What Is Buffalo's Next Move?

WildCard

If that's the best you can come up with, I win this one.

No, it was at the top of my head.  I'm sure I can come up with more.  I'm  also sure I can't spend time on it right now!  I'm already distracted enough because I have NHLN on.

No, it was at the top of my head.  I'm sure I can come up with more.  I'm  also sure I can't spend time on it right now!  I'm already distracted enough because I have NHLN on.

Right?  Dual monitors and my laptop on my desk right now.  NHL Network on one.  This forum on another screen and then my work email, etc. on the laptop.

Gotta love distraction!

Forgot, you guys are at work.

Canada Day holiday up here my friends.

Yea.. at work.  I haven't received a new email since 8:35am.  Normally I would have had over 60 by now.  

Sitting at home "working".

:)

I don't want to trade Kane, particularly not under market value. But Okposo is better. Better passer, more accurate shot, probably a bit better defensive. Kane is a better forechecker, that's about it.

Yup.

Forgot, you guys are at work.

Canada Day holiday up here my friends.

Cheers! :beer:

I call it Swift Bogoing.

Very nice.

Separately:  if they add Vesey and Fowler, then, with the additions of KO and Kulikov (and perhaps a fire lit under the meatheaded Kane), that is a big offseason.

Kane-ROR-Ennis

Reino-Eichel-KO

Vesey-Larsson-Gionta

Deslauriers-Schaller-Bailey

Kulikov-Risto

Fowler-Bogo

McCabe-Gorges

(Foligno & Zemgus & other pick/prospect traded for Fowler)

Good lineup, but Reino's gotta be on the right. Reino over for KO, KO up for Ennis, Ennis down to 2nd LW.

I agree. Ennis has been playing RW out of necessity but with Okposo, Reinhart, and Gionta there's no need to keep him out of position just to put Reinhart out of position too.

I left my office at 11 because of free agency.  Work is portable now.

Yeah, I've done about 15 minutes worth of work since 11 am...tis the season.

If Vesey signs we'll have too many forwards and I can definitely seeing GMTM trading either Kane/Ennis/Girgenson + picks for Fowler.

For me there are plenty of players that should be moved or at least in a couple of cases bought out. My list is Folingo, Moulson, Franson, Gorges, and Gionta. Depending on how they bounce back I could put Gus and Ennis on that list too. IMO Nylander, Bailey, Hudson, Nelson, Guhle, and possibly Carrier are going to be ready sooner rather than later for the league. So we have to start making room.

For me there are plenty of players that should be moved or at least in a couple of cases bought out. My list is Folingo, Moulson, Franson, Gorges, and Gionta. Depending on how they bounce back I could put Gus and Ennis on that list too. IMO Nylander, Bailey, Hudson, Nelson, Guhle, and possibly Carrier are going to be ready sooner rather than later for the league. So we have to start making room.

I agree to an extent, but after this season Gionta & Franson will be gone so I'm not concerned about them. I hope Moulson bounces back this year just to become Vegas bait.

Gorges and Gionta are on the last year of their deals and out of respect will be on the roster this year. Franson is also one and done and I think most likely a trade candidate in the right situation. The next two years will see an influx of 2-4 of those young players u mentioned IMO

Gorges and Gionta are on the last year of their deals and out of respect will be on the roster this year. Franson is also one and done and I think most likely a trade candidate in the right situation. The next two years will see an influx of 2-4 of those young players u mentioned IMO

Didn't realize those three are in the last year of their contracts, that's great news. Honestly, I think Bailey and Hudson are ready this year but do to lack of room will spend the season in Rochester. The only reason I would put Franson over Nelson is for trade value. So Franson can get his minutes and be dumped at the trade deadline. Nylander and Guhle are 2017-2018 candidates for sure. The only one I really question about being on this team within two years is Carrier.

Gorges actually has two years remaining, not one.

Thanks. Well that second year could be a problem for Gorges, captain Gionta his buddy will be gone and they'll need his roster spot. Maybe 7th d.

As for the rest of the mentioned. I'd really like to see a team of them in Rochester playing and winning together this year and next but could easily see Fasching and Bailey challenging for spots this year with Gionta getting demoted to 4th line mins.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.