category. Shots should be removed especially when  a GT is guaranteed to register stats in 3 of 5 categories any night they play. Shots, SV% and Games Started. 

I have no issue with +/- going away 

Faceoff losts I am not that opposed to accept again we have a balance thing going on. Can we do faceoff win% instead? just 1 category? I ask because faceoffs already place centers as higher valued players. Just a thought there. 

I don't like the GWG category but if it gets kept I am not really upset or anything. GWG is primarily luck driven. For instance if I score a goal in the first minute of period 1 and no else scores, I get a GWG but realistically that was a bit of luck. Again, I fine with this being kept. I think it helps to give goal scorers a little extra weight. 

Fantasy teams. And I don't see how that gives a category win to the worse goalie. If anything it forces a tie. Your good goalie performed better against less shots and would win on SV%, but the worse goalie faced more shots. Those two categories wash out. Which is my intention. When it comes to goalies that are good vs. goalies who are bad, at the end of the day we're all required to start goalies regardless of whether or not they or their team sucks. We can pick and choose our skaters, but goalies are not optional. We have to start them even if they're awful. 

In theory, the goalie facing less shots, and having the better SV% will probably have a better win/loss record because they'll be on a better team. The good goalies would still be favored. But I think even average/bad goalies need to be given a fighting chance to at least win one category, and that's shots faced. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.