Laraque: Sabres trying to trade Evander Kane

Hoss

Punch drunk Georges Laraque didn't he try to ruin Junior hockey a couple of years. As far as Kane goes if you don't get charged with anything you never done it but lets hang him anyway. And you wounder why you can't get ufa to go there. The meida is the problem. Hear say for makes a good story. When some hooker wants to take Jack for everything he's worth will we trade him to. Come on Buffalo prove him guilty of something first.

rumour mill is cranking now: guy in my building just told me that it's being "reliably reported" (i.e., thrown around somewhere on Twitter) that the reason GM TM is done with E. Kane is because he brought Eichel and Reinhart to the Bottoms Up 18+ night in question.

(i'm pretty sure Eichel is summering in Boston.)

rumour mill is cranking now: guy in my building just told me that it's being "reliably reported" (i.e., thrown around somewhere on Twitter) that the reason GM TM is done with E. Kane is because he brought Eichel and Reinhart to the Bottoms Up 18+ night in question.

They're both over 18 though?

rumour mill is cranking now: guy in my building just told me that it's being "reliably reported" (i.e., thrown around somewhere on Twitter) that the reason GM TM is done with E. Kane is because he brought Eichel and Reinhart to the Bottoms Up 18+ night in question.

FWIW

Eichel was in Buffalo for The Bauer Draft Event held on the same day as the occurrence.

Channeling my inner PA....it's also possible that Pegula is tired of off-ice incidents and would prefer to cut ties.

Now, excuse me as I go shower with a flame thrower.

Two SS Titans and struck me right in the funny bone!

Sure.

But how does one feel about the elite talent and future face of the franchise being at a nominally 18+ night with a DB like Kane on a night where a criminal complaint is lodged against said DB?

I feel the Sabres are their employers not their nannies. Trading Kane won't stop them enjoying themselves and nothing would stop them seeing him in the offseason anyway. I bet they have both had a sip of beer too!!

Eichel seems like a serious guy and Reinhart spent his year having extra practices of his own accord. I doubt going to a bar with Kane is going to derail their careers, and if it will then there is nothing the Sabres can do about it.

Edited by ThirtyEight

It's a comical image. The skeevy old degenerate bringing the two Boy Scouts through the front door, and the wide-eyed boys, changed and corrupted forever.

Sure.

But how does one feel about the elite talent and future face of the franchise being at a nominally 18+ night with a DB like Kane on a night where a criminal complaint is lodged against said DB?

Yeaaaah.  Normally, I wouldn't care if it's just one player doing what one player does, but if it turns out it's true that Kane brought Eichel and Reinhart along, I would stand behind any decision GMTM makes to jettison Kane.  That's just not good for our young stars. Fortunately, if they were there, the lesson they learned was that Kane is a DB and acting like a DB gets you into super huge trouble.

My friend ran into Eichel at Encore on the night of the draft. He was there with.... ROR, our future captain and untradeable asset.

Not that it even needs to be said. But if Eichel and/or Samson were at a bar or club with Kane, it's a pretty moot point.

rumour mill is cranking now: guy in my building just told me that it's being "reliably reported" (i.e., thrown around somewhere on Twitter) that the reason GM TM is done with E. Kane is because he brought Eichel and Reinhart to the Bottoms Up 18+ night in question.

Don't see how Murray could be upset at Kane for this. After all, he did say he wanted Kane to spend more time with his teammates :p

I feel the Sabres are their employers not their nannies. Trading Kane won't stop them enjoying themselves and nothing would stop them seeing him in the offseason anyway. I bet they have both had a sip of beer too!!

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not suggesting the Sabres are the players' nannies. Nor am I suggesting that Eichel is a stranger to having a few pops with the boys ("I'm comin' for ya, Buffalo!"). I am suggesting that Kane, under certain circumstances and possibly under the influence of certain substances, may be a genuinely not good guy, and that we may not want him socializing with the team's young stars.

I doubt going to a bar with Kane is going to derail their careers, and if it will then there is nothing the Sabres can do about it.

Nothing? How about trading him? Buying him out?

Just wait till one of them sees boobs for the first time!!

Not my point at all, in the event it were being implied it was.

Don't see how Murray could be upset at Kane for this. After all, he did say he wanted Kane to spend more time with his teammates :P

Right?! Remember that stuff from GM TM about how Kane needed to "open up" to these guys and enter into human relationship with them?

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not suggesting the Sabres are the players' nannies. Nor am I suggesting that Eichel is a stranger to having a few pops with the boys ("I'm comin' for ya, Buffalo!"). I am suggesting that Kane, under certain circumstances and possibly under the influence of certain substances, may be a genuinely not good guy, and that we may not want him socializing with the team's young stars.

Nothing? How about trading him? Buying him out?

Not my point at all, in the event it were being implied it was.

Right?! Remember that stuff from GM TM about how Kane needed to "open up" to these guys and enter into human relationship with them?

I'm just joking with you. I have no idea about Kane. By all accounts at the very least he is a 'complicated' person. My point is that if you don't want Kane mixing with your stars at all, then why did you trade for him? Murray works in the NHL, and it isn't like Kane's reputation for things didn't precede him. However, if the Sabres problem is that Kane took his teammates, who happen to be young stars, to a bar then the Sabres are in for a rough ride. Furthermore, it isn't like either of them has even hinted at being a Tyler Sequin-style character - and even then, we know how that trade turned out! - who needs to have the right people around him as he is too immature to be trusted alone

But was Vesey there?

Fwiw, if you search on the Tweeter, it does appear that Eichel and Reinhart have previously attended other 18+ nights at Bottoms Up. (My search returned various drunk Tweets about seeing them at Bottoms Up from as long as ~400 days ago.)

Phew, at least now i'll be able to sleep soundly tonight :p

I'll confess to being naive to the bar scene, especially the underage club scene. What is 18+ night?

If its anything like a 16+ night here...it's interesting. Basically you allow underage people into the bar for the night but don't allow them to drink (wristbands usually identify those that are allowed to drink).

They're usually rammed with two groups of people: 16/17 year olds who want to be grown up and grown ups who want 16/17 year olds

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.